View Poll Results: The Man of Steel, or the Dark Knight???

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman aka Clark Kent aka Kal-El aka The Man of Steel etc.

52 26.13%
  • Batman aka Bruce Wayne aka The Dark Knight

147 73.87%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Superman or Batman Poll

DC or Marvel does any one like to read comics from both companies?

Batman. He rocks it out. His balls...he carries them with construction equipment. Superman has all the sack of a deflated water ballon.

batman i like that black leather :-) but i think George Clooney was the best..
    Last edited by blueeyes; 09-01-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Talking

Has to be The Batman. Anyone can fight crime if they have superstrength and are invernable, but with no superpowers, only your own trained body and mind, and the gadgets you've created? That's guts! Besides, Bruce is always on the psychotic edge, adding a dark side to Batman, and a bit of a "lone wolf." He will help The Justice League only if it suits him.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't know..but I see Keaton more suitable

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    batman i like that black leather :-) but i think George Clooney was the best..

Blog Entries
    I was always a Marvel fan growing up. Superman and Batman were ruined for me in my youth with the original cover art not to mention cheesy bat show. Eventually I crossed over to see light. Batman of the 90's through today hands down. I'm talking the batman of the comics, not the movies. Sorry Supey.

subterranean,
    To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happines -Betrand Russel
    we can't always have what we want, I know i won't have what i want. i have wished for the same thing everytime i throw a penny in the fountain.
    So do you like batman beyond? I do.

they are secrets for a reason, if they are told are they still a secret? ;-)

Life's an illusion. YellowCrayola's Avatar
    I adored the Batman cartoons when I was young. I grew out of the characters long ago, but I still manage to watch some movies here and then. Heh.
    "...You can say anything you want, yessir, but it's the words that sing, they soar and descend.... I bow to them... I love them, I cling to them, I run them down. I bite into them, I melt them down.... I love words so much... The unexpected ones....The ones I wait for greedily or stalk until, suddenly, they drop..." -Pablo Neruda

I like both characters, but Batman wins. He's had to work hard to become the best at what he does, whereas Superman was just born powerful. Superman's almost invulnerable, indestructable - where's the fun in that? We want flawed characters that are out there risking their necks.

I love the darkness that's associated with Batman, if anything I think it could be darker. Absolutely loved Alan Moore's The Killing Joke and Miller's Dark Knight Returns .

Only one criticism of the characters - underwear on the outside of their costumes!? In this day and age!? Surely it's time for DC to (ehem) remove their underwear.

I wonder if anyone's read any of the early Authority comics? They've got a twisted version of Superman and Batman (called Apollo and Midnighter) that do all the things that DC are not allowed to do. It makes excellent reading.
    Last edited by Zippy; 09-24-2005 at 08:26 AM.

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I suppose it's no secret who my favorite superhero is (hint: look to the far <-- left), but between the two, I prefer Superman. Batman is so painfully overrated by the masses, referred to by comic book rookies as "the only one without superpowers," which annoys me to no end. Batman is cool, no doubt about it, so it's nothing personal, but he's seriously two steps away from being as psychotic as the people he fights. Superman is THE Boy Scout, fighting for "Truth, Justice, and the American Way." Sure, it's annoying, and the underwear grates on the nerves once in a while, but as seen in the Death of- and Return of Superman story arcs, people draw so much inspiration from Superman that he is literally an icon (no, seriously--there are people worshipping him). He inspires hope, while Batman can only instill fear. Batman does win extra points for Coolest Car but loses points for Running Through Young Wards Faster Than Michael Jackson.

Green Arrow still kicks all of their butts.

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Robin hood is not a super hero Robin hood is a REAL life hero-ish I suppose anyway he doesnt have great thingmabobs or amazing superpowers , same reason I can say Zorro is a superhero.

My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You misunderstand. My avatar is not Robin Hood, but Green Arrow I/Oliver Queen, of DC Comics semi-fame. First non-charter member of the Justice League, Green Arrow began as a Batman clone (billionaire who suffers a serious loss and goes vigilante, complete with Arrow-Car, Arrow-Plane, and Arrow-Signal), he eventually received a major makeover and developed a) a personality, and b) a sense of humor. As it stands, he's an ultra-liberal cynic with a weakness for women who gave his life to save Metropolis, was resurrected by his friend/traveling buddy Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, and now serves from time to time in the Justice League with son Green Arrow II/Connor Hawke, former young ward Arsenal/Roy Harper (formerly known as Speedy), and lover Black Canary II/Dinah Lance. Any comic book geeks out there, please correct me if I mix something up or omit anything major.

Understandable mix-up,though--if memory serves, Green Arrow is a direct descendant.
    Last edited by RobinHood3000; 12-01-2005 at 03:54 PM.

superman vs batman

For me I think Superman is way cooler because he has real powers not just lame objects that help him. Batman has to get his stuff from other people, superman was born with the super human powers. He is way cooler.

I vote for Superman. When I was a small kid, I had delusions that I was Superboy with magical powers his parents had to keep secret. Then I fell out of a tree and realized I couldn't fly. Good thing I wasn't on a cliff.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by starrwriter
    I vote for Superman. When I was a small kid, I had delusions that I was Superboy with magical powers his parents had to keep secret. Then I fell out of a tree and realized I couldn't fly. Good thing I wasn't on a cliff.
    Half wolf, half goat and the Superboy???

~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast