Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Believe in God

Real-Life Vorticist

I Believe in God

He, yes HE, for God is primarily a male entity, was birthed by Christians.

This does not mean he is imaginary. God is no more imaginary than the U.S., surely. There are temples to him, correct? Theres a city devoted to him and his son's name, correct? Surely there must be some existence in it, if there weren't it... wouldn't be. Simply put.

Denying Him is the same as denying that wherever you reside is yours and yours alone, independent of country. Surely American exists, for it has fighters and flags, does it not?

So yes, I am a convert in one sense... However I want God, this word you've made yours, dead. I want Jesus to be reborn and slain. I kid you not. I will kill your savior if ever he rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by 0=2 View Post
    He, yes HE, for God is primarily a male entity, was birthed by Christians.
    Well, if your theology includes Jesus Christ, you really ought to admit that Jews gave birth to christianity, since Jesus was a Jew and all of the christian bible prior to Jesus is Jewish.

This does not mean he is imaginary. God is no more imaginary than the U.S., surely. There are temples to him, correct? Theres a city devoted to him and his son's name, correct? Surely there must be some existence in it, if there weren't it... wouldn't be. Simply put.
    Unfortunately, this means that the pyramids built for Osiris, Horus and Hathor, the pyramids for Mayan gods, Buddhist temples and every Hindu temple in India means their gods are live and well also.

Your idea is particularly naive.

Denying Him is the same as denying that wherever you reside is yours and yours alone, independent of country. Surely American exists, for it has fighters and flags, does it not?
    Bad analogy. I can walk on American soil, eat a hamburger and pick up a ttransvestite hooker in Hollywood, so I can pretty well prove America's existence, along with my home and my own country.

If you want to claim that god is a material entity who I can go and meet, then yes, USA and the christian god are analogous.

Otherwise, no.

So yes, I am a convert in one sense... However I want God, this word you've made yours, dead. I want Jesus to be reborn and slain. I kid you not. I will kill your savior if ever he rise again.
    Sounds more Satanic than christian.
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

I'm even more confused than I normally am by religious people.
    The salvation of the world is in man's suffering. - Faulkner

it is what it is. . . billyjack's Avatar
    no doubt. but i'm guessing the last part is referring to the old Buddhist adage, "if you see the Buddha, kill him." more metaphorical than murderous

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    no doubt. but i'm guessing the last part is referring to the old Buddhist adage, "if you see the Buddha, kill him." more metaphorical than murderous
    Reminds me of The The lyrics: "If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today. He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA."
    Cause I've seen blue skies
    Through the tears in my eyes
    And I realise... I'm going home.

~ The Rocky Horror Show

it is what it is. . . billyjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewnut View Post
    Reminds me of The The lyrics: "If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today. He'd be gunned down cold by the CIA."
    checked them out. youtubed em too. like the quote, very gangstaish--probably true too

not sure "the the" made it across the pond though, at least not my local radio scene in the frozen tundra

Denying Him is the same as denying that wherever you reside is yours and yours alone
    solipsism or am i off a skosh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewnut View Post
    Jesus is simply a person who completely understood the divine through out his life, and always taught that love of God was the most important thing, also that loving God and loving His creation are similar. The exact same thing is taught in my religion. Christ is a divine teacher, or spiritual master. Only by the mercy of the spiritual master can one cross over the ocean of birth and death. We have are all eternal souls, which have transmigrated bodies for millennia. To finish this cycle of birth and death, we have to renounce all desires, or; simultaneously, abandon desires of the self in order to serve the desire of the Complete Whole. Each of us is part of the Whole, but we are not aware of its attributes or our relationship with it. We are not aware if it is sentient, existant, or infinite. But the spiritual master, the divine teacher, who is generally following in a spiritual traditions, of which there are many - the spiritual master teaches his own spiritual master's teaching, which is teaching the love of God.

0=2, just consider what Jesus did to make you feel this way.
    What did He do wrong?
    I suggest you to stop feeling hatred towards Him since there is no reason to do so.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Try the lyrics to Kris Kristofferson's "My God They Killed Him." Were Jesus here in bodily form, someone would no doubt kill Him. Whoever this poster is, I really wonder about him or her...
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Real-Life Vorticist
    Quote Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

Bad analogy. I can walk on American soil, eat a hamburger and pick up a ttransvestite hooker in Hollywood, so I can pretty well prove America's existence, along with my home and my own country.

If you want to claim that god is a material entity who I can go and meet, then yes, USA and the christian god are analogous.

Otherwise, no.

Sounds more Satanic than christian.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wait so... you're saying... that without your perception... without you relaying properties onto this ground... it is naturally and intrinsically "American"?

America exists because it has land. Vatican City is God's city. Therefore...?

God is so real he's speaking through you. Christian intellect controls the athiest, for being born in western society he chose his belief out of contradiction, whether or not he'd like to admit this... most do. If this were not so you're symbolic dialectic would not so perfectly match the Christian ethos in which absolutism allows for a moral code. Your moral code is logical procession which you assume to be absolute, despite you CHOOSING your analogies outcome. This is, of course, how to win an argument, but it hardly contains "truth" nor disproves anything but itself and reality along with it.

Every sentence is so timely...

And Satanism? The most Christian religion to come into fruition these past 50 or so years.

The The is pleasant music. There is also a line from a song by Low with the line "Cause if he were born today we'd kill him by age eight".

P.S.(Want to kill a God? Find his followers, burn his churches, and understand rhetoric kills rhetoric, and feeding a flame spends it twice as fast.)

God is so real he's speaking through you. Christian intellect controls the athiest, for being born in western society he chose his belief out of contradiction, whether or not he'd like to admit this... most do.
    Hi There,

Son, for the life of me, I have not a clue what you are talking about. It sounds like word goo to me. Is there a chance you could try to be a tad clearer for us slower witted folks?

Thanks,
    Doug
    “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream.” -Jack Kerouac

America exists because it has land. Vatican City is God's city. Therefore...?
    Which god owns it? As far as I'm aware, the land is owned by the Roman Catholic church, not a god.

God is so real he's speaking through you. Christian intellect controls the athiest, for being born in western society he chose his belief out of contradiction, whether or not he'd like to admit this... most do.
    This is just incredibly naive.

First off, outside of USA, christians are a minority rather than a majority, but most importantly, how many people think something is true lends no validity.

2000 years ago, everyone thought the earth was flat. Was the earth ever flat?

As to this part:

If this were not so you're symbolic dialectic would not so perfectly match the Christian ethos in which absolutism allows for a moral code. Your moral code is logical procession which you assume to be absolute, despite you CHOOSING your analogies outcome. This is, of course, how to win an argument, but it hardly contains "truth" nor disproves anything but itself and reality along with it.

Every sentence is so timely...

And Satanism? The most Christian religion to come into fruition these past 50 or so years.

The The is pleasant music. There is also a line from a song by Low with the line "Cause if he were born today we'd kill him by age eight".

P.S.(Want to kill a God? Find his followers, burn his churches, and understand rhetoric kills rhetoric, and feeding a flame spends it twice as fast.)
    This covers it:

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Hi There,

Son, for the life of me, I have not a clue what you are talking about. It sounds like word goo to me. Is there a chance you could try to be a tad clearer for us slower witted folks?

Thanks,
    Doug
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skasian View Post
    0=2, just consider what Jesus did to make you feel this way.
    What did He do wrong?
    I suggest you to stop feeling hatred towards Him since there is no reason to do so.
    I believe Jesus doesn't need anyone to defend Him . Suppose any comments thrown agaisnt Him, even the harshest ones, wouldn't change any fact about who He really is for those who believe in Him, don't you agree?

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subterranean View Post
    I believe Jesus doesn't need anyone to defend Him . Suppose any comments thrown agaisnt Him, even the harshest ones, wouldn't change any fact about who He really is for those who believe in Him, don't you agree?
    Here! Here!( Or should it be hear! hear!?)
    And on that note, a friendly Mod note:
    please ensure that you are not making personal comments or attacking anyone's set of beliefs. Have a nice day
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

15 miles or so north of the city of london
    Jesus doesn't need anyone to defend him, like Peter Pan doesn't either. Neither does god. Which rather makes the blasphemy laws irrelevant and obsolete. Peter Pan doesn't need blasphemy laws either.
    Faith is believing what you know ain't so - Mark Twain

The preachers deal with men of straw, as they are men of straw themselves - Henry David Thoreau

The way to see faith is to shut the eye of reason - Benjamin Franklin

The teaching of the church, theoretically astute, is a lie in practice and a compound of vulgar superstitions and sorcery - Leo Tolstoy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast