Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: School Bells

Blog Entries
    Feuw! Another TMA result, and stress lifted! 71% for TMA02 for A150!
    Just got TMA01 for A174 in two weeks time!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Is school over yet?
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Blog Entries
    No. I'm waiting for one assignment to come back and have one due on thursday.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"

I don't know if I should carry on with this degree if the best I can achieve in Lit. is 60%. I wasn't aiming for mediocrity.
    "...You are not wrong, who deem
    That my days have been a dream;
    Yet if hope has flown away
    In a night, or in a day,
    In a vision, or in none,
    Is it therefore the less gone?..." E. A. Poe

Keep going, Veho - you'll regret it all your life if you fall by the wayside at this stage. Take a refreshing break - if you can - and start again with renewed determination. Ask for a review of your paper with a sympathetic tutor, if that's possible, he/she may be able to help you improve your exam technique. The very best of luck with the rest of your course.

Quote Originally Posted by kasie View Post
    Keep going, Veho - you'll regret it all your life if you fall by the wayside at this stage. Take a refreshing break - if you can - and start again with renewed determination. Ask for a review of your paper with a sympathetic tutor, if that's possible, he/she may be able to help you improve your exam technique. The very best of luck with the rest of your course.
    Thank you, Kasie. Sometimes we need a good bit of positive advice - and you're right, I really would regret giving up now.
    In a night, or in a day,
    In a vision, or in none,

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    I am not doing very well this year gradewise... I got two Ds :-/ But I am still enjoying the course material and feel that I am learning a lot... So, even though the grades do not indicate it, I think it is not a waste of time.

Keep going, Veho!
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    I am not doing very well this year gradewise... I got two Ds :-/ But I am still enjoying the course material and feel that I am learning a lot... So, even though the grades do not indicate it, I think it is not a waste of time.

Keep going, Veho!
    I guess grades aren't the most important thing really, as long as it's enjoyable and new things are being learned (which seems to be true for both of us). Good luck to you for the rest of your course!
    Last edited by Veho; 05-04-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    In a night, or in a day,
    In a vision, or in none,

Banned
    You all are so lucky. I'm so envious of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post

Keep going, Veho!
    Glad you are enjoying the content at least, you course-crazy person, you - Will Ds get you a Pass? Hope so - good luck with the rest of it.

I went back to Welsh classes this morning, having not so much as opened the book since before I went away in March.... However, I thought I would get ahead of the game by preparing a few answers to the FAQ at the beginning of each term - so I went in with a prepared reply to What did you do last weekend? Did you go away in the holiday? and Did you watch the Royal Wedding? And sure enough, the tutor started with me - Did you go anywhere over Easter? He told the class that 'a lot of work' had gone into the preparation of my account of the trip to New York - little did he know of my last minute panic over breakfast!!

Blog Entries
    Jeez its been a while! The last couple of months have been college stress stress stress. I'm never juggling two courses again. I could sleep for a decade!
    However college is now over for the summer! Hurrah!! I'm free to waste hours of my days on litnet again!
    Got TMA03 back from A150- Voices and Texts 64% disappointing but I couldn't stand Hard Times so I think it affected my grade. Oh well! Exam done and dusted for the course. Just have to wait for the result now! :S
    Got TMA02 back from A174- Start Writing Fiction 73%. Could have done way better if I had the time to properly re-edit it and redraft it. Oh well!
    Starting A215- Creative Writing in Oct. My first level 2 course.
    The encouragement in this thread has been great and really kept me going, especially from you Scher!
    W.B.Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by kasie View Post
    Glad you are enjoying the content at least, you course-crazy person, you - Will Ds get you a Pass? Hope so - good luck with the rest of it.
    I managed to get some better grades later on and submitted my final assignment mid September. Will find out how I did in December.

And now, after four years, I do not have anything to study for at the moment. Decided to take a break till February as the last course I took was very heavy.

How is everyone else doing? Who is studying/taking courses this term?
    ~
    ~

Blog Entries
    It looks like I'll be starting graduate school in February. I'm a little nervous. My under grad stuff was pretty consuming and I'm working full time now.

Quote Originally Posted by motherhubbard View Post
    It looks like I'll be starting graduate school in February. I'm a little nervous. My under grad stuff was pretty consuming and I'm working full time now.
    Good luck, MotherH! Been doing the same since last year and it is not an easy ride but even more rewarding for it.

Passed my course from last year and started a new one in February... Been informed by my tutor that I am supposed to dedicate at least 12 hours a week to my studies Considering that that is the amount of time I usually spare just before the assignments, wondering how it will turn out this term.
    ~
    ~

Blog Entries
    I got accepted to grad school but I haven't confirmed the offer yet, I'm still procrastinating over whether I want to do it.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood