Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 64 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: School Bells

School Bells

guess who starts school on monday???

I registered for two classes today. One starts next monday the other starts next thursday. The funniest part is that the program I've decided to go into is in the liberal arts department so I'll have to take all those arsty fartsy classes I stayed away from my first go around.

hmmm, I wonder if I'm going to be the oldest one there?

I can't wait to buy school supplies....I wonder if I'll need a compass and protractor??
    Last edited by papayahed; 01-06-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    Hey welcome to the club, my classes do not start for another two months though. The most exciting thing about classes is buying the supplies try and stay away from the protractors though.

And I am sure you will not be the oldest but you may well be the smartest.

A FLEECED MONSTROSITY aBIGsheep's Avatar
    Guess who hasn't even sent in his application!
    The worst feeling in the world isn't loneliness, it's being forgotten by someone you can't forget.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aBIGsheep View Post
    Guess who hasn't even sent in his application!
    I have no idea who that could be

Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    I can't wait to buy school supplies
    That has always been the best part of school for me.

I'm still playing around with some ideas. I think I will do an at-home/online degree/diploma - whatever - based on what I choose. I have my list, but I still haven't decided what I want to do exactly. This will be a change in my life, and I have to make sure I am choosing something that won't be a regret this time.

I always wonder if I would set foot inside a college today would I be one of the older ones, or even the oldest in my class. But I will never know as I just plan to stay hidden away from society and studying at home.

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    I LOVE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Except for homework. That just gets tiring. I like working, but I need rest, too.

I just about killed myself last night registering for the SAT...I got it all messed up and still have to fix it. I was so confused, haha. Wish I had someone to guide me like an older sibling.

So yeah...it can be stressful. But man, I love it for the most part! I love teachers! They are so goofy. One science teacher showed me a fresh squid beak today. XDDD Man I love those guys. True friends. I borrow books and CD's from them. Pretty cool. They really help when I'm feelin' down 'n' lonely!

Have fun!

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Blog Entries
    Guess who's still a deadbeat with a bunch of worthless night school credits to complete? :P!

I don't even get to go school supply shopping =[ And that's MY favourite part, too!
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaT View Post
    I don't even get to go school supply shopping =[ And that's MY favourite part, too!
    I used to love going with my supply sheet to the store. It was always so much fun choosing the pencils, folders, notebooks, erasers and stuff. I always thought I was the only one that enjoyed doing this. Looks like I was wrong. I have to admit that I still like it when the stores put out all of the new supplies. I love to look through all of it even though it is something that I don't need to do anymore.

I start my second semester in February. I'm kind of nervous because I need to do well in gr. 12 English to get into the university I want (I'm in gr. 11, but I took gr. 11 English in advance this past summer). But the rest of my classes are fairly interesting.

And yes, shopping for school supplies is a strange fascination that I think everyone secretly enjoys. The kid-in-a-candy-shop mentality kicks in as you spend time picking different trinkets to add to your academic arsenal. Regular shopping isn't nearly as fun, because you always buy the same thing.

Blog Entries
    *sigh* everyone is going back to college except me.

Best of luck Papaya!!! i've done some of at artsy fartsy courses. they are fun! hope you enjoy them. I'd love to go back and do some more. I'd love to go back and finish Film Studies and Theatre Studies... and i'd love to do English and creative writing.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    guess who starts school on monday???

I registered for two classes today. One starts next monday the other starts next thursday. The funniest part is that the program I've decided to go into is in the liberal arts department so I'll have to take all those arsty fartsy classes I stayed away from my first go around.

hmmm, I wonder if I'm going to be the oldest one there?

I can't wait to buy school supplies....I wonder if I'll need a compass and protractor??
    That's great papaya. I got my masters in English lit at night off and on for almost ten years. I had almost given up. But it was a wonderful experience to still be in school. What are you taking up? I'm sure you got a lot of people with Liberal Arts background right here you can bounce questions off.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Thanks guys! I was waffling between an MBA and Spanish. Spanish won over because I really wanted to start this semester and I haven't taken the GMAT yet.

This semester I'm taking Spanish and Intro to Fiction. Both should be pretty decent, except one of the books for the fiction class is Possession by Byatt. I really really disliked that book!!

Blog Entries
    That's really exciting, Papaya! My classes start on Monday and I'm all nervous. I wish I was done. for now I just make up different ways to say I have three semesters left hoping that one will sound like it will all be over next week. I do enjoy being in school, but I want a job!!! I think work will pay much better than school does

Good luck, Papaya - I'm sure you'll enjoy your studies. Please keep us posted about your progress.

My Welsh class re-starts next week and, oh dear, I haven't done the homework....

OK Netties, how's school going?

Me: I missed my first day of class, chances are good I'm going to miss my second day as well due to work.

Page 1 of 64 1234561151 ... LastLast