Thread: Do B&B really match each other?

Do B&B really match each other?

It seems they quarrel very often before they fall in love with each other.
    So, I wonder if they could get along well after they get married.

What's more, what motivates Benedick to fall in love seems to be that he suddenly learns that Beatrice has fallen in love with him. What if he after the wedding discovers that Beatrice has fallen in love for the same reason?

Well, actually I find their love lack of solid basis. If one loves someone else simply because s/he feels that her/himself is loved, their love does not seem to be a sustainable one.

What do you guys think?

They do find out before the wedding- they read out each other's love letters.

The Germans have a nice expression for it it translates into; you mock that you love...
    If there is no feeling for the other you would not bother to engage the other..

I heard that Charles Edwards (Benedick in Globe theater this season, saw it, loved it) says there is a history between B&B, which made them both (Beatrice in particular) gunshy towards the other.
    Apparently the whol rest of the cast knows this and tricks them into soul-searching, for if the other has folded first...there is really not a reason to withhold the feelings they have themselves

They match better as proud haters than sweatheart lovers. It is evident that they have always loved each other and have an amazing chemistry, and everyone knows it. But their sudden change of attituded amongst each other breaks all the tension between them. I would have been more appealing if they gradually overcame their pride even kept engaging in their verbal battles, like dancing a tango. Nonetheless, their sudden changes of mood against each was crucial for the development of the plot and because it was a comedy and because the story is not about them.