Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Write for Us

I've updated your permissions so you can visit the Writer's Lounge
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Okay, I've updated your two permissions.
    what does that mean??
    And I wont be able to do it until next week anyway, but thanks
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Interested in Writing for You

I'm still looking for writers willing to write content for the site. Payment is possible. Specifically I am looking for book summaries, author biographies, and literary guides (such as a guide to romanticism or something like that).
    I am a literature teacher at a college and am interested in writing for you. Can you contact me via my e-mail and provide further information? I actually use your site for my online classes and teach several authors that you do not currently include.

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Blog Entries
    Last time I checked, I noticed that you didn't have anything on Oliver Goldsmith's Vicar of Wakefield. Could I write a summary on the book and a biography on him...

Thank You
    Last edited by samercury; 03-28-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Katie
    If you're still looking for writers, I'd be interested if the right topic came up... having looked at the dates of previous posts I may be a bit behind the times on this though!
    This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with force.

We're still looking for biographies and summaries and the like.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

I don't know how i can help but if you want to give me something i would really happy to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RusSpencer
    We older writers tend to sometimes dwell on the past, and staying connected is a little harder, since we sometimes become enamoured with the past. Being of the Romantic persuasion, I know that we sometimes form a mentally distorted picture of the past, and things often seem to have been better "back when."
    But the past was better, Russ.

Just kidding, I know what you mean. I try not to dwell too much on the past and stay abreast of what's happening now, but it's not always easy. I used to think certain places I have lived were special. Lately I've come to the conclusion they only seemed special because I was young and adventurous when I lived there. The places could have been anywhere.

Anyway, it's good to hear from a fellow older writer. Your novel looks interesting.

Admin.. hi i looked and saw there is nothing on Marcel proust?
    Just wondered if there is a reason for that and if not then if you would like me to try and look for stuff on him a biographie or something likewise??

I might be able to help, especially with more general topics and to some extent also with German literature. My apologies for being vague. It would be a matter of approaching me with a list of gaps.

behind the sky on the other side of the rain
    Hi! Are you still looking for writers? I'm interested. No need to pay me

I'm more interested in doing (fiction) book summaries and reviews though...I'm not much for doing biographies and reviews on non-fiction.

Do you need my credentials or educational background?

Please let me know...
    "Deep in the fundamental heart of mind and universe...there is a reason."

- Douglas Adams

I might be interested. I'm big into 20th century poetry and lit. I know MLA and APA formats pretty well, and I work in a library so I could do my own research.

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i could write a bit about Jewish American Literature (from immigrant Lit to mainstream), but it's gonna be a one-pager or maybe two pages at most.
    do you need anyone to do that, Admin? right now I don't have all that much time though... so you'd have to wait for a couple of weeks
    I'd do it for free, of course

edit: I could also write about Oscar Wilde *later on*, after I've done some research... so if nobody's doing that yet and you're patient enough to wait a little, I could do that
    Last edited by SleepyWitch; 02-24-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Wordsmith

Re your quest for literary commentary, etc. on this Site.

I'm still looking for writers willing to write content for the site. Payment is possible. Specifically I am looking for book summaries, author biographies, and literary guides (such as a guide to romanticism or something like that).

To Chris Beasley:

This is my first attempt at participating in an online forum. I've been pleased, to say the least, at what I've seen. My pleasure is for what are probably the usual reasons: The presence of readers and writers, the absence of overwhelming scatology, and related sociocultural outlooks and expressions.

Your mention of "content for the site" isn't clear to me. The wish to know more about this topic is the reason for this note (aside from my sincere expression of appreciation). You see, I'm neither a professional reader nor reviewer. I read for the pleasure of it and as time permits. There are some "favorite writers" about whom I'd be happy to communicate with others. In re your particular specifications, I could write some commentary and/or a summary of a book (or story). I could also furnish some assistance as a guide concerning topics in literature. The same holds true for biographical notes.

Please keep in mind that what I can do is something almost anyone (in our assumed demographic group) could do. Since age can bring some wisdom, or at least facts, I could try.

You see, I like to write, but have difficulty outside of the dialog form. (I've long ago given up the reason(s) for this trait.) Since what you wish for is something I could do, perhaps I could give it a try. (Please don't laugh if I'm 'way off base, since the naiveté of my youth has never quite disappeared. I'm not thin-skinned in this way: Didacticism is Out, critical commentary is In.)

The number of my years has, I believe, had the benefit of allowing me to sift knowledge from facts, and to form informed opinions about that which I might profess to know. I like the give-and-take of discussion, albeit in a world like the Internet, where no one knows if you're a dog (as my wife reminded me this morning,), where discipline is, happily, oft replaced by enthusiasm.

Some topics, more or less at random: A writer such as Jorge Luis Borges, who has magically appeared on some many Internet sites. And, where there's Borges, links appear to such apparently disparate persons and sites. One of the more pleasing linkages is that between Borges and the contemporary film documentarian, Chris Marker. Since Borges was who he was, many of us have built little universes of his thoughts.

There might not be much apparent commonality between Borges the contemporary English writer, William Trevor, but for me it's there: The incisive line, the penetrating observation, the sheer magnificently of literary style. To quell your probable incredulity, I'll give you one example that just now popped into my head: Borges can see the profile of Jesus in a man seen for only a moment, boarding a streetcar, allowing him to write about the perhaps-not-accidental nature of this coincidence. Trevor builds whole stories on hesitations and sighs. Both writers seize a moment, apparently mundane, and allow it to wend an unexpected but startlingly forking path.

Etc.

About myself: I'll be 69 years old in July, My wife, my best friend, is from the time of the big bang and the big boom (ca. 1946). I've had careers and professions, but I never thought of them as anything but arbitrary labels: Rather, I'm a learner and, hopefully, a teacher. [Reluctant-to-express facts now expressed: AB & MA from Columbia, Ph.D. (Experimental Psychology, for which I sincerely apologize) from Stanford. Lived in New York City from birth until age 22, then mostly in the San Francisco Bay Area.) We live in a modest cottage right in San Francisco (not as desirable as you might think, but practical at my age). Outdoors-lover, something of a naturalist, probably a flower child born too late to bloom, avid lover and student of music and of film, etc. Truly, just what you'd expect from a man who has an indiscriminate and eccentric for the passion of thought and feeling. (Oh, just remembered, truly: Technical work with computers from 1961 until mid 1990’s.)

Is this sort of what you had in mind? If not, I'll go back to reading. (A true disability, an unremitting severe back pain, limits my physical activities greatly.)

Thanks for reading this note.
    George
    George Wertheim
    [email protected]

I'd be willing to write summaries, literary guides or biographies on anything you need (so long as it's not something the size of "War and Peace" that I've never even read. I'm willing to do some reading, but within reason. I'm a highschool student you know. I have limited time).

Whatever's just fine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast