Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Write A Really Short Story In 50 Words Or Less

Blog Entries
    I lived at the amusement park then. The price of admission was to take a close look at yourself in a dusty mirror. The hearse ride was always popular. People got on it as if they couldn't help themselves.

I really love your short stories , blp. They remind me of some of Bradburys good stories. They have the same feeling , like something living just at the borderline of myths and fairytales.

Now I have to take a look at your other posts. Perhaps you have written poetry as well. To qoute the great one. " This might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
    "Man was made for joy and woe;
    And when this we rightly know
    Through the world we safely go" Blake

15 miles or so north of the city of london
    I remember Bruges in an odoriferous way: the ponies carrying passengers across the city; the waffle houses; the canals lit up at night; the chocolate displayed in open windows. As for taste, all I remember, is your kiss, and the faintest flavour of the finest wine.
    Faith is believing what you know ain't so - Mark Twain

The preachers deal with men of straw, as they are men of straw themselves - Henry David Thoreau

The way to see faith is to shut the eye of reason - Benjamin Franklin

The teaching of the church, theoretically astute, is a lie in practice and a compound of vulgar superstitions and sorcery - Leo Tolstoy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Isagel
    I really love your short stories , blp. They remind me of some of Bradburys good stories. They have the same feeling , like something living just at the borderline of myths and fairytales.

Now I have to take a look at your other posts. Perhaps you have written poetry as well. To qoute the great one. " This might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship"
    Thanks! There's a long poem by me on the second page of personal poetry and it's had no comments, so feedback would be much appreciated.

P.S. I guess you mean Ray Bradbury, not Malcolm. Might go have a look. Haven't read anything by him since Dandelion Wine when I was 12 (a long time ago)
    Last edited by blp; 08-18-2005 at 07:22 AM.

Yes, I meant Ray Bradbury. Haven´t read anything by Malcolm Bradbury.
    "Man was made for joy and woe;
    And when this we rightly know
    Through the world we safely go" Blake

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    Taking a sip from my bottle of water, I gazed at the screen. Her eyes are shining and are deep blue. No I heve to forget her, to take her out of my mind. Oh! How can any one forget his mother although she is dead now.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

Jane tapped her pencil against her lips, she had been sitting over her paper for hours now and still nothing had come out, she was almost in tears with frustration when she looked up at the man standing above her.
    Books are the carriers of civillisation- Henri "Papillon" Charriere

Holly looked at Jonny, she had no idea that this was going to be the last time she would ever see him, she smiled as he opened his lips to speak, "I have something to tell you!"

It has a terrible affect on one's morrale, being dead. It's just no fun. Espescially if one died in the same manner as me. I mean, when you think about it seriously it was a horrible way to die - but on face value, well.... being squashed by a hormonal cow just isn't a cool is it.

(just over 50)
    **I actually knew a woman who died this way!**

Crimefighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Odd
    It has a terrible affect on one's morrale, being dead. It's just no fun. Espescially if one died in the same manner as me. I mean, when you think about it seriously it was a horrible way to die - but on face value, well.... being squashed by a hormonal cow just isn't a cool is it.

(just over 50)
    **I actually knew a woman who died this way!**
    Squashed by a hormonal cow? that really happened? I guess it did. My mini-story did, too:

Richard’s back in town. He’s been in the desert for five years looking for the “Lost Dutchman” mine. Apparently he didn’t find it. I asked how he survived in the desert. He said he survived off the land and ate coyotes. I asked if coyote tasted like chicken. He said it tasted just like dog.

Blog Entries
    She was coming over the hill with a dog on a leash. I noticed with interest that the dog was a plastic one with wheels. In a few months everyone had them. There were plastic dogs on the covers of all the magazines.
    Last edited by blp; 09-22-2005 at 07:10 AM.

Holding my still warm croissant I smile as I sit down on the bench to wait for the bus.
    I imagine how the first bite will taste and as I open my carefully lipsticked mouth the bus comes and I cough and drop the croissant.The day seems dull.

"The comedy of man survives the tragedy of man" G.K.Chesterton
    Last edited by rachel; 09-19-2005 at 12:24 PM. Reason: wanted a different word

loquacious cat mrawr
    Taps her fingers across the poignant café table. Raised her eyes to the poster advertising "Dent's - a real good toothpaste" she spots the reflection, get's up and runs. She spilled the glass.
    Last edited by Chava; 09-19-2005 at 03:53 PM.

I took the small objects in my hand and smiled. I had been trying to get these for so long and now I finally had them. I couldn't have been any happier as I grabbed a glass of water, popped the objects into my mouth and swallowed them down. I was dead before my head even touched the floor.

Sorry just a bit over 50 there! Woops.

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast