Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Write A Really Short Story In 50 Words Or Less

15 miles or so north of the city of london
    Fingers flashed across a face, blood, weeping. Shouts of betrayal, infidelity. We cowered behind a door presumed closed. Cataclysmic insults, ferocious barrage of voices, air flowered with shades of red. Yearning for escape, not total withdrawal, just freedom to disappear when we desired; evaporate into invisibility stretching away, far away from here.
    Faith is believing what you know ain't so - Mark Twain

The preachers deal with men of straw, as they are men of straw themselves - Henry David Thoreau

The way to see faith is to shut the eye of reason - Benjamin Franklin

The teaching of the church, theoretically astute, is a lie in practice and a compound of vulgar superstitions and sorcery - Leo Tolstoy

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WARRIORS: Part 1 of 3

G-Force. A Warrior of Darkness Falls. Manipulator of gravity. Survivor. Drops into a dark alley from 10 stories high. The mugger looks up in shock. Before he can say a word, G-Force focuses and sends him flying back into a brick wall. G-Force. The most ruthless of the three.
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Blog Entries
    WARRIORS: Part 2 of 3

Raptor. Technological master. The ultimate thief. Shapeshifter, thanks to a horrific accident. Bludgeons one bank robber with the butt of his crossbow, incapacitates another with a bolt. Shifts into Raptor form and eliminates three with a tail-sweep. Shifts back, scares the last one unconscious with a hologram. Raptor--wry, but lethal.
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Blog Entries
    WARRIORS: Part 3 of 3

Dragon. Kung fu-trained monk. Wields his battle fan expertly, blocking shotgun blasts with ease. His opponent ducks back into his car, drives straight at the Chinaman. Dragon sweeps his foot under the fender, focuses, launches the car high, slice the engine into scrap metal. Dragon. Peaceful, but mighty.
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Blog Entries

Just a Jealous Guy (or: The Story of the Cheap Peach Wine)

The girl was charming and very pretty. Beautiful even.

Two hours ago she was drinking cheap peach wine out of the bottle and suggesting that we shoot fireworks off the roof of my school. Hard to believe her parents are so religious.

So this is Robert’s new girlfriend. The bastard.

Fifty words even.
    Last edited by cuppajoe_9; 05-14-2006 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    I walked though the yard, splashing in all the puddles as endless rain dripped on my head. "Quack, quack" I said to myself. Was that such an odd thing to say? After all, I am a duck. And yes, ducks like rain.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Blog Entries
    It was just an ordinary day: "I love graveyards, you know"
    "Sure... Why?"
    "They're so peaceful and warm and safe and quiet and nobody's there to tell you what’s right or wrong"
    “My! Look at the time! I really have to leave. Bye”
    “Why do they always do that?”

Why pester someone for... formality hater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was so happy and felt as he was no longer captivated by the vicious life.He tried to feel the pleasnt air and it gave him a jubilant sensation.He was flying and he knew that he could not walk any longer,but he did not care as he was in the skies now-a far better place than the earth.
    Leaping and hopping like a frog now, but still have a long way to go before I get crowned as "King Frog"!

He clutched the precious hundred dollar bill tightly inside his jeans pocket. At last he had earned enough for his dream comic, first edition.Superhero.
    He nearly tripped over the woman and her child sitting on the sidewalk, dull eyes staring.
    He fingered the bill, sighed, bent down beside them.

"You men and your Oedipus complexes!" She huffed. Isn't it about time you looked for a woman that isn't your mother?"

At least I don't have penis envy." He smirked in reply.

She studied him with her coldest eye and spoke calmly, "Well my dear, you ought to have."

Blog Entries
    I laid in bed, sick with the flu. Bored, I stared at the flowered wallpaper. Gradually, I started to see figures and faces amongst the petals. I caught a flash out of the corner of my eye, turned and gaped at a tiny hand emerging out of a bouquet.
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

The cold drips of water , mountain fed, nourished the rich earth below which in turn nurtured one small flower.It was neither big nor beautiful.But the sight of it,white against the black earth made the girl's breath catch in her throat."That is Love" she whispered to herself.

He was black, like paint, she washed out pale, like flour.They stole looks at one another thru shaded eyes.They were torn, remembering what hate they should bear for each other. Then a soft brown came along and held out a hand to each. Such a merry party.

Blog Entries
    Trembling I awoke from a nightmare. I moved my hand to wipe away the tears, and brushed against a small, warm, purring presence pressed to my side. Comforted, I fell back to sleep.
    Douglas Adams

Zippy the Pinhead

oh that made me cry. I have been there and my precious Pretty Boy, a cat we rescued from the man across the street who kicked him always was great comfort to me in those moments. beautiful.