Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Write A Really Short Story In 50 Words Or Less

A month of silence with but few faint crackles of a hopeful reverberation, whether of past or of future, or of the darkened present outside of the temporary blindness, was neither condusive to rest nor to work. I worked all the better, wherein I worked at all, but trying harder to rest, I was often more restless. And then came a shattering sound.

great stuff Mil. Your mind reminds me somehow of Merlin.

One order of piping hot fries,carried carefully by little hands.Thanks given, six people sat on the blanket, sharing, laughing, happy.
    The rich woman watched them from her high terrace, embarrassed by their lack.She got up and haughtily went inside her mansion. Alone again.

Blog Entries
    You wrote a story about class strugle? I like you.
    What is the use of a violent kind of delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting tired of it.
    - Gertrude Stein

A washerwoman with her basket; a rook; a red-hot poker; th purples and grey-greens of flowers: some common feeling which held the whole together.
    - Virginia Woolf

Silence. Dead silence. In a room of fifty people. The cheering had died down a moment ago—the guests noticing the hollow, deadened look on Jasmine's face. They stared at her, waiting. Richard's exuberant smile was fading.

"No, Richard. I won't marry you," she whispered to him. The entire room heard the barely audible words.
    "What is it all but a trouble of ants
    In the gleam of a million million of suns?"

ooh nice lily. gave me shivers.

"Please, don't give me a failing mark, I need to pass. I am the family's only hope"The beautiful girl wept uncontrollably.
    "Then co-operate with me"The sleek well dressed man smirked, a carnal smile playing on his soft weak lips.
    In a nightmare she stumbled away.

Absorbed into a dream, an endless world of changes, coincedences, connections, and familiarity. Like an endless waterfall that changes direction, dreams are indeed like flowing water. Hear the rain.

Blog Entries
    The Dating Game:

The creature puttered, humming tunelessly. Realizing the time, it reached into the closet and grabbed the outfit labeled "attractive young woman" and zipped it up. Hearing the doorbell, it laughed in a thick, bubbly voice. Opening the door, it greeted it's prey sweetly "Hi, c'mon in and have a drink".
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

The dragon's breath reeked of rotting flesh, filth, and fire. A lone knight prepared to meet his demise despite the impossibility of victory. No one can escape the inevitable. Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

Somewhere between the words he had spoken and the words she had heard, there had been a misunderstanding; this surprised him; but it really shouldn't have done. It's merely the price that we all pay every day of our lives for being human beings and not computers. (Sigh.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamonas Chegwe
    Somewhere between the words he had spoken and the words she had heard, there had been a misunderstanding; this surprised him; but it really shouldn't have done. It's merely the price that we all pay every day of our lives for being human beings and not computers. (Sigh.)
    I love it. Fifty words and two semicolons.
    What is the use of a violent kind of delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting tired of it.
    - Gertrude Stein

A washerwoman with her basket; a rook; a red-hot poker; th purples and grey-greens of flowers: some common feeling which held the whole together.
    - Virginia Woolf

KathyCF - Excellent stories; I really enjoyed the creature/blind date story.
    Last edited by Karp; 05-25-2006 at 07:59 AM.

They swarmed him, taunting, shrieking,lust for death in their eyes.He trembled not understanding, just waiting for the bus.Blow after blow they destroyed his body, stopped his mind in a shadowy blood red dance.
    "Whose for take out" one asked as they strolled away, hungry,elated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karp
    KathyCF - Excellent stories; I really enjoyed the creature/blind date story.
    Thank you. Can you tell I am a fan of scary movies?

With great stealth and cunning, the girls sneak out of the car and into the night. Creeping onto a nearby lawn, they catch sight of their quarry. Two plastic pink flamingos in all their gaudy glory are quickly snatched up. Laughing, they make their escape.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

He sent out letters to all the conspirators, tying up loose ends, and binding sense to the whole network of the obscurity. It seemed each conspirator did not see his naive service to the conspiracy, except where one alone used subterfuge to hold the reins and pull them in hard. Protagonist and antagonist see eye to eye, and neither knows how to procede.

And finally, tired beyond belief, he collapsed like a punctured tyre into the armchair. "Next time, I am going to train for more than two weeks!" he puffed, but she was already asleep so he crept outside for a crafty cigarette.