Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Is The Worst Writer Ever?

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    I can understand people not liking dickens (dont agree however) he does have a tendency to be verbose and use 20 words where maybe 2 will suffice (only part of this can be blamed on the magazine style publication). He is however a master of character development and is hilariously funny. One thing I have never understood is people disliking dickens and liking tolkien who rambles just as much if not more than dickens does.

Even if you do dislike him though, worst writer in the world is taking things to the extreme. As an example I detest reading Austen but I wouldnt call her the worst writer ever, I am sure it is relevant to some people (and therefore has merit making it impossible to be worst) just not to me.

I dont know about the worlds worst writer in general, but a scotsman named William McGonagall is generally considered to be the worlds worst poet.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted exile View Post
    a scotsman named William McGonagall is generally considered to be the worlds worst poet.
    hahaa! thanks for that! he's now on the list of authors to be added to the site
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    hahaa! thanks for that! he's now on the list of authors to be added to the site
    Well he was second to only shakespeare in the quality of his verse.......
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

I can understand people not liking dickens (dont agree however) he does have a tendency to be verbose and use 20 words where maybe 2 will suffice (only part of this can be blamed on the magazine style publication). He is however a master of character development and is hilariously funny. One thing I have never understood is people disliking dickens and liking tolkien who rambles just as much if not more than dickens does.
    For me, the fact that the author "rambles" does not matter as much as the reason why he does so. In Tolkien's work, it's a part of style - he tried to create myth, not a novel. In Dickens - it's just innability to express himself better.

I just had to explain this.

But I don't dare to say who is the worst author ever. The number of the book I've read is relatively small, only few thousands, and the number of authors is even smaller...

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiculík View Post
    For me, the fact that the author "rambles" does not matter as much as the reason why he does so. In Tolkien's work, it's a part of style - he tried to create myth, not a novel. In Dickens - it's just innability to express himself better.
    Gonna have to disagree here, Dickens was perfectly able to express himself succinctly (see hard times which is by no means a long novel). Dickens verbosity was a definite part of style, just as much as tolkiens rambling was a part of his. It was Dickens verbosity which allowed him to create his wonderfully real characters.
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

A Guy
    Dickens is okay, Tolkien is better, Hemingway is the worst.
    Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.--Romans 1:7

Please check this out:
    http://vocm.org

The worst writer ever already forgotten.

Ace of Spades
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    The worst writer ever already forgotten.
    And one of their incarnations is John Saul, if some people feel critical about Stephen King, Saul is liable to give one a sheer fit of madness by which mobs will storm their local bookstores with a can of charcoal lighter fluid and have a bonfire C/O the shameful space his books have emptied. No kidding.

No offense intended to anyone whom has recommended the author just once you're more familiar with more works it becomes extremely evident Saul has written himself into a hole in the wall.

If Paris Hilton ever writes a book about her life, I'll have an answer for you then :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stieg View Post
    And one of their incarnations is John Saul, if some people feel critical about Stephen King, Saul is liable to give one a sheer fit of madness by which mobs will storm their local bookstores with a can of charcoal lighter fluid and have a bonfire C/O the shameful space his books have emptied. No kidding.

No offense intended to anyone whom has recommended the author just once you're more familiar with more works it becomes extremely evident Saul has written himself into a hole in the wall.
    I've never read John Saul. But i played a game named Blackstone Chronicles when i was young. It was one of the most scary games i've ever played.

Gonna have to disagree here, Dickens was perfectly able to express himself succinctly (see hard times which is by no means a long novel). Dickens verbosity was a definite part of style, just as much as tolkiens rambling was a part of his. It was Dickens verbosity which allowed him to create his wonderfully real characters.
    Wonderfully real? Seems our view on Dickens couldn't be more opposite.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kandaurov View Post
    If Paris Hilton ever writes a book about her life, I'll have an answer for you then :P
    the sad thing is it would be a best seller! Personally i hope she doesnt write a book because then i'd have to refuse to sell it to customers, with is a bad thing because i'm all about customer service in work.

Cecilia Ahern only got published cause shes the Taoiseachs daughter.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    the sad thing is it would be a best seller! Personally i hope she doesnt write a book because then i'd have to refuse to sell it to customers, with is a bad thing because i'm all about customer service in work.

Cecilia Ahern only got published cause shes the Taoiseachs daughter.
    But you know, I can find an element of pity in my heart for the Paris Hiltons & the Anna Nicole Smiths of this world, who either offer themselves up to or get picked up by the media, after which whatever hope they may have had for a spontaneous, autochthonous life is forever lost.

Effing media! They're almost more of a threat to our liveliness than the Christian right!
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world." Gandhi

Blog Entries
    I think the way the media is these days is a disgrace. But what annoys me more is the fact that people LOVE to read the crap that gets written in the media as if it was gospel! rediculous! you have one minute celebs, practically nobodies, lavishing in the limelight the media ctreates for them and write biographies about themselves like people care!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Hundreds of currently employed journalists.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast