Thread: Can you help me with Uncle Tom's Cabin?

Can you help me with Uncle Tom's Cabin?

Hi, I'm about to write a project based on the novel by Harriet Beecher Stowe - Uncle Tom's Cabin, and I'm looking for some themes in the book to analyse.

For example I have a question about how different characters view the slavery, and how some of them develop throughout the story.

I'm looking for another fact which could be interesting to look at, but I really don't know what... I've thought about religion in the novel, but I'm not sure about what kind of way to look at it at.

Anyone who have some suggestions? - Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this at, if not, where then? Is there a good forum for questions like these?

Thanks.

St Clare

St Clare changed his opinion about slavery during his time with Tom. I think this was caused by three things: 1. Eva positive, god-like influence 2. Miss Ophelia's talks and her change in how she treated Topsy after Eva's death and 3. St Clare close attachment to Tom.

If I was doing something like what you are talking about, I would definately explore this part of the story.