Thread: Night, Part II (Continued)

Night, Part II (Continued)

I have just completed reading up to and including section II of "Night (Continued) --> this is how it is in the text; "Night" is seperated into two different sub-sections.

Question:It appears as if Lebyadkin has a lot of powerful and damning information that can be harmful to the "secret society" to which both Nicholas and "Peter" belong. What is this information? Why does Lebyadkin want to go to (St.) Petersburg? What is in (St.) Petersburg that is so important? Is it really true that if Nicholas reveals to society (and the police) that he is indeed married to "Mary" (The Cripple) that the "Captain" will become desitute?

Question: Is there a section on this site (or is there a place somewhere else on the Internet) that has a synospis as well as other detailed information about this novel? I ask because I looked for the "hard copy" of "Sparknotes" for "Demons" in the local bookstore, and they did not carry one for this specific novel (whereas they did have one for "Les Miserables," which I am also currently reading).[/B]

Lebyadkin knows about society and their plans so he he can blackmail them with police or anything similar. In St Peterburg is center of that movement. Lebyadkin knows that Marya is Stavrogin's wife and he is payed to be quiet. If society finds it out, then there is no need for Stavrogin to pay Lebyadkin because Lebyadkin knows what everybody else also knows.

What do you mean by details?
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM