Thread: What is next for the Party?

What is next for the Party?

According to O'Brien, the Party is conducting experiments in the fields of neurology and psychiatry. They use torture and constant surveillance to keep Party members in line, but what techniques will they use next? What will be in Room 102?

I think that Party would implement a device that can implant thoughts into people's minds while they sleep, as sort of "dream telescreen." I love this book, because it possess not only a huge number of facets that can be analyzed and a meaning extracted from, but also encourages the reader to wonder what will happen next.
    Free your computer. Use Ubuntu Linux!
    Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity. . .
    Check out my blog at: pivault.blogspot.com

While Room 101 works perfect, there is no need for Room 102. What are you afraid more than your greatest fear?
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM

Yep, you can't kill 'em twice.
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

i think the future of the party was technological advance for surveillance and military purposes and futher backward steps for the proles who's only goods for consuming were the floating fortresses they built and munitions which were to be blown up in war,tragic isnt it?

i think the idea of a room 102 is an interesting one and would consider serious thought and fine study of the black book of oligarchical collectivism to gain an insight into what it might be and do justice if possible to what orwell may have thought on the subject.

in the clergymans daughter he forwards the idea of freedom of expression and thought and may well have enjoyed others considering your question.

if only any of us could stand up to his intellect!
    Last edited by lukgem; 11-14-2008 at 08:12 PM.

MulattoMan07
    just as bazarov said what could be more terrifying than your greatest fear.

Bazarov is always right.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.

Not always Bazarov, we have had much correspondence over the word oligarch, and in the end you admitted you may have got the meaning not exactly correct.

It was not an attack of egoism, it was Orwellian allusion. Now I am sure our newbies haven't read Animal Farm

Do you mean that in the middle of the night you sneaked up to the barn with a tin of paint and brush and changed the meaning of the word oligarch to suit the needs of the party, if so that was Bazarov the brilliant!
    In Oceania 99.88% of people were happy. Orwell in his wisdom gave us the perfect system of government. Winston Smith was a paranoid schizophrenic, how could he not be happy in such a Utopian state?

I meant on post #6 in this thread, not on oligarchy. But still, I am glad you did your homework!

P.S. Finally decent signature.

Idle Toerag
    Back to the original thread, the party/thought police has had the ability to implant thoughts in dreams since at least as early as 1977. "We shall meet in the place with no darkness" (sorry not exact quote).

There's no need for any change, as the system is perfect. For example, why would greater weapons be sought, when they can't be used. Eurasia & Eastasia can't be conquered as explained in "the book".

Children Social Class Systems

My question is, like paroles, the inner party, and the outer party, are children grouped together in social classes?

I believe the government in 1984 has reached a perfect balance of fear and control. They clearly can keep the proles in order and, people like Winston can easily be broken (assuming Winston is a strong willed individual). The government really just needs to continue doing whatever they're doing and they might just be able to stay in power forever.