View Poll Results: Could God be the Creator of Evil?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 49.30%
  • No

30 42.25%
  • Not sure

6 8.45%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Did God create evil?

Quote Originally Posted by RG57 View Post
    Personally for me a compassionate God, but again a question like this will a great many answers.

Looking at the Old Testament many will say that God was full of wrath and quick on the vengence. But in the New Testament God appears to have changed, he is loving and compassionate to the point of sacrificing His own Son.

It is easy see why a lot of people are unable to connect both the Old and New Testaments with the same God.

Well Allah actually stated that his compassion has surpassed his wrath. I have read the old Testament, the New Testament and the Quran. The three Holy scriptures are from the same source; Allah. His statments about His oneness, mercy and actions did not change. Allah is constant He does not change. He already comprises All the attributes of perfection. many of them are of Beauty and others are only to warn his worshippers through.

Allah is Pardoning, Forgiving, Concealing, Compassionate, Mercy and Love, and on the other hand he manages to take venegance from those who do wrong.

If this Universe is a kingdom, then He is the king. Just like a kingdom cannot be a kingdom without a King, the universe cannot be a universe without Allah. Just as the Kingdom would fail to be a kingdom with more than one king the universe would fail to be a kingdom with more than one king. The matter is a Kingdom not a kingsdom. A kingdom, with one omnscient Powerful Creator, works right. What we see might be evil in out view point is positively what he sees and finds right in his point of view. It is the mere submission to his will and wish that makes one see the good doings of Allah. Whatever he does is good and is mercy even if it appeared the opposite.

I do testify that I worship The KING. I believe in his presence and I love his actions whatever they are, and however they appear.

Blog Entries
    planet earth - May God always be praised from the heart in all situations of life and I believe that you do!
    Here were we wretched creatures of men making for each other's throats, and outraging the good earth which God had made so fair a habitation [Prester John - John Buchan].

Thank you for your reply.

I know you do believe and I do as well "Al Hamd Lillah", Praised be Him. It was just his constancy in all His attributes that I wanted to assert.

Thanks for the whole subject as well.

Blog Entries
    That's okay, I felt that it was worthy of discussion and it has ben refreshing to read all the views on this subject. I have an open mind on most subjects in life. As you know I am a Christian but have no problems with other faiths, I believe we all have our own path to follow, all men/women can believe and tell others of their faith but none will no the true answer till we have breathed our last in this life.
    Here were we wretched creatures of men making for each other's throats, and outraging the good earth which God had made so fair a habitation [Prester John - John Buchan].

Quote Originally Posted by The Author View Post
    First, I must state that I am not a religious person: that is I do not follow a set of arbitrary rules set down by some organized church. I am not an atheist; I am an agnostic. That means I am a person who claims that I cannot have true knowledge about the existence of God (but I do not deny that God might exist).
    I agree entirely with The Author in his post. I would just add that the good and evil are not like black and white. There is a grey area, that some would consider evil and others wouldn't, depending on the country they were born, the education they had...

Even though I am not religious, I wouldn't like religions to cease to exist. They are good, because some people NEED a set or rules in order to adjust to life in society. Some of the rules that religions create are meant to assure the survival and expansion of the religion (comparing marketing theories to what churches do nowadays would be an interesting exercise), but some are good for those people who lack good judgement. They are also good for those people who are not strong enough to face their own flaws. They can't forgive themselves, and when they find an institution that says that if they repent they will be forgiven, they feel relieved, and find the strengh and the hope to continue. On top of that, it is always comforting to believe that after you die you will be in heaven with a loving and caring God by your side. It is much better than being unsure about what will happen after you die.

Blog Entries
    absurda - obviously as most can tell I am a fairly religious person, there is much in what you say that I agree with. There is also the spiritual side of religion that can't be easily expressed in words without this side the church would be nothing nor the faith that it holds to.
    I like your idea of marketing, some years back I researched into many of the Christian faiths/denominations, it was very interesting and at times scarey! The 'marketing' ranged from far fundamentalism which would scare the life out of people if they stepped out line with the doctrines to the very liberal evangelistc side (who too could use the fire and brimstone feature as well). At the end of the day I found that the established churches such as RC and Anglican etc had the middle ground. Also as aa point of interest it was the middle ground churches that were losing people and the extremes were gaining. I probably have not put this across very vlearly but I hope get wnat I am trying to say.

Blog Entries
    The simple fact is that we are here by our own actions. We used to exist with the Lord in the spiritual world, in full bliss and knowledge. But for whatever reason, we desired to enjoy separate from the Lord, and that is why we were placed in the material universe, which is like a prison. Because of our desires we assumed or took on bodies which are suitable for fulfilling those desires. As we began to enjoy, we began to develop false ego and lose our intelligence and all our knowledge and abilities. After contact with matter for millenia, we forgot our transcendental position. Now we are in the darkness of ignorance- we do not know who we are. We do not know that we are a spirit soul, the eternal parts and parcels of the Lord; we do not know who we are or who the Lord is. We have lost our transcendental bliss and knowledge.

The material universe only makes up 1/4th of all creation, the spiritual worlds make up the other 3/4ths. The Earth is the highest planet of a lower grouping of planets. We are here because our consciousness brought us here, our karma brought us. There are hellish planets, and the entities that live there are suffering for their actions. Eventually they will begin to elevate out until they reach a place like Earth where it is possible to end the cycle by regaining their transcendental position. God created all spiritual and material worlds; but our view is pretty much entirely based on our surroundings. We think everything we do based on the planet we live on, and if we lived on a planet higher or lower we would not have the same views. For instance on a heavenly planet, we would be enjoying so many pleasures, we would think it's so nice, but then, we would actually be harming ourselves in the long run, because it's beginning the forgetfulness, the descent, the fall.

In a word: yes.
    When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent

~ Isaac Asimov

Blog Entries
    I thought you were an atheist, hells.

... not entirely.

When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent

~ Isaac Asimov

With my limited knowledge, I humbly offer my opinion that God didn't create evil. How can a being full of goodness create evil? And isn't it said that "everything He created was good"? (Can't remember the exact verse, but it's in the Book of Genesis.)

So where did evil originate from? I think that it's man's creation and an indirect result of the free will bestowed on us by the Supreme Being. So naturally, I also believe that man is good, being a creation of God. But since man is not perfect like God, he lacks goodness and this lack of goodness results in evil.
    Vanitas vanitatum, dixit Ecclesiastes, vanitas vanitatum, et omnia vanitas.

Yo sé quién soy, y sé que puedo ser no sólo los que he dicho. - Don Quixote

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalmoonshin View Post
    With my limited knowledge, I humbly offer my opinion that God didn't create evil. How can a being full of goodness create evil? And isn't it said that "everything He created was good"? (Can't remember the exact verse, but it's in the Book of Genesis.)

So where did evil originate from? I think that it's man's creation and an indirect result of the free will bestowed on us by the Supreme Being. So naturally, I also believe that man is good, being a creation of God. But since man is not perfect like God, he lacks goodness and this lack of goodness results in evil.
    I think the verse(s) you are thinking off are at the end of each day's creation in the first chapter of Genesis. Whilst I agree with you sentiments concerning God being full of goodness, if man created evil through the sin of disobediance, God is still indirectly the creator of evil because He created man.

spiritus ubi vult spirat weltanschauung's Avatar
    "i can do no evil for i do not know what it is."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGAjMg9vw
    quite simple, actually.

This question can not be answered. But I think evil or the devil, the embodiment of evil is not far from God for the entire cosmos is the manifestation of God and by virtue of the fact that the devil or evil is also here how can it or he or she be away.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Hi there, and God Bless Everyone.

I'm christian but also have no problems with others of different faiths. As to the original posters question "Did God create Evil" .... If God say's He created evil, then God created evil. We are given a choice/freewill to pick either way good or evil. If we pick the latter God will punish us with evil. God created everything including satan, demons, the serpent, the beast and HELL. All created by Gods hands.

There are many many parts of the bible that clearly shows God bringing evil because of people and their sins who provoke God to jealously then to anger then wrapth of evil upon the people.

Exod.32

[7] And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:
    [8] They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
    [9] And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
    [10] Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
    [11] And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
    [12] Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
    [13] Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
    [14] And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Deut.7

[15] And the LORD will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee.

Deut.29

14] Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
    [15] But with him that standeth here with us this day before the LORD our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day:
    [16] (For ye know how we have dwelt in the land of Egypt; and how we came through the nations which ye passed by;
    [17] And ye have seen their abominations, and their idols, wood and stone, silver and gold, which were among them
    [18] Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the LORD our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;
    [19] And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
    [20] The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven.
    [21] And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law:
    [22] So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the LORD hath laid upon it;
    [23] And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath:
    [24] Even all nations shall say, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this land? what meaneth the heat of this great anger?
    [25] Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
    [26] For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:
    [27] And the anger of the LORD was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book:
    [28] And the LORD rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.
    [29] The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Deut.30

[15] See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Deut.31

[16] And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
    [17] Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day. Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?
    [18] And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.
    [19] Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.

Josh.23

[15] Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.

Judg.9

[23] Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

1Sam.16

[14] But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
    [15] And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.

2Sam.12

11] Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

2 Sam.24

16] And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

1Kgs.9

[1] And it came to pass, when Solomon had finished the building of the house of the LORD, and the king's house, and all Solomon's desire which he was pleased to do,
    [2] That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.
    [3] And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
    [4] And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:
    [5] Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.
    [6] But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:
    [7] Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people:
    [8] And at this house, which is high, every one that passeth by it shall be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and to this house?
    [9] And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

1Kgs.14

[10] Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone.

1Kgs.21

[29] Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son's days will I bring the evil upon his house.

2 Kngs.21

12] Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle.

2 Kgs.22

[16] Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:
    [17] Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.
    [18] But to the king of Judah which sent you to inquire of the LORD, thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;
    [19] Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the LORD, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the LORD.
    [20] Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place. And they brought the king word again.

1 Chr.21

[15] And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

2 Chr.7

12] And the LORD appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.
    [13] If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
    [14] If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
    [15] Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is made in this place.
    [16] For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually.
    [17] And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all that I have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statues and my judgments;
    [18] Then will I stablish the throne of thy kingdom, according as I have covenanted with David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man to be ruler in Israel.
    [19] But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
    [20] Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.
    [21] And this house, which is high, shall be an astonishment to every one that passeth by it; so that he shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this land, and unto this house?
    [22] And it shall be answered, Because they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, and laid hold on other gods, and worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath he brought all this evil upon them.

Job.2

[10] But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

Job.42

[11] Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

Prov.16

4] The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Isa.45

[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Amen.

Nations who walk away from Gods commands will recieve a horrible punishment from the Almighty, a punishment filled to the brim with evil.
    Isa.45
    [7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    4Ezra.15
    [1] Behold, speak thou in the ears of my people the words of prophecy, which I will put in thy mouth, saith the Lord:
    [2] And cause them to be written in paper: for they are faithful and true.
    [3] Fear not the imaginations against thee, let not the incredulity of them trouble thee, that speak against thee.
    [4] For all the unfaithful shall die in their unfaithfulness.
    [5] Behold, saith the Lord, I will bring plagues upon the world; the sword, famine, death, and destruction.
    [6] For wickedness hath exceedingly polluted the whole earth, and their hurtful works are fulfilled.
    [7] Therefore saith the Lord,
    [8] I will hold my tongue no more as touching their wickedness, which they profanely commit, neither will I suffer them in those things, in which they wickedly exercise themselves: behold, the innocent and righteous blood crieth unto me, and the souls of the just complain continually.
    [9] And therefore, saith the Lord, I will surely avenge them, and receive unto me all the innocent blood from among them.
    [10] Behold, my people is led as a flock to the slaughter: I will not suffer them now to dwell in the land of Egypt:
    [11] But I will bring them with a mighty hand and a stretched out arm, and smite Egypt with plagues, as before, and will destroy all the land thereof.
    [12] Egypt shall mourn, and the foundation of it shall be smitten with the plague and punishment that God shall bring upon it.
    [13] They that till the ground shall mourn: for their seeds shall fail through the blasting and hail, and with a fearful constellation.
    [14] Woe to the world and them that dwell therein!
    [15] For the sword and their destruction draweth nigh, and one people shall stand up and fight against another, and swords in their hands.
    [16] For there shall be sedition among men, and invading one another; they shall not regard their kings nor princes, and the course of their actions shall stand in their power.
    [17] A man shall desire to go into a city, and shall not be able.
    [18] For because of their pride the cities shall be troubled, the houses shall be destroyed, and men shall be afraid.
    [19] A man shall have no pity upon his neighbour, but shall destroy their houses with the sword, and spoil their goods, because of the lack of bread, and for great tribulation.
    [20] Behold, saith God, I will call together all the kings of the earth to reverence me, which are from the rising of the sun, from the south, from the east, and Libanus; to turn themselves one against another, and repay the things that they have done to them.
    [21] Like as they do yet this day unto my chosen, so will I do also, and recompense in their bosom. Thus saith the Lord God;
    [22] My right hand shall not spare the sinners, and my sword shall not cease over them that shed innocent blood upon the earth.
    [23] The fire is gone forth from his wrath, and hath consumed the foundations of the earth, and the sinners, like the straw that is kindled.
    [24] Woe to them that sin, and keep not my commandments! saith the Lord.
    [25] I will not spare them: go your way, ye children, from the power, defile not my sanctuary.
    [26] For the Lord knoweth all them that sin against him, and therefore delivereth he them unto death and destruction.
    [27] For now are the plagues come upon the whole earth and ye shall remain in them: for God shall not deliver you, because ye have sinned against him.
    [28] Behold an horrible vision, and the appearance thereof from the east:
    [29] Where the nations of the dragons of Arabia shall come out with many chariots, and the multitude of them shall be carried as the wind upon earth, that all they which hear them may fear and tremble.
    [30] Also the Carmanians raging in wrath shall go forth as the wild boars of the wood, and with great power shall they come, and join battle with them, and shall waste a portion of the land of the Assyrians.
    [31] And then shall the dragons have the upper hand, remembering their nature; and if they shall turn themselves, conspiring together in great power to persecute them,
    [32] Then these shall be troubled bled, and keep silence through their power, and shall flee.
    [33] And from the land of the Assyrians shall the enemy besiege them, and consume some of them, and in their host shall be fear and dread, and strife among their kings.
    [34] Behold clouds from the east and from the north unto the south, and they are very horrible to look upon, full of wrath and storm.
    [35] They shall smite one upon another, and they shall smite down a great multitude of stars upon the earth, even their own star; and blood shall be from the sword unto the belly,
    [36] And dung of men unto the camel’s hough.
    [37] And there shall be great fearfulness and trembling upon earth: and they that see the wrath shall be afraid, and trembling shall come upon them.
    [38] And then shall there come great storms from the south, and from the north, and another part from the west.
    [39] And strong winds shall arise from the east, and shall open it; and the cloud which he raised up in wrath, and the star stirred to cause fear toward the east and west wind, shall be destroyed.
    [40] The great and mighty clouds shall be puffed up full of wrath, and the star, that they may make all the earth afraid, and them that dwell therein; and they shall pour out over every high and eminent place an horrible star,
    [41] Fire, and hail, and flying swords, and many waters, that all fields may be full, and all rivers, with the abundance of great waters.
    [42] And they shall break down the cities and walls, mountains and hills, trees of the wood, and grass of the meadows, and their corn.
    [43] And they shall go stedfastly unto Babylon, and make her afraid.
    [44] They shall come to her, and besiege her, the star and all wrath shall they pour out upon her: then shall the dust and smoke go up unto the heaven, and all they that be about her shall bewail her.
    [45] And they that remain under her shall do service unto them that have put her in fear.
    [46] And thou, Asia, that art partaker of the hope of Babylon, and art the glory of her person:
    [47] Woe be unto thee, thou wretch, because thou hast made thyself like unto her; and hast decked thy daughters in whoredom, that they might please and glory in thy lovers, which have always desired to commit whoredom with thee.
    [48] Thou hast followed her that is hated in all her works and inventions: therefore saith God,
    [49] I will send plagues upon thee; widowhood, poverty, famine, sword, and pestilence, to waste thy houses with destruction and death.
    [50] And the glory of thy Power shall be dried up as a flower, the heat shall arise that is sent over thee.
    [51] Thou shalt be weakened as a poor woman with stripes, and as one chastised with wounds, so that the mighty and lovers shall not be able to receive thee.
    [52] Would I with jealousy have so proceeded against thee, saith the Lord,
    [53] If thou hadst not always slain my chosen, exalting the stroke of thine hands, and saying over their dead, when thou wast drunken,
    [54] Set forth the beauty of thy countenance?
    [55] The reward of thy whoredom shall be in thy bosom, therefore shalt thou receive recompence.
    [56] Like as thou hast done unto my chosen, saith the Lord, even so shall God do unto thee, and shall deliver thee into mischief
    [57] Thy children shall die of hunger, and thou shalt fall through the sword: thy cities shall be broken down, and all thine shall perish with the sword in the field.
    [58] They that be in the mountains shall die of hunger, and eat their own flesh, and drink their own blood, for very hunger of bread, and thirst of water.
    [59] Thou as unhappy shalt come through the sea, and receive plagues again.
    [60] And in the passage they shall rush on the idle city, and shall destroy some portion of thy land, and consume part of thy glory, and shall return to Babylon that was destroyed.
    [61] And thou shalt be cast down by them as stubble, and they shall be unto thee as fire;
    [62] And shall consume thee, and thy cities, thy land, and thy mountains; all thy woods and thy fruitful trees shall they burn up with fire.
    [63] Thy children shall they carry away captive, and, look, what thou hast, they shall spoil it, and mar the beauty of thy face.
    4Ezra.16
    [1] Woe be unto thee, Babylon, and Asia! woe be unto thee, Egypt and Syria!
    [2] Gird up yourselves with cloths of sack and hair, bewail your children, and be sorry; for your destruction is at hand.
    [3] A sword is sent upon you, and who may turn it back?
    [4] A fire is sent among you, and who may quench it?
    [5] Plagues are sent unto you, and what is he that may drive them away?
    [6] May any man drive away an hungry lion in the wood? or may any one quench the fire in stubble, when it hath begun to burn?
    [7] May one turn again the arrow that is shot of a strong archer?
    [8] The mighty Lord sendeth the plagues and who is he that can drive them away?
    [9] A fire shall go forth from his wrath, and who is he that may quench it?
    [10] He shall cast lightnings, and who shall not fear? he shall thunder, and who shall not be afraid?
    [11] The Lord shall threaten, and who shall not be utterly beaten to powder at his presence?
    [12] The earth quaketh, and the foundations thereof; the sea ariseth up with waves from the deep, and the waves of it are troubled, and the fishes thereof also, before the Lord, and before the glory of his power:
    [13] For strong is his right hand that bendeth the bow, his arrows that he shooteth are sharp, and shall not miss, when they begin to be shot into the ends of the world.
    [14] Behold, the plagues are sent, and shall not return again, until they come upon the earth.
    [15] The fire is kindled, and shall not be put out, till it consume the foundation of the earth.
    [16] Like as an arrow which is shot of a mighty archer returneth not backward: even so the plagues that shall be sent upon earth shall not return again.
    [17] Woe is me! woe is me! who will deliver me in those days?
    [18] The beginning of sorrows and great mournings; the beginning of famine and great death; the beginning of wars, and the powers shall stand in fear; the beginning of evils! what shall I do when these evils shall come?
    [19] Behold, famine and plague, tribulation and anguish, are sent as scourges for amendment.
    [20] But for all these things they shall not turn from their wickedness, nor be always mindful of the scourges.
    [21] Behold, victuals shall be so good cheap upon earth, that they shall think themselves to be in good case, and even then shall evils grow upon earth, sword, famine, and great confusion.
    [22] For many of them that dwell upon earth shall perish of famine; and the other, that escape the hunger, shall the sword destroy.
    [23] And the dead shall be cast out as dung, and there shall be no man to comfort them: for the earth shall be wasted, and the cities shall be cast down.
    [24] There shall be no man left to till the earth, and to sow it
    [25] The trees shall give fruit, and who shall gather them?
    [26] The grapes shall ripen, and who shall tread them? for all places shall be desolate of men:
    [27] So that one man shall desire to see another, and to hear his voice.
    [28] For of a city there shall be ten left, and two of the field, which shall hide themselves in the thick groves, and in the clefts of the rocks.
    [29] As in an orchard of Olives upon every tree there are left three or four olives;
    [30] Or as when a vineyard is gathered, there are left some clusters of them that diligently seek through the vineyard:
    [31] Even so in those days there shall be three or four left by them that search their houses with the sword.
    [32] And the earth shall be laid waste, and the fields thereof shall wax old, and her ways and all her paths shall grow full of thorns, because no man shall travel therethrough.
    [33] The virgins shall mourn, having no bridegrooms; the women shall mourn, having no husbands; their daughters shall mourn, having no helpers.
    [34] In the wars shall their bridegrooms be destroyed, and their husbands shall perish of famine.
    [35] Hear now these things and understand them, ye servants of the Lord.
    [36] Behold, the word of the Lord, receive it: believe not the gods of whom the Lord spake.
    [37] Behold, the plagues draw nigh, and are not slack.
    [38] As when a woman with child in the ninth month bringeth forth her son, with two or three hours of her birth great pains compass her womb, which pains, when the child cometh forth, they slack not a moment:
    [39] Even so shall not the plagues be slack to come upon the earth, and the world shall mourn, and sorrows shall come upon it on every side.
    [40] O my people, hear my word: make you ready to thy battle, and in those evils be even as pilgrims upon the earth.
    [41] He that selleth, let him be as he that fleeth away: and he that buyeth, as one that will lose:
    [42] He that occupieth merchandise, as he that hath no profit by it: and he that buildeth, as he that shall not dwell therein:
    [43] He that soweth, as if he should not reap: so also he that planteth the vineyard, as he that shall not gather the grapes:
    [44] They that marry, as they that shall get no children; and they that marry not, as the widowers.
    [45] And therefore they that labour labour in vain:
    [46] For strangers shall reap their fruits, and spoil their goods, overthrow their houses, and take their children captives, for in captivity and famine shall they get children.
    [47] And they that occupy their merchandise with robbery, the more they deck their cities, their houses, their possessions, and their own persons:
    [48] The more will I be angry with them for their sin, saith the Lord.
    [49] Like as a whore envieth a right honest and virtuous woman:
    [50] So shall righteousness hate iniquity, when she decketh herself, and shall accuse her to her face, when he cometh that shall defend him that diligently searcheth out every sin upon earth.
    [51] And therefore be ye not like thereunto, nor to the works thereof.
    [52] For yet a little, and iniquity shall be taken away out of the earth, and righteousness shall reign among you.
    [53] Let not the sinner say that he hath not sinned: for God shall burn coals of fire upon his head, which saith before the Lord God and his glory, I have not sinned.
    [54] Behold, the Lord knoweth all the works of men, their imaginations, their thoughts, and their hearts:
    [55] Which spake but the word, Let the earth be made; and it was made: Let the heaven be made; and it was created.
    [56] In his word were the stars made, and he knoweth the number of them.
    [57] He searcheth the deep, and the treasures thereof; he hath measured the sea, and what it containeth.
    [58] He hath shut the sea in the midst of the waters, and with his word hath he hanged the earth upon the waters.
    [59] He spreadeth out the heavens like a vault; upon the waters hath he founded it.
    [60] In the desert hath he made springs of water, and pools upon the tops of the mountains, that the floods might pour down from the high rocks to water the earth.
    [61] He made man, and put his heart in the midst of the body, and gave him breath, life, and understanding.
    [62] Yea and the Spirit of Almighty God, which made all things, and searcheth out all hidden things in the secrets of the earth,
    [63] Surely he knoweth your inventions, and what ye think in your hearts, even them that sin, and would hide their sin.
    [64] Therefore hath the Lord exactly searched out all your works, and he will put you all to shame.
    [65] And when your sins are brought forth, ye shall be ashamed before men, and your own sins shall be your accusers in that day.
    [66] What will ye do? or how will ye hide your sins before God and his angels?
    [67] Behold, God himself is the judge, fear him: leave off from your sins, and forget your iniquities, to meddle no more with them for ever: so shall God lead you forth, and deliver you from all trouble.
    [68] For, behold, the burning wrath of a great multitude is kindled over you, and they shall take away certain of you, and feed you, being idle, with things offered unto idols.
    [69] And they that consent unto them shall be had in derision and in reproach, and trodden under foot.
    [70] For there shall be in every place, and in the next cities, a great insurrection upon those that fear the Lord.
    [71] They shall be like mad men, sparing none, but still spoiling and destroying those that fear the Lord.
    [72] For they shall waste and take away their goods, and cast them out of their houses.
    [73] Then shall they be known, who are my chosen; and they shall be tried as the gold in the fire.
    [74] Hear, O ye my beloved, saith the Lord: behold, the days of trouble are at hand, but I will deliver you from the same.
    [75] Be ye not afraid neither doubt; for God is your guide,
    [76] And the guide of them who keep my commandments and precepts, saith the Lord God: let not your sins weigh you down, and let not your iniquities lift up themselves.
    [77] Woe be unto them that are bound with their sins, and covered with their iniquities like as a field is covered over with bushes, and the path thereof covered with thorns, that no man may travel through!
    [78] It is left undressed, and is cast into the fire to be consumed therewith.
    The Word of The Lord.
    Yes!! God creates evil.
    In Jesus Name Thy Will Be Done, Amen and Amen.

Leviticus.26

[13] I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.
    [14] But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;
    [15] And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:
    [16] I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
    [17] And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.
    [18] And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
    [19] And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:
    [20] And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.
    [21] And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.
    [22] I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your highways shall be desolate.
    [23] And if ye will not be reformed by me by these things, but will walk contrary unto me;
    [24] Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.
    25] And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.
    [26] And when I have broken the staff of your bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall deliver you your bread again by weight: and ye shall eat, and not be satisfied.
    [27] And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;
    [28] Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
    [29] And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.
    [30] And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
    [31] And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.
    [32] And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.
    [33] And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
    [34] Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.
    [35] As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it.
    [36] And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth.
    [37] And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
    [38] And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.
    [39] And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.
    [40] If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
    [41] And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
    [42] Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
    [43] The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.

The word of the Lord

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast