Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you love God , should you hate who doesn't love Him ?

Caddy smells like trees caddy_caddy's Avatar

If you love God , should you hate who doesn't love Him ?

I'm sure I love God faithfully , yet I don't hate those who doesn't love Him .
    That makes me doubt my love because it seems contradictory to me .
    If I feel that someone doesn't love my kids , my natural feeling towards him become sth of repulsiveness if not hatred .It's a natural outcome of my love to my kids .
    I think it's the essential problem we face with each others : Hatred out of love .
    How do you deal with such a problem ?

Blog Entries
    I really don't follow your logic. Are people so polarised in their emotions that a neutral response would engender hatred?

What you are talking about is intolerance - you don't love what I love and so I hate you.

I don't get the kids analogy either. If someone hated my kids - that is wished them harm - then I would defend them. Dislike I can put up with. Neutrality is ok. Love is better.

In the modern city we actually conduct most of our lives with unknown people for whom we feel neutral. I can't see anything wrong with this.

As for your God, I think by adopting that attitude you are engendering a dangerous intolerance.
    Last edited by Paulclem; 11-23-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    if someone doesn't love God, or my kids, I would be wrong to make it my problem by hating them - a response that cannot possibly incite love in return - what service do you do God by harbouring hatred and ultimately spreading hate?
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Bonafide...Savage. Neo_Sephiroth's Avatar
    Nah. Love all and it's all good. If someone didn't love my kids, I wouldn't hate them just for that.
    "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums. Christ changes men, who then changes their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." ~ Ezra Taft Benson

I really don't follow your logic. Are people so polarised in their emotions that a neutral response would engender hatred?
    I think most people are polarized
    What you are talking about is intolerance - you don't love what I love and so I hate you.

I don't get the kids analogy either. If someone hated my kids - that is wished them harm - then I would defend them. Dislike I can put up with. Neutrality is ok. Love is better.
    It's the mere feeling not taking any action .

In the modern city we actually conduct most of our lives with unknown people for whom we feel neutral. I can't see anything wrong with this.
    Neither me but I think it needs effort.

As for your God, I think by adopting that attitude you are engendering a dangerous intolerance
    This is me who wants to explore this feeling . I like to go deep in the dark places of our psyche although it's very dangerous . As for my God he told me that Satan is your real enemy so hate him .

if someone doesn't love God, or my kids, I would be wrong to make it my problem by hating them -
    so you use your ethical system by saying " hatred is wrong ".

a response that cannot possibly incite love in return - what service do you do God by harbouring hatred and ultimately spreading hate?
    i'm not harbouring anything . Hatred exists , it's a fact in our life .

Nah. Love all and it's all good. If someone didn't love my kids, I wouldn't hate them just for that.
    That's fair .

You came up with wonderful ideas, Caddy. I never hate or cannot hate those who do not love gods and why should I hate after all? They have their Gods and they may love their Gods and maybe they are neutral or indifferent to my God and I can be indifferent to their Gods.

I always love forgiving and this is a great principle no matter which religions teach it. I have no hatred for other religions followers and though they maybe other religions followers but that are skin deep and inside them flows the same blood and the same sense of humanity.

You really gave a good example Caddy.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caddy_caddy View Post
    This is me who wants to explore this feeling . I like to go deep in the dark places of our psyche although it's very dangerous . As for my God he told me that Satan is your real enemy so hate him .
    Understanding is a good thing. I don't think encouraging hatred is a good thing. Emotions are controlling and the more you rehearse an emotion, the easier it is to become it.

Blog Entries
    My God is Jehovah, so He is not the same god that you serve, if you are muslim. This is not the doctrine that Christians are taught, nor is it that which I believe. Is this taught in the islamic religion?
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    My God is Jehovah, so He is not the same god that you serve, if you are muslim. This is not the doctrine that Christians are taught, nor is it that which I believe. Is this taught in the islamic religion?
    Actually

Matthew 12:30

Jesus is reported to have said "He who is not with me is against me"

Blog Entries
    Islam is an Abrahamic religion, of course it's the same god...

And of course it's not taught in Christian doctrine because Christianity predates Islam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip View Post
    Islam is an Abrahamic religion, of course it's the same god...

And of course it's not taught in Christian doctrine because Christianity predates Islam.
    I'm sorry, the doctrines from the Bible and the Koran are too much in opposition. If you do not understand the difference between Jehovah and allah, then please don't try to tell me what you think that you understand. Furthermore, I was trying to say that the concept of "hating those who did not love" your God, is not taught in the Bible. If that is taught in the Koran (which I cannot comment on since I do not know the Koran as well), then that is another reason to say that Jehovah is not like allah.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    Actually

Matthew 12:30

Jesus is reported to have said "He who is not with me is against me"

Jesus is teaching here that one cannot be lukewarm or neutral. This does not teach that anyone should hate the individual that is not with Christ.

Romans 12:17-18, "Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men."
    Les Miserables,
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, the doctrines from the Bible and the Koran are too much in opposition. If you do not understand the difference between Jehovah and allah, then please don't try to tell me what you think that you understand. Furthermore, I was trying to say that the concept of "hating those who did not love" your God, is not taught in the Bible. If that is taught in the Koran (which I cannot comment on since I do not know the Koran as well), then that is another reason to say that Jehovah is not like allah.
    Allah is merely the Arabic word for God, it is used by Arabic speaking Christians and Jews as well.

The religions are both Abrahamic, and thus are referring to the same God who revealed himself to the Hebrews. Whether you want to nitpick about whether their understanding of your imaginary friend is as accurate as your own is just an attempt to gloss over the fact that the religions have common origins.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caddy_caddy View Post
    I'm sure I love God faithfully , yet I don't hate those who doesn't love Him .
    Whether its God or some favorite idea or a cherished goal, there will always be people who will not agree with that God, who will denounce that idea, or who will stand in the way of that goal.

These people are a perfect opportunity to learn patience.

Hatred and anger are the opposite of patience. I suspect that learning patience ultimately means that we do not even have angry thoughts about them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip View Post
    Allah is merely the Arabic word for God, it is used by Arabic speaking Christians and Jews as well.

The religions are both Abrahamic, and thus are referring to the same God who revealed himself to the Hebrews. Whether you want to nitpick about whether their understanding of your imaginary friend is as accurate as your own is just an attempt to gloss over the fact that the religions have common origins.
    There is NOT common origins. The God of Abraham appeared to him about 2000 BC, while Mohamed did not write down his concepts of islam until after AD 600. The doctrine of islam denies any concept of a trinity, therefore the God of Abraham (Elohim as it is referred in Genesis 1:1) cannot be the god that islam worships. Elohim is a plural reference of the Hebrew 'el' which is god. These concepts are completely incompatible. And since the religions developed over 2,600 years apart, it is unlikely that they have anything to do with each other.
    Les Miserables,

I knew I'm opening the gate of hell on me but I don't care .
    Sorry I can't reply now .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast