Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post a picture of your desktop here!

Blog Entries
    Last edited by 1n50mn14; 11-25-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Blog Entries
    I have Vista now, too. I will have to figure out how to do this. I have been changing my desktop recently every couple of days, I never did that before, but I can't seem to find an image that truly satisfies me - anyone know where I can hunt for free wallpapers? I just can't seem to like anything as well, as the first one I had, which actually came with Vista - which was medium blue, a sort of calm tropical sea and long walkway/dock stretching away from me, with lights at it's base. Last night I changed to a scene from Villa Vignamaggio, which is where Kenneth Branagh filmed his movie "Much Ado About Nothing". It looks pretty cool, but I don't really like the way the shortcuts show up on the left side over the green grass; I am a bit picky about this kind of thing. I will have to figure out how to do this to copy the screen.

I think I liked best so far the scene of Paris. That is just amazing and it is relaxing being in tones of blue. I kind of like the more expansive types such as vistas like that one. I have so much actual clutter in my room, I need calm and simplicity on the screen.

Petrarch, I have the same things on my sidebar usually - the round clock, the slideshow, and the notepad, sometimes I add the weather, too. As they say "Brilliant minds think alike"... haha
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Lily Adams; 12-14-2008 at 04:14 AM.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I have Vista now, too. I will have to figure out how to do this. I have been changing my desktop recently every couple of days, I never did that before, but I can't seem to find an image that truly satisfies me - anyone know where I can hunt for free wallpapers? I just can't seem to like anything as well, as the first one I had, which actually came with Vista - which was medium blue, a sort of calm tropical sea and long walkway/dock stretching away from me, with lights at it's base. Last night I changed to a scene from Villa Vignamaggio, which is where Kenneth Branagh filmed his movie "Much Ado About Nothing". It looks pretty cool, but I don't really like the way the shortcuts show up on the left side over the green grass; I am a bit picky about this kind of thing. I will have to figure out how to do this to copy the screen.

I think I liked best so far the scene of Paris. That is just amazing and it is relaxing being in tones of blue. I kind of like the more expansive types such as vistas like that one. I have so much actual clutter in my room, I need calm and simplicity on the screen.

Petrarch, I have the same things on my sidebar usually - the round clock, the slideshow, and the notepad, sometimes I add the weather, too. As they say "Brilliant minds think alike"... haha
    Janine,

1.Go to the Google box in the top left hand corner of your screen.

2. Click on the little black arrowhead INSIDE the box.

3. From the drop down menu select IMAGES

4. Type in your subject choice e.g. Paris or Cats or whatever.

5. Click on Go.

6. A huge selection of pictures will come up.

7. Left click to choose one, right click and choose SET AS BACKGROUND.

8. You will be asked if you want to change your existing wallpaper.

9. If you do, click Yes.

Blog Entries

Yes.

A bit pixely, but YES.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

spiritus ubi vult spirat weltanschauung's Avatar

Crikey, it's easy to spot the workers in here!

Here's a working desktop:

Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

No Linux users? Blasphemy!

My desktop is attached:
    com-pas-sion (n.) [ME. & OFr. <LL. (Ec.) compassio, sympathy < compassus, pp. of compati, to feel pity < L. com-, together + pali, to suffer] sorrow for the sufferings or trouble of another or others, accompanied by an urge to help; deep sympathy; pity

Dostoevsky Forum!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mine changes at least once each day, so you never know what it is going to be Sharing would be a bit silly since they are all a reflection of me, but I doubt anyone wants to see a new screen here every time I change it. I counted one day, and I changed my background 6 time in an 8 hour period

Blog Entries

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Lightbulb

My laptop. As you see I still go for "clean" desktops:

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

A FLEECED MONSTROSITY aBIGsheep's Avatar
    Those are some pretty sick desktops.

Last edited by aBIGsheep; 01-04-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    The worst feeling in the world isn't loneliness, it's being forgotten by someone you can't forget.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123