Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: diagnosis and remedies please

diagnosis and remedies please

A couple days ago I noticed 3-4 splotchs on my arm. The splotchs range from about the size of a dime to a quarter, They're itchy and have little bumps. For the past week I've been wandering around an overgrown field today a contractor mentioned the poison ivy in that field so it's a good possibility it's poison ivy. How do I get rid of it and keep the itching down?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    sounds like you have hives causes by an allergic reaction to something or where eaten alive by some kind of bug. Best bet is to go to the pharmacy and get your self a course of antihistamines, plus an allergy cream and or calamine lotion.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    sounds like you have hives causes by an allergic reaction to something or where eaten alive by some kind of bug. Best bet is to go to the pharmacy and get your self a course of antihistamines, plus an allergy cream and or calamine lotion.
    Well, I was standing on an ant hill in said field (until someone told me)..I was hoping to avoid the pharmacy/dr route. Somebody HAS to have a home remdy???

I just put anti itch cream on and it's making it more itchy.

Blog Entries
    by going to a dermatologist maybe???don't do things on your own!!!you can never be 100% sure!
    love is like a flower; it needs warmth and light as well as some space and care in order to grow. if you take care of it it grows and blossoms and you can taste its scent and touch its velvet surface and look at its bright colours. if you don't, it dies. and of course a flower has no meaning either if you don't give it to someone or have it growing next to another one. flowers are delicate. and so is love.

Quote Originally Posted by maraki16 View Post
    by going to a dermatologist maybe???don't do things on your own!!!you can never be 100% sure!
    If it was a larger area or it started getting worse I would go to the Dr. but it just seems like a minor irritation.

Blog Entries
    Calamine lotion.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Primrose oil? I know my family used it on my sister when she had hives from insects its also helped control the exma and minamise the scars, only DONT put it on the itchy skin put it somewhere else like your tummy ( I dont know how or why it works it just does!)
    Then there is the old cornflour paste remedy, now I found some info on it from a home remedies site I know its mostly for chicken pox but hey itchy is itchy right?
    There are also some remedies that you can follow for relief and to help cure the disease faster. Adding a cup each of rosewater and organic vinegar to bathwater will help to take care of the itching that accompanies chicken pox boils. This will also prevent fever, which can sometimes add to the discomfort caused due to the disease. Before bathing, you can also make a paste of simple cornstarch or corn flour and water with a pinch of baking soda added to it and apply this to the body. Let it remain for about 10 minutes before bathing. This will provide relief from the itching. Aloe vera gel will also help with healing topically. Applying it to the boils will take care of the problem. If you can find it fresh, it is better than using a store brought and commercially made one. For relief from itching, calamine lotion is also a good solution.
    Umm then again skin sores should really be seen by a professional blah blah blah

Hope you get over the itchiness soon papaya!
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Listen, I know I recommend this for everything, but lye soap really is the best thing for poison ivy. It dries it right up and stops the itching often after just one shower. My best friend’s husband is very allergic to poison ivy and used to have to go to the doctor for steroid shots but now he just uses the lye soap. I think that lye soap is good for a lot of things, but the thing it is best for is poison ivy. What every you do you should do something quickly. If you scratch those spots and then use the bathroom and accidentally touch a finger to your business you’ll suffer big time! Or you could scratch and then rub your eye without thinking- also bad.