Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The link between man & god is FAITH.

Faith is a bridge or map to God from the mundane.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

I do not completely concur with this statement "The link between man and god is faith." If the statement is reconstructed as "The MAIN link" then I would support. The idea is that faith is not the only link between man and god. Jesus Himself can also be the link between man and God as God said Jesus is the gift He sends to allow us mankind be with God. It is following His commands and keeping away from evil that is also the link between man and god. Faith is the beginning of the formation of a link between us and God.

To be just obsessed with Jesus and to take him as the only God is to think that this earth is the center of the universe. This is an immature idea and one should read other scriptures dispassionately.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

For the atheists, that is a not a wrong view as they do not believe in one true God.
    However for Christians as we believe in one God and one God only, we do not need to gain knowledge of other religions.

Blog Entries
    Blaze you are so self-contradictory! If God is a sheer nothing then He is less than mundane existence!
    But you should not deride Christ in the least. Christ was a perfect disciple of God, and he preached God-consciousness. He was faultless as a spiritual master, and freely distributed knowledge about God and love of God. My main point is that since Christ was completely faultless, you should never speak wrongly of him in the least; on the contrary, he should be recognized as a perfect spiritual master.

It should be understood that the spiritual master is both one and many. God appears through the spiritual master, just as he also appears in the devotee. It must be remembered that Christ said, "the Kingdom of God is within you."

So true. And it is interesting to think about why some people deprave Jesus when He was truly perfect as a man in every way. Being against Jesus Christ makes one instantly wrong and evil.

Jesus is indeed an epitome of love and humanity but Christianity goes against what Jesus fought for.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    Jesus is indeed an epitome of love and humanity but Christianity goes against what Jesus fought for.
    Care to elaborate?

Ironically, the professor has felt, smelt, touched, and sensed his own brain, making this flawed rubbish. Either way though, this thread is pointless, as it doesn't touch on any religious text, making it out of place on this forum.

If God is accounted, then religion is involved, therefore it is relevant to this thread so why do you think this thread is pointless?

Faith often distances man from God. For faiths create creeds and that furthers divisions.

Faith often distances man from God. For faiths create creeds and that furthers divisions.

I've seen that little story in the original post before. I actually wrote a parody of that flawed, illogical rubbish, but alas it has long since been deleted from my computer.
    Hell is other people.
    ~Jean-Paul Sartre, "No Exit"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    Sometimes. But no divisions exist in God.

Faith is an unsubstantiated subject, and something you can not back up through logical propositions, but yet it has never been reduced to the extent and degree even after centuries. We are as much faith holders as we were centuries ago, and even through scientific discoveries, ideas we still stick to it.
    For it is the bridge that connects earth with heaven, the known with the unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12