Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Results 226 to 233 of 233

Thread: Revenge: good or bad?

  1. #226
    The Poetic Warrior Dark Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Within the winds
    Posts
    8,858
    Blog Entries
    957
    Everyone is entiled to have thier own beleifs, but nothing anyone else says shall change my mind upon the subject. I belive in living by the rule of revenge, and more then anyone elses ideology I am going to belive my own personal experince.

    Thus far, I have no regrets for making this choice and thus have no reason to do anything differently.

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

  2. #227
    spiritus ubi vult spirat weltanschauung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    dunwich
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by skasian View Post
    Just because Jesus used an eye for an eye statement doesnt mean that he supports it.
    hahaha, so the christ went about saying all sorts of jestery? but he didnt mean it?

  3. #228
    You and me skasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by weltanschauung View Post
    hahaha, so the christ went about saying all sorts of jestery? but he didnt mean it?
    You have to read the whole extract,read my previous post that includes the whole extract. Clearly, Jesus was CORRECTING the idea.

  4. #229
    You and me skasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Muse View Post
    Everyone is entiled to have thier own beleifs, but nothing anyone else says shall change my mind upon the subject. I belive in living by the rule of revenge, and more then anyone elses ideology I am going to belive my own personal experince.

    Thus far, I have no regrets for making this choice and thus have no reason to do anything differently.
    Good on you, every one respects your belief and no one is trying to convert your views. We are just trying to get an insight why you believe so. Your input is much appreciated.

  5. #230
    The Poetic Warrior Dark Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Within the winds
    Posts
    8,858
    Blog Entries
    957
    Revenge = Evil, is that not a direct criticism of my belief as well as an attempt to "reform me"

    While you are entitled to hold views against revenge, by making such remarks you are making a direct judgement, not simply seeking understanding.

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

  6. #231
    You and me skasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Muse View Post
    Revenge = Evil, is that not a direct criticism of my belief as well as an attempt to "reform me"

    While you are entitled to hold views against revenge, by making such remarks you are making a direct judgement, not simply seeking understanding.
    Revenge = evil is a sign of showing my belief, nothing more.
    My view has nothing to do with seeking understanding. I seek understanding my reading other people's thoughts about this thread including yours.
    How would my own views satisfy my own hunger for understanding?

  7. #232
    spiritus ubi vult spirat weltanschauung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    dunwich
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by skasian View Post
    Bible! I believe that the Word of God reveals all. As God is light, truth, righteousness, it is even common sense to know to fight against what is the opposite of Him. The darkness, fakery, wrongness, wickness.. evil. God doesnt need to fight evil, its just unmatchable. Its US that have to fight against evil as we are born neutral, capable of swinging towards either side. WE have to fight temptations that are evil such as lying and stealing. These things have reasons in real life too, like how a small insignificant lie may grow into a major lie that will inevitable lead into continuous and destructable conflicts.

    this is the main point at which christianity fails.
    if god is the creator, then the universe is a cavity inside god, who is infinite and unimaginable (ain soph). if god created the universe, then everything inside this universe, which is god, is god. if all things in the universe, which is god, are made by the combination of two opposites (cold and hot, soft and hard, far and close, light and dark, and so on) how is it possible to state that only hot, for instance, is god? how about cold, it isnt? HOW? if everything is inside the universe, which is god, is god, how can you say, and expect to be taken seriously, that god is only light? truth? righteousness?
    dark, and mischief, and weakness is also god. there is nothing besides god in here, for everything exists in him. you christians say god is good, and satan is evil, but who created "satan"? god created evil, therefore god is evil too. god is darkness. and "satan" is also god. everything is god, for nothing exists outside of it.

  8. #233
    You and me skasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by weltanschauung View Post
    this is the main point at which christianity fails.
    if god is the creator, then the universe is a cavity inside god, who is infinite and unimaginable (ain soph). if god created the universe, then everything inside this universe, which is god, is god. if all things in the universe, which is god, are made by the combination of two opposites (cold and hot, soft and hard, far and close, light and dark, and so on) how is it possible to state that only hot, for instance, is god? how about cold, it isnt? HOW? if everything is inside the universe, which is god, is god, how can you say, and expect to be taken seriously, that god is only light? truth? righteousness?
    dark, and mischief, and weakness is also god. there is nothing besides god in here, for everything exists in him. you christians say god is good, and satan is evil, but who created "satan"? god created evil, therefore god is evil too. god is darkness. and "satan" is also god. everything is god, for nothing exists outside of it.
    First, I want to point out that God is not everything. What He created is NOT God. Since when do you look at a piece of stone and hail all God almighty? God created us, however are we Him? We may be made in the image of Him but I fear that human is no where near being depicted as God. What He created is simply a beautiful footprint, no more.

    Yes God created satan but I believe he is beneficial to God because evil serves God as God is almighty. Even though God created us, He gave us freewill, and our decisions is not of God's. A builder and his building arent the same thing. Do you see the difference of my view of God and His creations?

    God is light, and only the most pure, powerful light. Absence of God, therefore absence of light = darkness and all the metaphors that represent it.

    I believe this is thread for revenge, not religions and God, so I think this topic is best discussed in the religious thread.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516

Similar Threads

  1. Does Good & Evil Exist
    By [email protected] in forum Philosophical Literature
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 12:06 AM
  2. The revenge of Mr. Adam Colingbridge
    By saswat_sahoo in forum Short Story Sharing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 04:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •