Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: which book influenced you greatly?

which book influenced you greatly?

sometimes there are always a series of books influenced us.among the books what you have read which book is the best ?what did you learn from the book?

The book of Gone with the Wind incluenced me so much that i cann't forget how Scarllet fought the adverse surroundings.aside from it the great love Scarllet showed to Ashley did also impress me deeply.

I think the book that most influenced me was "Narziss and Goldmund" by Hermann Hesse. It's strinking how little i knew about the human nature, anf then how all of the sudden it all made sense...

Comma Abuser Eric, son of Chuck's Avatar
    The Analects by Confucius. So, I don't know, apt, I suppose.
    Yeah, I'm giving the 'wink' and the 'gun' like Ponch from Chips, big whoop wanna fight about it?

F. Scott Fitzgeralds The Great Gatsby had such an impact on my life. The sudden tragedy and the unhappiness that Gatsby felt without his love and then dying alone, incredibly horrible. But it made me realize that money can in no way buy you happiness, but neither can poverty unfortunatly :-?

Bible.

The novel "Les Miserables", I finished the book in the 8th grade, it greatly impacted on me, it has changed my view of morality, it made me judge people differently, it lead me to adulthood.

Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead. Definitely not a conventional view on morality and the self.
    Yesterday is the Past; Tomorrow is the Future; Today is a Gift and that's why it's called the Present.

Ulysses; JJ

Quite simply I began to realise how easily one could consciously reinterpret the world upon its completion.

"The sound and the fury" by W. Faulkner was, definetely, the book that influenced me much. Thanks to it my way of understand literature changed, and, I think, it improved.

hm i ve never been really influenced by a book
    more like this: every book leaves me in a different mood that can last up to say.....ten days.

let's see.... well: hazarski rechnik (which you woulden t have heard of), the island of the day before, then.......hm. ex ponto.

and that's all folks!

book that influenced me greatly...

I must say that Walden by Thoreau is for sure on of these books by which a person can be influenced. All the books by Ayn Rand have also had an influence on me. This year I have been reading a lot of Victor Hugo and his books are simply ''incroyable''. I especially like his last novel, '93.

I don't think I've been the same person as I was before reading "Night", by Elie Wiesel. For those of you who don't know, the book chronicals the author's time as a 14 year old boy in Birkenau, Auschwitz, and Buchenwald.

Siddhartha, by Herman Hesse

Tolkien

All of Tolkien's writings. One cannot remain unchanged after having read LOTR. There is something divine in it, almost like the bible.

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath, and Portrait of a Lady - Henry James influenced me greatly.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast