Thread: Help.......!

Help.......!

Hello! I am looking for interesting short stories published recently years(2000--2005). anyone can help me with giving me the titles and authores ?

fated loafer
    Look into the Best American Short Stories and the O Henry Short Stories at your local library for the alloted years and something should strike your fancy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Simon, O Henry was way long long time ago..

Annual Competitions which publish

The reference to O Henry is quite possibly to the O Henry award given for short stories annually. I think I remember such an thing, and they would most like publish collectiions of stories for each year. If I am mistaken about their being an O Henry award, then surely there are other competitions which publish annually.
    Last edited by Sitaram; 01-28-2005 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Corrections

Salvation and Other Disasters by Josip Novakovich

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

fated loafer
    Hmm maybe I never actually looked a the dates those collections of short stories for the O Henry's were published in, so they very well could not reach into 2000. But it is or was a yearly published collection.

Another recomendation though would be Kurt Vonnegut short stories, try Bagumbo Snuff Box. They were only recently published after never having been before, and they are easily worded, and smoothly written, with charactersitic Vonnegut quirkiness and deeper hidden and indecipherable meanings.

thanks, all friends! I have already read the American Short Stories, and found some, but they are too old stories. i just want to find new short stories for fun. thanks you!

Thank you Surfer, i will go to find them!

Thank you Simon! and hope you good luck with your study!

Amy Tan also wrote some recent short stories worth reading, I think. Most people recognize her for her novels, but her short stories, in my opinion, seem just as admirable.