Thread: Fruits of Fasting -- The Ramadan : Nearness of God.

Blog Entries

Fruit of Fasting -- The Ramadan : Nearness of God.

Peace!

The holy month of Ramadan, according to my belief, brings opportunity to have nearness of God. Fasting for the sake of God enhances righteousness. One gets safety from God against evils and one's prayers for self and others are answered more than ever.

Travellers and sicks are exempted, they can complete the lost days latter when they are normal.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be on him and all prophets) said: Fasting is a shield.

Fasting indeed becomes shield when one fulfills the requirements of fasting, explains Ahmadiyya Caliph; one's ear, tongue, eyes, hands and all other limbs must not get involve in what is forbidden and do what is commanded.

Self checks, recitation of Quran with practice is vital to gain all benefits of Ramadan; it is a spiritual course which keeps one on track for rest of the year.

Among the verses about Ramadan, Allah says:
    And when My servant ask thee about Me, (say) I am near. I answer the Prayer of the supplicant when he prays to Me. So they should hearken to Me and believe in Me, that they may follow the right way. [ ch 2 : v 187]

Hence, God Himself becomes the reward of fasting.
    Last edited by YALASH; 09-10-2008 at 09:47 PM.