Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WhAt Do YoU ThInK AbOuT dInOsOuRs?

Question WhAt Do YoU ThInK AbOuT dInOsOuRs?

What do you think about dinosours. Like, .....What do you beleive about if they were before adam and eve or if they were after or if God even created them and if they were around when humans were around..Im only 14 and im stuck on this subject so please post a reply or email me at [email protected].. Thanks..Luv Me

Dinosaurs existed during the Mesozoic Era, which was from 251 to 65.5 million years ago. Click here for more info.

Realistically speaking, dinosaurs aren't likely in a Biblical sense to have existed at the same time as Adam and Eve. Although if you're a creationist, which believe that the Earth is 10,000-6,000 years old, then dinosaurs would've had to exist alongside humans. Unfortunately they also would've had to have died off mighty quickly, then have their fossils we've found appear to actually be millions of years old and disagree with Biblical belief in the age of Earth. In case your'e wondering, the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and it took a good 99% of the history of our planet just to get around to creating us, human beings.

The first sign of a human-like creature came about around 3.5 million years, though it is possibly farther back still, ago and it was called Australopithecus afarensis. Since then it has been evolving through time and becoming different types of bipedal mammals until its classification turned to Homo sapien, though I’m being pretty general about what happened in the past 3 million years. If you want to see a nice little presentation on the information on human evolution PBS has some good flash animations.

Hopefully that cleared up some of your questions, if you have anymore don't hesitate to ask. I'm being kind of general to give a solid base of information, but if you check out most of the links in the post you'll figure it out pretty well.
    To think is to blog is to distract is to stop is to destroy is to die is to think therefore I am not good enough

dancing before the storms baddad's Avatar
    lat.51.7,long.114.13,1140m above sea level
    Wow....great answer Dywer.......and a cool link....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyrwen
    Realistically speaking, dinosaurs aren't likely in a Biblical sense to have existed at the same time as Adam and Eve. Although if you're a creationist, which believe that the Earth is 10,000-6,000 years old, then dinosaurs would've had to exist alongside humans. Unfortunately they also would've had to have died off mighty quickly, then have their fossils we've found appear to actually be millions of years old and disagree with Biblical belief in the age of Earth. In case your'e wondering, the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and it took a good 99% of the history of our planet just to get around to creating us, human beings.
    Your answer reminds me of Mark Twain's The Diary Adam and Eve. There's a part in his book where he told about Eve wandering around in the garden with a huge animal. From its description, it's quite obvious that he was telling the readers about a dinasour. Well I know it's only a fiction but IMO it's still interesting to think that man could once lived side by side with those giants.

Yes, though I can't manage to think beyond the idea that: We would've been eaten and have gone extinct because of the roaming 40-foot-tall carnivores. Though considering Twain wrote such interesting material as it is, one can only imagine his interpretation on such subjects would've left out the more obvious problems of living alongside such creatures.
    To think is to blog is to distract is to stop is to destroy is to die is to think therefore I am not good enough

People, have you forgotten about Land of the Lost ?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Is that a movie where some people were thrown back to the past, to the time of dinasours and they always tried to go home?

Land of the lost... no idea why but that reminds me of Titan, lol. You know, Titan the Saturn's moon, recently popular cos of the sond thingy.
    I have a plan: attack!

Quote Originally Posted by subterranean
    Is that a movie where some people were thrown back to the past, to the time of dinasours and they always tried to go home?
    Yep, but it was a saturday morning cartoon....

Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I like the little guy , he's cute, lol
    I have a plan: attack!

Blog Entries
    Dinosaurs and Cadillacs!

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow this must be one of those movies during my parent's teenlife

Quote Originally Posted by papayahed
    Yep, but it was a saturday morning cartoon....

There have been two different versions of "Land of the Lost," right? I remember watching it on ABC in, like, the mid-90s.

Blog Entries
    Lost world 1,2 and the tv show?

also, JP1-3?

Seems dino's are a reacuring theme, especially if one goes to the centre of the earth!!

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

I once read that certain fundamentalist preachers speculate that God CREATED fossils "ex nihil" and concealed them in the earth for the purpose of testing the faithful, so that God might know the true believers, unswayed by the theory of evolution, and separated them from the unbelievers, like sheep from goats and wheat from chaff. Of course, since the Book of Samuel in the Old Testament describes God as "the only knower of hearts," one wonders why such a test would be necessary in the first place. In fact, presumably, God would foreknow from before the creation of the world who would be "faithful" and who would be unfaithful. This is called predestination and election.

A Muslim once asked why it was necessary for Allah to create the world and put all the souls in it, since Allah already knew which souls would believe and which were infidels. So why not just create heaven and hell and place all the faithful in heaven and all the infidels in hell. The answer he received (though I cannot remember who or what it was that gave this answer) is as follows: "Allah knew that if he just put all the wicked in hell, without allowing them to be born into the world, they would forever be complaining and saying 'Oh, but if only you had given us a chance to be born into a would, you would have seen that we would be among the faithful.' Therefore, Allah created the world and placed the faithful and wicked in it so that the wicked might prove their wickedness beyond any shadow of a doubt and know in their hearts that they had earned their eternal torment."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast