Page 11 of 217 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: D.H. Lawrence's Short Stories Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inspirangel View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement - will head for the City Library on Saturday in meantime would appreciate your critique of my helium article on "The Piano" - DH of course !!
    Sure, where is that? Could you provide a link? I did my master's thesis on Lawrence, by the way. If you're interested I could emal that to you some day.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

inspirangel
    a rainbow-swept wilderness location on top of the Moors - UK
    Hi again - yes sure, for link - quickest way is to see it on MySpace www.myspace.com/inspirangels and then click on helium button - if this is ok to post link on here (dont want to break any forum rules!!) or I could message back with url when i have looked up - ALSO I just posted recommendation for this On -literature forum on my blog (so you can see I am impressed!)

Blog Entries
    Hi again - yes sure, for link - quickest way is to see it on MySpace www.myspace.com/inspirangels and then click on helium button - if this is ok to post link on here (dont want to break any forum rules!!) or I could message back with url when i have looked up - ALSO I just posted recommendation for this On -literature forum on my blog (so you can see I am impressed!)
    Hi inspirangel, So glad to have you aboard! I like your name also. I too am a huge Lawrence fan. I am about to start my 4th biography - just my own independent life-time study/pursuit; also reading "Collected Letters" and some other related books. I am so happy to find another Lawrence enthusiast. You will love these discussions. So far they have been going very well. Two new people are joining in this month and now you, as well...great! It is good to see people finally surfacing who appreciate the great writer's works.

Also, welcome to Lit Net - you will love it. I am totally addicted, by now. You probably will be, too, in no time.
    Virgil has the link to this story available on a site online. This way we can copy and paste to discuss certain paragraphs and lines. I or he can send it to you in email; we were not sure about posting the link in here. Let us know.

I too will check out your review on the link you provided. Always great to read more about Lawrence.

PS:I just edited this to add something - I did not find the article you mentioned in your blog, but instead I did find the Wren's Nest. I must write you back and post another entry that is in L's very first novel "The White Peacock", which is a hard book to find; he began writing it when he was only 21, I believe. It referrs to something similiar about a nest in the field, and is wonderful. Maybe you could add it to your blog. Let me look it up and type it out to post later or send to you directly. You will love it. It is very heartfelt.
    Last edited by Janine; 04-26-2007 at 03:18 PM.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

inspirangel
    OK - Thanks for the welcome !! Let me know and I wil surely look up - I am pleased to have found this site - I deliberately have not read all of Lawrences work (like Jane Austen I am rationing them out over a lifetime so I can savour reading new ones for the first time), hoever I can read S and L and The R over and over !!

inspirangel
    Yes - sorry I was not clear enough - recommendation to Online lit is on blog - press helium button on my profile for Article on "The Piano" - do you agree with my interpretation ?? (You can be honest ..............)

Blog Entries
    OK - Thanks for the welcome !! Let me know and I wil surely look up - I am pleased to have found this site - I deliberately have not read all of Lawrences work (like Jane Austen I am rationing them out over a lifetime so I can savour reading new ones for the first time), hoever I can read S and L and The R over and over !!
    Ah, another lover of The Rainbow. My favorite Lawrence work.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    inspirangel,
    Next try "Women in Love" - it follows "The Rainbow", but very much stands appart from it. I loved that book, probably my favorite. Virgil's favorite was the R. I only recently read "Sons and Lovers" - loved it since now I appreciate how autobiographical it is. I too, have read L's works over much time - my whole lifetime so far. It is a fine pursuit indeed and great goal.

Hope you caught my added PS: on my last email. I was probably editing it when you were emailing me back. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Yes - sorry I was not clear enough - recommendation to Online lit is on blog - press helium button on my profile for Article on "The Piano" - do you agree with my interpretation ?? (You can be honest ..............)
    Sorry I did not read "The Piano" article yet, but I will later on. Virgil just came on to say what I had said - his favorite book is "The Rainbow". We all seem to be posting at once...how funny

Blog Entries
    How come I didn't see this thread before? lol
    I love D.H. Lawrence and I always thought he only wrote novels, stuff like Sons and Lovers...till I came across a book called D.H Lawrence: Selected Tales..I was like what that....? so he DID write short stories. I haven't started in reading any of them...but I'm sure I'll enjoy them!
    I'm the patron saint of the denial,
    With an angel face and a taste for suicidal.

Blog Entries
    Nossa, welcome - yes, do join in our group discussions, too. Lawrence's novels overshadowed recognition of his great, and I mean great, short stories. Now more than ever he is noted for them. We have studied 2 so far on this thread and now we are doing "The Prussian Officer'. We are all in the process now of reading the story, but soon posts will start up discussing it from the beginning. I hope you can join in.
    Let me know in PM mail if you want me to send you the link to the story. It is on a site online. Virgil found it. For you information, Lawrence wrote much and was a very prolific author. I have read 3 biographies on the man and Virgil did his thesis on him.
    Sorry you had not seen this thread earlier, but so glad you have found it finally. Glad, too, that you appreciate Lawrence. Hope to hear from you soon. You will enjoy the stories emensely. Janine

Blog Entries
    ^^ Thank you SO much...I do appreciate D.H. Lawrence. Actually, my professor was the first one to recommend reading Lawrence's works for me, and I became hooked right away.
    I don't think that I have this story, so I'd be thankful if you send me the link
    I'm the patron saint of the denial,
    With an angel face and a taste for suicidal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nossa View Post
    ^^ Thank you SO much...I do appreciate D.H. Lawrence. Actually, my professor was the first one to recommend reading Lawrence's works for me, and I became hooked right away.
    I don't think that I have this story, so I'd be thankful if you send me the link
    Nossa, I became "hooked right away" on Lawrence, too. His writing style has a way of doing that - it really grabs one and you can't let go. Hope you enjoy the story. I sent you the link in PM and some information about others stories online/on Lit Net.
    Have fun reading and discovering another aspect of L.

behind the sky on the other side of the rain
    Hi all....looks like a party in here Well I read The Prussian Officer until part II...It is very interesting...but I don't want to say anything yet until everyone is finished...
    "Deep in the fundamental heart of mind and universe...there is a reason."

- Douglas Adams

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malwethien View Post
    Hi all....looks like a party in here Well I read The Prussian Officer until part II...It is very interesting...but I don't want to say anything yet until everyone is finished...
    Good work, malwethien! I know, don't start yet; I am sure everyone is still reading. Yes, it is a party in here - lots of enthusiastic Lawrence fans! It is wonderful; all this sudden enthusiasm. As in Field of Dreams - "If you build it they will come". The players have finally arrived! I read the short story about a week ago. I will have to reread it - I intended to. Part III is really interesting. I will be anxious to hear your comments. Probably we will take it a section at a time like we did the other stories, especially the last. That worked out well. See you soon ~ J

Blog Entries
    Inspirangel, I can't find the helium baloon. By the way, to know a little about me, you can read my profile and my introduction here: http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=14853, which I think was ages ago.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT