Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Are you lucky?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the same thing happens to me all the time!

11 45.83%
  • Now, I have awful luck

2 8.33%
  • I don't believe in luck.

5 20.83%
  • No opinion

2 8.33%
  • I have no idea

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky

Blog Entries

Lucky

For some reason people have always told me I was lucky. I always get what I want and usually win when i do try and gamble.
    For example, yesterday I when to a store to get the new book in the Twilight series. There were lots of girls on the book section looking for it. In the end I gave up and went somewhere else. A few hours later most of the girls had left and I was still looking at the books, some of then were arguing about why the book was sold out, suddenly I saw a flash of white. And found the only copy in the whole store. Lucky?
    This kind of thing happens to me all the time, like when I wanted another book Middlesex but I didn't have any money or transportation. I didn't tell anyone but suddenly my mom finds a copy abandoned in a park and gives it to me! Lucky?
    I can go to a store which is full of crap and find the perfect designer outfit, or my favorite books in discount at the book stores. People just always give me what I want without me asking. Or when I decide to lose weight and suddenly do without any change on my exercise or eating patterns. I always find money in odd places and jewelry too! (Also the phrase "You lucky bastard" accompanied by a rueful chuckle is usually used with regards to my odd good luck)
    When I first heard about The Secret I thought it was such an obvious thing. It surprises me that people don't often get what they want just by thinking about it and letting the world help. It's like the phrase "have faith and the lord will provide" which my family members are always repeating.

So, are you lucky? Do you think the secret works? Or do we have to work hard to get what we want? (and I'm a freak of nature or someone with really good Karma?)
    Last edited by Bakiryu; 08-10-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    Shall these bones live?

Blog Entries
    Everything always works out for the best for me. I'm a very lucky girl!

Blog Entries
    Haha, I'm actually a really unlucky person...Not unfortunate, just unlucky.
    I tend to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, all the time; alot of strange things happen to me, and I'm always getting the soggy end of things.
    "Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer's day"
    Oscar Wilde [The Picture of Dorian Gray]

With my looks and brilliant talent, yes, of course!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Luck is very rarely on my side.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

closed
    More lucky than average, for certain, though not that lucky that I would have to get worried over it.

nobody said it was easy barbara0207's Avatar
    Basically, I consider myself a lucky person. Not where the lottery is concerned, of course. Sure, bad things do happen to me, but in the end, everything seems to turn out ok.

Baki, have you tried the lottery? Or would that be stretching your luck?
    Last edited by barbara0207; 08-12-2008 at 06:42 PM.
    O schaurig ists übers Moor zu gehn,
    wenn es wimmelt vom Heiderauche,
    sich wie Phantome die Dünste drehn
    und die Ranke häkelt am Strauche.

Annette von Droste-Hülshoff (1797 - 1843) (see avatar) Der Knabe im Moor/The Lad in the Moor

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    I think I am.

I have food, water, a place to live, a bunch of stuff, school, people who love me, conveniences, etc. Of course I have bad things in my life, too, like everyone else, but...life is what you make of it, I think.

I must say, though, I felt luckier a little while ago...going through bad luck times now. But who am I to say that? Life is a mystery-anything can happen at any time! And because of all that good stuff that happened to me I am still lucky in a sense because it happened to me!

I like to say, "George just lucky I guess." Except I replace "George" with my name.

But I think I am talking about a different kind luck than what the thread is about.

One time I found $50, does that count? There was no one around so I got to keep it! I would have given it back, honest, had I found the person it belonged to, but there was no one in sight!

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

I dwell... in a place that is perpetually inhabited by beings of my kind, Rockistas, we call us... and so we continue to live in that place, in a world that is eternally moving, swept by the torrents of musical wind.
    Blog Entries
    Everyone is lucky for who he is. God had a choice to make us someone else other than our own selves, even somebody less desirable than who we are today, but He did not because He loves us all. The only reason why we look down at ourselves and believe we are unlucky is because we often concentrate on the stuff others have that aren't present in us at the moment, and overlook the things we actually possess. If only we stopped awhile to reflect and take all of these into consideration, we would be surprised to find that the things we often ignore are actually what make us the luckiest people in the world. Given those facts--which I was, at first, surprised to find true, I find it best to conclude that we are all "gifted" in the sense that God was wise in giving us gifts that He knew would be of good use to us (and hopefully, would make us happy); all we have to do is tear off the plain-looking wrapping.
    Wish hard enough, I could turn it to what I like.

Fall Out Boy, "Tiffany Blews."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbara0207 View Post
    Basically, I consider myself a lucky person. Not where the lottery is concerned, of course. Sure, bad things do happen to me, but in the end, everything seems to turn out ok.

Baki, have you tried the lottery? Or would that be stretching your luck?
    Actually, my family played the Visa lottery when I was a kid. We won, that's why I'm here in the States
    Shall these bones live?

Blog Entries
    I consider myself lucky. Things do always seem to work out. Like Barbara I wish that would translate to the lottery.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Senkang,which is a metropolis in Singapore
    GREETINGS!
    Ah,a noteworthy question indeed.I shall cite that I may be lucky or not lucky,it depends,aren't they? I concur that God will solely will make us lucky or not. People endeavour to make themselves lucky.I,here,consider myself as unlucky,in light of being stupid.I am literally stupid.I don't have confidence at all,my LORD,oh my LORD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    For some reason people have always told me I was lucky. I always get what I want and usually win when i do try and gamble.
    Gamble?Oh my LORD.I won't gamble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
    For example, yesterday I when to a store to get the new book in the Twilight series. There were lots of girls on the book section looking for it. In the end I gave up and went somewhere else. A few hours later most of the girls had left and I was still looking at the books, some of then were arguing about why the book was sold out, suddenly I saw a flash of white. And found the only copy in the whole store. Lucky?
    Precisely,you are undoubtedly lucky as God had bless you

Blog Entries
    I know I'm lucky and am grateful for it.

Blog Entries
    Luck? Nah. The brain is just selective.

I transcend the common notions of space. When I'm sleeping.
    I'm rather lucky, and I always win in the end when I play poker(but that has nothing to do with luck. I'm not so lucky that people give me things when I want them, but I always benefit in an unfortunate situation and I sometimes stumble upon things of value when walking down the street. Not often though.
    I think if you make a signature, you should inspire some emotion in someone else. I also think it would be pretentious for me to think I could do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast