Thread: Queen Margaret rant

Jack Cade's Groupie

Queen Margaret rant

i know i'm posting this in part two (probably not the right place) gah

okay, the main bad guy in the trilogy? ...hrm, Gloucester? York? maybe Clifford?
    not according to me,
    does anyone else want to punch margaret in the face? SHE is the chief villian of the trilogy if you ask me!
    Okay, so on the path to the crown York did some dastardly things, yes he killed Clifford sr, yes he organised Jack Cade's rebellion, but he was no more or an upsurper than Henry IV was (*cough* Richard II *cough*)

So under the rule of a fluffy young king who had a great father (& little else besides) you have various warring factions of nobles looking for the crown.
    What else would you expect?
    The only friend the young king has is his Uncle Humphrey who is killed by Margarets lover Suffolk (yes i cheer when he dies!)

So okay Gloucester is pretty much a homocidal maniac, but Clifford Jr kills Yorks boy Rutland?!! how is that justified?!! Margaret then really cruelly taunts York about it before killing him like the sadistic ***** she is & then has the cheek to whine at the unfairness of it all when her son is killed in front of her.
    she deserved it!!!!!
    now, if you see Richard III as a fourth part (as i do. it's very closely linked) we see margaret yet again! bouncing around, moaning and spitting venom, but Cecily of York soon sets her straight...

" I had a Richard too, and thou didst kill him!
    I had a Rutland too, thou holp'st to kill him!"
    --- Richard III, (Act 4 Sc 4)

i cannot abide people who are able to dish it out but not take it back Margaret is one of those people!
    for i will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at...i am not what i am

Yea, Richard III calls her what?, a "wrinkling hag" or something, but doesn't some of her fortune-teller-like predictions worry him a bit? He seems a tad unnerved by her prognosticating. It is amazing that she was allowed to stay alive in Rich III.