Even though it is not till tomorrow, it is never too soon to wish Papayahed a happy birthday and get to know her better!
1. How did you come about this site and what makes you keep coming back?
Nobody I knew in RL were big readers so I was looking for an online book club to join to broaden my reading horizons. My first book club read was Heart of Darkness.
2. Have you visited other countries than your own and what did you like about it or not like?
I’ve been to Mexico and Canada and I really like both.
3. Do you have any pets?
Nope, but I’m dying to get a dog.
4. What makes you happy?
Being with friends and family and a really good margarita.
5. How is being a mod different from a regular member?
The biggest difference is that I’m now able to remove spam. The hardest part is staying out of arguments or if I do get involved refraining from writing something unmodlike.
6. How can you get away with being online at work?
My boss doesn’t work at my site and my work depends more on deadlines, I really can do whatever I want as long as I’m meeting expectations and all my reports are submitted on time.
7. How are you enjoying your time with Larry?
We’re having a great time.
8. If you could take one book, music album and one video with you to a desert island, what would they be?
Book: The Stand by Stephen King
Album: Boats, Beaches, Bars, and Ballads by Jimmy Buffett
Video:Season1 of Ugly Betty or Star Wars Trilogy, I’m leaning towards Star Wars though.
9. Which actress should play you in a movie based on your life?
Lola Falana hahaha, I can’t think of anybody probably some unknown that will be catapulted into stardom after taking the role. hahahaha
10. What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
Lot’s of things –
I love to people watch.
My dog (an animal really)when she did dumb stuff
Little kids are always funny
11. What were your favorite things to do the past? What about now?
In the past: swimming, playing,
Now: bicycling, reading, gardening sort of
12. What activities make you lose track of time?
Reading, doing puzzles, doing math problems, building things with Lego (I used to babysit a kid and we always played with the lego – he always wanted to quit before I was finished with my masterpiece)
13. What makes you feel great about yourself?
A job well done.
14. What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)
I’m good at Name that tune
15. What do people typically ask you for help in?
Math Problems. Also at work I feel like a psychologist, everybody tells me about their issues. One day a coworker and I were walking throughout the plant collecting samples. We did the necessary two but the coworker wanted to get more because he wasn’t done complaining about the boss yet.
16. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
Math or Science or Chemistry
17. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
I would regret not traveling.
18. What song is in your head at the moment?
Go West by The Village People
19. The last book you bought/borrowed from the library?
The Scarlet Letter – I had to return it before I could finish it.
20. Which book are you reading at the moment?
A Winter’s Tale
21. The last book you finished reading?
Size Twelve is not fat by Meg Cabot
22. Favorite food?/ Comfort food?
Mac and Cheese
Chicken Noodle soup
23. Favorite outfit?
I don’t think I have a favorite, but I am loving the shoes I bought about a month ago. Peep toe heels in bone.
24. What are you wearing at the moment?
A dark purple top, jeans, steel toed shoes, and white tube socks.
25. Favorite poem?
Roses are Red
Violets are blue
Around the corner the **** wagon flew
It hit a bump
A scream was heard
A man was killed by a flying turd
26. First novel you remember reading on your own?
I really can’t remember. One of the earliest would be The Outsiders.
27. Favorite TV shows?
Star Trek TNG reruns on Sci Fi
28. Which LitNet members would you like to meet in person if you could?
It sounds dopey but there’s something special and unique about everybody and I would like to meet you all, but if I had to pick the people to meet first it would probably be – Scher, Nightie, Naimh, Timmy (wherever he may be), Baddad.
29. Favorite post on the Forum?
The one in the Best/Worst memory thread by Timmy when he was talking about the pot cracking and burning the dog.
30. Favorite thread?
Song Title Game or Name that song
31. Last food did you have?
32. Last words you said out loud?
33. Last person you hugged/kissed?
My friend who shall remain nameless. Every morning at work all the guys shake hands as a greeting, it’s kinda neat
34. What do you do (for a living) to be able to keep your LitNet addiction going?
Environmental, Health, and Safety for a chemical manufacturer
35. Are you happy with your chosen profession?
Yes, but I might like to branch out into production OR get more involved in Material Safety Data Sheet writing and DOT regulating
36. What would you like to be if you could change your profession?
Second I have this odd fascination with the post office – so perhaps a mail carrier
37. Least favorite book/song/movie?
Book: Orlando by Virginia Woolf
Movie: Natural Born Killers
Song: Proud to be an American
38. The most generous thing you have done?
It’s not something I like to broadcast
39. What is your most outstanding feature?
My flowing locks or when curly my “nappy headed mess”
40. If you could change one thing about the way look you could, what would that be?
I’d be taller.
41. Which book do you wish you had written?
Harry Potter – I don’t care about literary integrity, bring on the dough.
42. What is your favorite book cover?
I don’t know that I have a favorite. The only one that really stands out is The Shining – it scared the crap out of me when I was little.
43. Most and least favorite characters from books?
Least – Orlando from Orlando
Most – Nick and Nora Charles from the thin man
44. What would your biography be titled?
“Can you dig it?”
45. What should you be doing at the moment instead of answering these questions?
46. Wonderful Superman or depressing Batman?
Batman who is not depressing, he’s dark and mystrious
47. One final word of wisdom for LitNet users?
48. Which question should we have asked you?
I can’t think of anything
49. Which question are you happy that we did not ask?
What’s your most embarrassing moment?
50. What would you like to ask the person to be interviewed after you?
I forgot what it was? Scher help?