Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: "Gay" as an Adjective

ésprit de l’escalier DanielBenoit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip View Post
    Oh, ya because we were so very much better with terms like sodomite, bent, broken, homosexual (originally referring primarily to a mental disorder, but now considered a PC term), fairy, faggot, and all those other nice words.
    But. . . .I think you're missing out, my-fairy-in-crime, that we hijacked the word 'gay' so as to disguise ourselves as innocent, happy law-abiding citizens in order to cover up our plan for world domination
    The Moments of Dominion
    That happen on the Soul
    And leave it with a Discontent
    Too exquisite — to tell —
    -Emily Dickinson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVW8GCnr9-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGIvr6WVw4

Blog Entries
    Shhh! We mustn't let the normals in on the plan, it won't work if they see it coming.

Shhh! We mustn't let the normals in on the plan, it won't work if they see it coming.
    I don't think you gays should be allowed to refer to us heteros as normals. It just sounds offensive coming from you.

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

The term under pejorative use is really not meant to be derogatory towards homosexuals, it has been used as a slang term for 'lame' among youth since the seventies, much like the terms "bad" or "stupid" meant good in the eighties and nineties. The word is really becoming obsolete in reference to happiness. If used, homosexuals are still commonly thought to be the reference. Nevertheless I still try to refrain from using it in a phrase as it still sounds juvenile and could be offensive.
    Last edited by Serena03; 09-04-2010 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    I don't think you gays should be allowed to refer to us heteros as normals. It just sounds offensive coming from you.
    It is also a stereotype.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    Now, now if I wanted to be derogatory I would have called heteros breeders. To emphasize how the heterosexual "lifestyle" harms me by limiting my access to food and jobs by creating more human beings.

ésprit de l’escalier DanielBenoit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now, now if I wanted to be derogatory I would have called heteros breeders. To emphasize how the heterosexual "lifestyle" harms me by limiting my access to food and jobs by creating more human beings.
    Yeah those damn breeders and their babies and birth control pills. Yuck, who needs some big infant coming out of an overstretched vagina The thought should disturb every heterosexual and homosexual man.

(ladies take not offense, I speak in jest )
    The Moments of Dominion
    That happen on the Soul
    And leave it with a Discontent
    Too exquisite — to tell —
    -Emily Dickinson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVW8GCnr9-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGIvr6WVw4

Quote Originally Posted by billl View Post
    It is also a stereotype.

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Two years on and I still don''t undersatnd why sexuality is offensive. Or why idiots are afraid of gay people. It all makes no sense at all.
    But on the use of words got curious as to teh word Faggot. Well actually its the link to fag as in cigereete I was wondering about but here are a few facts that you might have not know:
    1) It actually measn a bundle of sticks.
    2) in medieval times it was linked to the burning of hertics and witches. If they renounced they had to wear a faggot symbol to show that they weren't really 'good' people.
    3) It was once an offensive word refering to women ( back in the 16th centurey)

And lastly its just an ugly ugly word it looks ugly it sounds ugly people shouldn't use it.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234