Thread: dream, deja vu, and mystery of life explained

Blog Entries

dream, deja vu, and mystery of life explained

E.A. Poe said that life is a dream within a dream. I agree with this statement, and I connect it to religious knowledge I've experienced-- both Buddhist, my own experience, as well as studying and worshiping God. In Buddhism, there is understood to be such a phenomenon as enlightenment, and supreme enlightenment. An enlightening being does not have any deluded views, and also sees truth. George Harrison explained that every soul is potentially divine.

So what does all this mean? What is reality, and is there something spiritual, a spiritual nature beyond the senses?

Life is a mystery, but also there is order. I understand that life can be understood, sometimes in ways we would not expect. I consider deja vu to be like this; in actuality it is not the mind tricking itself, but it is a glimpse of something real-- knowledge that is unexplainable; the memory of something that is unexplainable. If we walk outside, and we feel it is cold, we do not doubt that it is actually cold-- and deja vu is like this, I feel it as plainly clearly as anything, and so though I do not know all that it means, I do not doubt its validity as a sensation.

There is an idea in Buddhism that the entire universe is reflected in the smallest atom. This would seem to indicate that if we looked at an atom, if we could understand, which seems impossible, then we could see the universe in reflection. The universe is a complete whole: every part of it is also a complete whole. Every person is whole: the world is whole: any closed system is whole. If a person lived a simple life, in a one room house, by themselves, as a sage or mystic, then they could unravel the whole universe there, by theirself.

E.A. Poe said that life is a dream, and this is echoed in the Buddhist religion, which says with conviction that all phenomena are illusion. This can be understood by way of the mystic, of the sage; who is fixed in transcendence, who with half-closed eyes finds himself split between boundaries: between normal sense perception and consciousness, and divine consciousness, between normal consciousness and divine light, filtering in. Such a sage has realized God, has realized that this life is God; that this life and world is a complete whole, nothing needing to be added, nothing subtracted-- perfect as it is.

Spiritual consciousness or divine consciousness is like this; one becomes perfect. This simply includes serenity and compassion, as well as spiritualized energy and happiness and joy. Knowledge of the self comes from meditation and action in consciousness of the self. The self is unlimited, and so the realizations are unlimited.

As to the dream, to reality; reality is invisible; the ultimate truth is beyond our senses. Hardly one in a million lives a perfected life, and one out of thousands of those perfected understand the ultimate truth. The sage in divine consciousness, however, can see thousands of years into the future, thousands of years into the past, simply by understanding the present in full. Simply by realizing his own divine nature, the self finds answers to the questions of life.

The path to self-realization is a long one. Meditation does not produce instant results. But the ultimate result is entirely possible. The truth is attainable, it is only blocked because we give up, we stop seeking it. If a person sees a bit of truth, and then tries to tell people of it, then they simply subject themselves to an impossible task-- because the truth is inconceivable to normal sense-perception consciousness. So the truth is there, it is beyond the reach of the sages; although there are thousands of partially enlightened persons who have contributed to this knowledge, who can help along the way. Each of these sages is an interpreter; none have a claim on the truth which is universal, but in everything, there is some element or grain of truth, even if it is only truth's opposite. There can be nothing further than truth than it's opposite-- we cannot go below that; so there is only truth at the highest point, and untruth at the lowest. Everything in between is partly true and partly false...as Pascal said.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiI View Post
    E.A there are thousands of partially enlightened persons who have contributed to this knowledge, who can help along the way. Each of these sages is an interpreter; none have a claim on the truth which is universal, but in everything, there is some element or grain of truth, even if it is only truth's opposite. There can be nothing further than truth than it's opposite-- we cannot go below that; so there is only truth at the highest point, and untruth at the lowest. Everything in between is partly true and partly false...as Pascal said.
    We are oftentimes opinionated. Maybe you will negate my ideas and you have the right to do so, but the point I want to argue is truth can not be partially known and either you are enlightened or not enlightened. Once truth reveals to you you will see the glory of truth and the radiations of truth dazzle you, and it is so brilliant that outshines a thousand suns.

Maybe you are more intellectually advanced, and in point of fact you may have indoctrinated yourself into so many ideologies and philosophies, yet when it comes to explaining truth none of your learning works.

Truth is not found in books, or in sacred books, and all are products of mind and imagination.

I am not telling you what truth is and I am only seeking and at times by arguing with you is not to antagonize or negate you for that matter.

I am a seeker myself and I do not want to be a claimant of knowing truth.

But this question of truth has always, eternally fascinated me and am always running after this.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Blog Entries
    I dunno. "Truth" and "untruth" is almost a word joke.
    However, I have always believed in the Truth that is the Light. All have their own vision of it, because, like God, it is like a crystal or gem, which has many different facets. That is why I believe the first anything to exist was the Absolute Truth. That which has all facets also has the attribute of being the first. I don't know if I'm saying it right, but that's my reason for believing in Truth, and I for one do believe that the Absolute Truth is exaclty and none other than God.

Truth is a slippery concept, I don't think there is such a thing as solid and inviolable truth because any "truth" depends entirely on context and aspect. I can make any statement, any statement you like, and it can be either true or false depending on your perspective and the context that you take the statement in.
    As every person's mind is a different context and every person has a different perspective it follows that "truth" is a very limited thing, restricted to one person and one moment, and ultimately none of us can appreciate the same "truth" - except in approximation of course - because we are worlds apart.

Thus any "Ultimate Truth" that an individual arrives at is at best their "Ultimate Truth" and not the "Ultimate Truth".
    Suicide carried off many. Drink and the devil took care of the rest. - R L Stevenson

Currently Reading: Dead Souls - Gogol