Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My son, the mighty hunter

Blog Entries

My son, the mighty hunter

My five year old had been learning to shoot a BB gun. I thought I’d share pictures of my son’s first kill.

I thought someone else may have a pic from their hunting expeditions (especially since many people hunt with a camera) that hey could share.

Blog Entries
    oooooh dear. Nice aim there . I was all worried that he'd actually killed something and the pics were going to be all icky.... I'm not a big fan of hunting, at all.

Blog Entries
    sprinks, was it that fear that made you look?

Blog Entries
    Kind of... Sort of like just then, I was watching Hannibal... Didn't really want to, but I just had to . Also then I remembered your blog entry, and that I read about it there!!

Blog Entries
    Oh my God. Shouldn't he have been supervised? Who was with him that let him aim at your car? I assume that's your car.

I take it you have figured out how to post pictures.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    so, I have to ask, what did your son do when he shot the window?
    What Are You Crazy!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh Man! the poor car! he killed it!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

ohhhhhh noooooo!!!
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Oh my God. Shouldn't he have been supervised? Who was with him that let him aim at your car? I assume that's your car.

I take it you have figured out how to post pictures.

Yes, I believe that a boy with a BB gun should be supervised. My husband and I are in disagreement on this matter. It is true that a BB gun is relatively safe and don't usually cause damage, but I prefer supervision. As always- I won the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    so, I have to ask, what did your son do when he shot the window?

I was painting and my husband was doing some construction related thing when this happened. Mason came in and I could hear him telling his daddy that he needed him to come look at something. Husband said he was kind of busy and maybe mason could just tell him about it. Mason said he had done something on accident and it was really bad. Husband said what was it and mason told him he shot the window of my van. I had to hide a little because I got tickled about it (no one was hurt and I love when I'm right and husband is wrong). I couldn't be mad, not at mason anyway. We all went out to look at it and Mason asked what we were going to do about it. I said the first thing we would do is not shoot anymore unless there is a grown up around. and them I ran in to a salvage yard and picked up a new window and my husband replaced it real quick. As far as accidents go it could have been much worse. Mason now understands it’s important to look at what is behind the target. We actually have a special place just for shooting with a large rock backstop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motherhubbard View Post
    Yes, I believe that a boy with a BB gun should be supervised. My husband and I are in disagreement on this matter. It is true that a BB gun is relatively safe and don't usually cause damage, but I prefer supervision. As always- I won the argument.
    You've got the proof.

I was painting and my husband was doing some construction related thing when this happened. Mason came in and I could hear him telling his daddy that he needed him to come look at something. Husband said he was kind of busy and maybe mason could just tell him about it. Mason said he had done something on accident and it was really bad. Husband said what was it and mason told him he shot the window of my van. I had to hide a little because I got tickled about it (no one was hurt and I love when I'm right and husband is wrong). I couldn't be mad, not at mason anyway. We all went out to look at it and Mason asked what we were going to do about it. I said the first thing we would do is not shoot anymore unless there is a grown up around. and them I ran in to a salvage yard and picked up a new window and my husband replaced it real quick. As far as accidents go it could have been much worse. Mason now understands it’s important to look at what is behind the target. We actually have a special place just for shooting with a large rock backstop.
    Well at least he didn't try to hide and let you find it yourself. You guys are so self sufficient. I probably would have taken the van to an auto body shop and been charged hundreds of dollars.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Is he not a bit young to be messing with a gun of any sort? I mean he is only five.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post

I probably would have taken the van to an auto body shop and been charged hundreds of dollars.
    38.75 I'm so glad it wasn't the windshield!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    Is he not a bit young to be messing with a gun of any sort? I mean he is only five.
    Having been a city girl who was never knowingly around guns I can understand this question. I don't disagree with you.

I am astounded that you find it funny to let a five year old kid play with a gun. I bet you'll find it as funny when he accidentally shoots someone.

Blog Entries
    Yes, sweets. Of course

Blog Entries
    I've spent a lot of my youth in the country, and there is no way I would have been let near a gun at that age and i wouldnt even dream of letting my seven year old nephew near a real gun.
    W.B.Yeats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast