Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Guardian, The Protector = Al-Mohaimin: An Attribute of God.

Blog Entries

The Guardian, The Protector = Al-Mohaimin: An Attribute of God.

Peace be on you and forum!

Few words before I try to start today's post:

I could not post in the forum for few weeks and when I came in today, found the following banner:

" Hello YALASH it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums? "

------------ It felt so nice and encouraging. Thanks a lot. i guess it is computer generated but surely some caring human is behind it. God bless all.
    ==================================================

The Guardian, The Protector = Al-Mohaimin: An Attribute of God.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

According to my belief, God has numerous holy attributes and their understanding makes one's life peaceful. One of these attributes is AL- Mohaimin which is translated as:

The Guardian - The One Who keeps others away from fear - The Trustworthy - The Being Who watches over affairs of people v- Protector of people.

This word Muhaimin has appeared in the Holy Qur’an for God and for Quran itself.

For God it comes as:
    He is Allah, there is none worthy of worship except Him, the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of peace, the Bestower of Security, the Protector, the Mighty, the Subduer, the Exalted. Holy is Allah far above that which they associate with Him. (chapter 59: verse 24)

And for Quran this word appears in chapter 5 as guardian over previous scriptures in the sense that it testifies to unaltered part of earlier divine books.

Safety of Quran is uniquely promised by Allah:
    Verily, it is We Who have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We are its Guardians. (15:10)

God as The Guardian has saved the text of Quran and made hundreds and thousands of people committed it to memory and sent various reformers at the top of each century. To me, The advent of the ahmadiyya promised reformer further manifested the radiant teachings of Islam with peaceful methods.

However, It is sad to observe that when people do not practice their religion, the track is lost. And When they put its teaching in practice , they come in its protection.

When one attain true belief one finds pleasure in doing good works and one is given insight......Then one offer Salat / Prayer as Salat is worthy of being offered. One is weary of sin and finds a particular fervour in one’s heart to express the greatness and glory of Allah and His Messenger. Such a belief does not even stop one from being placed on cross like Jesus (on whom be peace) or being thrown in fire like Ibrahim (on whom peace) . When one attains such a station of faith, it is then that Allah becomes one’s Protector and Guardian and even brings one down from the cross and save from fire. Only those who possess complete faith are shown such wonders -- explains the ahmadiyya promised reformer.
    Last edited by YALASH; 08-12-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YALASH View Post
    Only those who possess complete faith are shown such wonders -- explains the ahmadiyya promised reformer.
    Hi YALASH,

How does one come to possess complete faith?

Assumption: I assume 'complete faith' = Absolute, 100% certainty

Thanks,
    Doug
    “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream.” -Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries
    My understanding is the same. God has attributes, and all His attributes are Absolutes. It says in the Bible, "Be still, and know that I am God." And Jesus says, "Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect." So to understand anything about God, we must truly find peace within ourselves first, which we can only do by deep meditation. The most important thing is to focus on the Lord, on Christ, Allah, Krishna, and to keep Him in meditation. When we have doubts, we must remember that He said, "Be still, and know that I am God." We must still ourselves, and not doubt, above all not have fear, and have faith in God.

closed
    According to my belief, God has numerous holy attributes and their understanding makes one's life peaceful.
    According to your belief, how exactly are the two related - understanding holy attributes and having peace in one's life?
    When one attain true belief one finds pleasure in doing good works and one is given insight......
    How does one know one has attained true belief? How does one come to attain it?

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiI View Post
    We must still ourselves, and not doubt, above all not have fear, and have faith in God.
    Hi NikolaiI,

What's to fear? Eternal damnation by a God that doesn't tolerate doubt? What scares me most is that so many intelligent folks aboulutely, 100%believe this stuff. And I'm unable to even get my spiritual horse out of the barn when it comes to an omnipotent creator who, after living for eternity, decide a few billion years ago to snap its fingers and create a universe in order to....what?

OM,
    Doug
    “The air was soft, the stars so fine, the promise of every cobbled alley so great that I thought I was in a dream.” -Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasija View Post
    Hi Anastasija,

Yes! Exactly what I was asking. It would be awesome to have some specifics too--not some vague rhetoric from the Quran or Bible.

Peace,
    Doug

Blog Entries
    Allah bless you, YALASH!
    The source of any bad writing is the desire to be something more than a person of sense--the straining to be thought a genius. If people would say what they have to say in plain terms, how much eloquent they would be.
    -S.T COLERIDGE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Hi NikolaiI,

What's to fear? Eternal damnation by a God that doesn't tolerate doubt? What scares me most is that so many intelligent folks aboulutely, 100%believe this stuff. And I'm unable to even get my spiritual horse out of the barn when it comes to an omnipotent creator who, after living for eternity, decide a few billion years ago to snap its fingers and create a universe in order to....what?

OM,
    Doug
    I said nothing about eternal damnation, and that is quite the opposite of anything I had in my intentions when I came here.
    Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiI View Post
    I said nothing about eternal damnation, and that is quite the opposite of anything I had in my intentions when I came here.
    Good day.
    Hi NikolaiI,

My apologies, I misunderstood. I thought when you said, "We must still ourselves, and not doubt, above all not have fear, and have faith in God." that you were referring to any fear, including the fear of etenal damnation. Were you meaning a specific fear--like the fear that our lives may be meaningless in the context of this vast universe? Sorry to be so dense.

dOUG

Blog Entries
    My main point is that an inner tranquility and peace is necessary to approach what is spiritual and holy within us. If you approach life with inner confidence, peace, or faith, then the outcome will be very good. And we should not have fear inside us-- but peace. That is my main point.

My ideas are influenced in not a minor degree by The Mother (Mirra Alfasso) and Sri Aurobindo, who have written more extensively on the subject, who speak of the importance or value of having faith.

Blog Entries
    Peace to all!

Thanks for your view points.

Part-1
    ------
    Complete Faith:

Since I used the words *complete faith* in original post which were used by the ahmadiyya refomer, i tried to find explanation of similar words:

I= The purpose of religion is that human should get deliverance from his passions and should develop personal love for God though CERTAIN FAITH in His existence and His attributes -- Essence of Islam, vol-1

2= People are afraid of sankes and poisons because they believe they are fatal. If there is COMPLETE FAITH in God, there would be hatred for sin. -- The Search for God (part 2)

Hence, I can say what is meant by Complete Faith that is "Absolute, 100% certainty" as friend Wintermute assumed.

Part-2
    ------

The effects of true and perfect divine law on human are:

1=It uplift them from savage condition to human-being-condition and then to moral-condition and finally to peace-with-God condition.

2= It enable them to recognize the rights of his fellow human beings and share with them the bounties like knowledge, wealth and means of comfort given by God.

3= It guides them to exercises faculties of fairness, benovelence and true sympathy on their proper occasions.

4= They show the paths of virtues to others and covers up their weaknesses.

5= They will observe their spiritual relation with God as a manifest reality. The services they rendered to God’s creatures out of their love for God will be manifested as bounties in paradise.

6= Through Islam one can attain it. [Subject is pointedly discussed in The Philosophy of Teachings of Islam by ahmadiyya refomer. It was a lecture read in all-relgion conference.]

------------------------------------------------------------
    Part-3
    ------
    How exactly are the two related - understanding holy attributes and having peace in one's life?

God has holy attributes. When human try to imbibe these attributes on human level, human attains the purpose of creation ie, worship and paying rights to God and to His creature.

Four major attributes are mentioned in the first chapter of holy Quran. These are:

1= Al-Rab (the One Who nourishes all creature; human and non human) .

2= Al-Rahman ( the One Who send mercy on all human [believers and non believers] without their request) .

3=Al-Raheem ( Who send mercy for believers + repeats mercy + accept true labour ) .

4=Al-Maalik ( the Master) .

As regards man imbibing these Divine attributes on a human level, the sequential order is reversed:

1= Attribute of mastership that human adopt so that they may do justice and may avoid evil. In this capacity they also overlooks others’ wrongs either out of mercy/compassion or forgiveness.

2= Attribute of Rahim generates value and appreciation of their surroundings and they do good for his surroundings.

3= Progressing from this stage, they adopts virtue of Rahman, when his near ones as well as all others are given the advantage of his goodness.

4= It is then that imbibing the quality of Lord of all the worlds he tries to create an environment where all the other qualities and their advantages may flourish.

Thanks.
    Last edited by YALASH; 08-14-2008 at 02:12 PM.

Peace to all!

Thanks for your view points.

. . .or forgiveness.

2= Attribute of Rahim generates value and appreciation of their surroundings and they do good for his surroundings.

3= Progressing from this stage, they adopts virtue of Rahman, when his near ones as well as all others are given the advantage of his goodness.

. . . .

Thanks.
    That is specific? Perhaps I'm just stoopid Yalash, but I don't understand a single concept you seem to be trying to convey. Could you please try again, using your own words? And please, keep it simple for those of us that are not blessed with your intelligence and wisdom.

Thank you,
    Doug

Blog Entries
    Peace!

I think it is not matter of anyone's stupidity or anyone's wisdom, it is just new ideas, unfamiliar terms etc.

True belief reflects through one's life. Human is given noble but raw qualities. If these qualities are not worked upon, they gravitate and man become beast. But when these qualities are taken under umbrella of divinely taught codes of conduct, they blossom and human get uplift in character.

True belief nourishes human's qualities and makes them good human with high morals and further to become servant of God. They think, speak and act well for peace of all kind.

God has mentioned His four basic attributes in the beginning of Quran ( There are several). He is The Nourisher, He send mercy on everyone, He send special mercy to believers, He is The Master to whom everyone returns.

Now, if one tries to copy these attributes, One tries to do justice as good master would do, one tries to be kind with one's closests, one tries to be kind with those who are not close to one and one tries to nourish everyone like rain falls on all.

In shortest of short: True belief makes one understand the rights of God and rights of creation.

More short: True belief reflects through one's life in terms of peace.

I hope it is easy now!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    [my above understandings are based on Ahmadiyya refomer's online book THE PHILOSOPHY OF THE TEACHINGS OF ISLAM ]
    Last edited by YALASH; 09-02-2008 at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Peace!

I think it is not matter of anyone's stupidity or anyone's wisdom, it is just new ideas, unfamiliar terms etc.

True belief reflects through one's life. Human is given noble but raw qualities. If these qualities are not worked upon, they gravitate and man become beast. But when these qualities are taken under umbrella of divinely taught codes of conduct, they blossom and human get uplift in character.

True belief nourishes human's qualities and makes them good human with high morals and further to become servant of God. They think, speak and act well for peace of all kind.

God has mentioned His four basic attributes in the beginning of Quran ( There are several). He is The Nourisher, He send mercy on everyone, He send special mercy to believers, He is The Master to whom everyone returns.

Now, if one tries to copy these attributes, One tries to do justice as good master would do, one tries to be kind with one's closests, one tries to be kind with those who are not close to one and one tries to nourish everyone like rain falls on all.

In shortest of short: True belief makes one understand the rights of God and rights of creation.

More short: True belief reflects through one's life in terms of peace.

I hope it is easy now!
    Your explanation is excellent! I have learned a lot by your few words.

I agree with you as far as I understand you. I would like to ask you one question in regards to Allah as Guardian. I mentioned something about this earlier on this thread but may have been missing the point.

I have studied spiritual knowledge through different media, different religions and philosophers, and I am always interested in learning more about the world's faiths. In Christianity there are several verses from the Christian Bible that indicate God as a protector. He says "Fear not, for I am with you." God also says in the Bible, "Be still, and know that I am God." There is then the commandment from Jesus, which is very puzzling to our mortal ears, "Be perfect, as your Father in Heaven is perfect." And lastly, Jesus says, "When two or more are gathered in My Name, I am there."

If these four statements from Jesus and God are not connected, forgive me. I only mention them because together, they indicate that God is always with us, more especially so if we are gathered in His name. I've read a lot from another source that I found quite interesting. Sri Aurobindo and The Mother write about faith; particually as a part of growing in the divine consciousness. The Mother says that if you are completely in the divine consciousness, then you will be protected; say, if someone comes to you at night in the dark, with ill intent-- you will be protected. Aurobindo affirms that you must totally surrender,

Quote Originally Posted by Sri Aurobindo
    To walk through life armoured against all fear, peril and disaster, only two things are needed, two that always go together - the Grace of the Divine Mother and on your side an inner state made up of faith, sincerity, and surrender.
    I highly value Aurobindo. Anyway-- I thank you for sharing your insight. I'm really interested to learn more from your own religious perspective!

Ah, speaking of Aurobindo and your saying that man's qualities must be worked on, this is an interesting quote!

Quote Originally Posted by "Sri Aurobindo
    Wherefore God hammers so fiercely at his world, tramples and kneads it like dough, casts it so often into the blood-bath and the red hell-heat of the furnace? Because humanity in the mass is still a hard, crude and vile ore which will not otherwise be smelted and shaped; as is his material, so is his method. Let it help to transmute itself into nobler and purer metal, his ways with it will be gentler and sweeter, much loftier and fairer its uses.
    Anyway-- I guess these go off-topic. I wanted to ask you about God as Guardian and Nourisher. In my religion there are also many transcendental names of God, since he is unlimited. The All-Merciful aspect of God is called Nityananda, who is especially merciful to all the devotees of the Lord.

My question is how is God merciful, how can we know His mercy, and what is the proper way for us to consider these questions? For myself, I believe the correct way to consider is to always be grateful. God is merciful because the Earth is incredibly beautiful; it supports and sustains us wonderfully; the air is fresh and clean, nature is bountiful; water falls from the sky, on everyone, like you say, and it belongs to everyone; God and the Earth are so merciful because they support us indiscriminately and bountifully; God is so merciful because fruit actually simply falls of the trees in our world! Anyway I have rambled on clumsily, so I will put an end to the rambling.

Blog Entries
    Peace be on you.

About God being with us and his protection. In this regard, I found some relevant verses from holy Quran and these are:

1= And assuredly, We have created human and We know what his self whispers, and We are nearer to him than (even his) jugular vein. [chapter 50, verses 17]

2= Eyes cannot reach Him but He reaches the eyes. And He is The Gentle, The All-Aware. [6:104]

3= He knows the treachery of the eyes and what the breasts conceal.
    [40:20]

4= It is He Who has created you, but (some) of you are disbelievers and (some) of you are believers, and Allah sees what you do. [64:3]

5= He knows whatever is in the heavens and the earth, and He knows what you conceal and what you disclose; and Allah knows full well (all) that is in the breasts. [64:5]

6= O Messenger! Convey (to the people) what has been revealed to thee from your Lord; and if you do it not, you has not conveyed His Message (at all) . And Allah will protect you from people. Surely, Allah guides not the disbelieving people. [6:68]

7= …….when he (the holy Prophet) said to his companion, Grieve not, for Allah is with us.…..[ 9: 40 partly]

8= Say, I am only a man like youselves; (but) I have received the revelation that your God is only one God. So let him who hopes to meet his Lord do good deeds, and let him join no one in the worship of his Lord.[18:111]

9= And when My servants ask thee about me. (say) I am near. I answer the Prayer of the supplicant when he prays to Me. So they should hearken to Me and believe in Me, that they may follow the right way. [2:187]

10= And obey Allah and His Messenger and dispute not with another, lest you falter and your strength depar from you. And be steadfast; surely, Allah is with the steadfast. [8:47]

11= Verily, Allah is with those who are righteous and who do good. [16:129]

12= Knowest thou not that the kingdom of Heavens and the earth belongs to Allah alone? And there is no protector or helper for you besides Allah. [2:108]

13= And strive in the cause of Allah as it behoves you to strive for it. He has chosen you and has laid no hardship upon you in the matter of religion; so follow the faith of your father Abraham; He has named you Muslims both before and in this Book, so that the Messenger may be a witness over you, and you may be witnesses over man kind. Therefore observe Prayer and pay Zakaat, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protector and an Excellent Protector and an Excellent Helper![22:79]

14= He is Allah there is no god beside Him, the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace, the Bestower of security, the Protector, the Mighty, the Subduer, the Exalted. Holy is Allah, far above that which they associate with Him. [59:24]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast