View Poll Results: Do you like Harry Potter?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

163 77.99%
  • No

46 22.01%
Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter

Harry Potter

i know i have never liked harry potter till i started reading the philosiphers stone and now im hooked yeah ive always liked whitch craft but HP never actually tickled my fancy lol ok im bored
    When your looking back it's a lot easier to run straight into a tree.....

Are you kidding me with this, I read those books and found them dreafuly boring and hoplessly... "Fluffy."
    BOW DOWN!
    BOW DOWN!
    Before the power of Santa, or be Crushed
    Be crushed by his jolly boots of Doom!

well i do have alot on my mind so i guess thats why i started reading it tis the only book remotely interesting

Some of the best literature I have read. There is nothing wrong with 'fluff'.

Glad the sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be out on 16th July, 2005.
    Last edited by EAP; 12-22-2004 at 04:41 PM.

i actually like the series too, and as it becomes darker i've become a bit more into it.
    I know a lot of little kids are into it, but is that such a bad thing in spreading literature for something everyone can enjoy
    I shut my eyes to not go blind.

Not at all, and it is this series' something-for-all natural and easygoing, freeflowing laidback style that annoys the hell out of some people who fancy themselves as literature critics.

I love Harry Potter. I'm trying to cram in as much classical fiction before my G.C.S.Es, and sometimes there just so goddamn difficult to get through. So it's nice to have any easy ready that's actually got quite a good plot.
    I can't wait for the sixth one!
    You said I killed you...Haunt me then.

Aimee which classical works do you have to prepare for your GCSE's?

a tiny little place called Earth, my corner of the universe and beyond
    Well, I ain't obsessed with HP but find them entertaining and a great read when your stuck with in teh airport or on a bus for eight hours... same with the left behind series, don't believe any of it but hey their entertaining... and thats what counts... (I'll never make a good literature critic)

soemtiems we all need fluff but i though the fifth one was not fluffy at all, it was so dark and i could not not not not not believe the ending.... I'm refusing to acdcept it and hoping that its not true and that itll be rectified in the sixth book
    "It all comes down to what we make of ourselves, eh?"
    -The Fairy Godmother

"Sing on, poor souls! The night is short, and the morning will part you forever!"
    - Uncle Tom's Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by EAP
    Aimee which classical works do you have to prepare for your GCSE's?
    Well, my English teacher has given us a list and told us to read at least some of hem on there, and she's going to check our knowledge about the books to make sure We've read them. Apparently it will improve our English techniques if we read a lot of classic literature.
    Right now I'm in the middle of Wuthering Heights and next on my list Jane Eyre. Also I'm planning to read some by Dostoyevsky and Austen quite soon.
    If anyone has any 'classic' pieces of literature to recommend then I would welcome any suggestions.
    You said I killed you...Haunt me then.

Would your teacher consider 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker a classic?

One classic which I have always found easier to plod through then most others is 'Vanity Fare' by William Makepeace Thackery.

Then there are always American classics like Huck Finn, Scarlet Letter, Moby Dick etc.

ive read dracula for my english class when i was in highschool and have seen the movie a thousand times lol

I've read a lot of classic works ,like wife and daughter,the works of Jane Austine,and the Bronte sisters,Dickens.But the most I think worthing reading is " Count XXXX"(I cannot remenber it exactly).The iron will the hero presented with an old professor is so explosive and if we have that one ,everything is possible.
    P.S.-----I love HP two,it fantasy and wierd world and can fly just with one broom.can't wait to see the sixth one.

fated loafer
    HP is entertaining, though not realy as so inflamed myfans, but the fantastica world is fun and light and easy to read. But hes last couple did not stike my fancy, they seemed to be lacking the same vivdness and fun. I think the author may be tiring and the story getting drug through the mud so to speak with overkill publicity.

It's a little bit better than Eragon but is dragging.

Page 1 of 37 12345611 ... LastLast