Thread: John Milton

John Milton

Hi,

Is anyone here interested in John Milton?

xx

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interested...? In what way? What about? He's only one of the greatest poets in the English language... perhaps second only to Shakespeare... and his Paradise Lost is perhaps the single greatest long poem in the language (only Canterbury Tales might compete), so what is to be interested in?
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

Hahahah it's funny to hear you talk about him that way. Nah, it's just because he's my great (etc.) Grandfather and i really wanted to know just how famous he was! Well now i know!!!

Thanks,

xx

I'm very interested in him. Even though I haven't read everything from both, as of now it strikes me that, at his best, Milton was even better at Shakespeare. It just seems to me that Shakespeare was at his best more often than Milton.
    "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." --Carl Gustav Jung

"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due." --Neil Gaiman; The Sandman Vol. 4: Season of Mists

"I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh" --The Proclaimers