Thread: What happened?

Blog Entries

What happened?

God, I couldn't get in all day. I miss lit net too much if it's down. So glad you're up.

What happened?
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I thought it was just me. I'm glad to be on now. When I can't log on it drives me crazy!

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    yes there were some "issues" most of the day ... *crosses fingers that all is ok now*
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Blog Entries
    ...actually now, i'm trying to update my self in what are the current posts! yes! I feel like new here.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

The server crashed and I had just gotten a new computer and Vista sucks so it took me 10 hours to install the network on it and so I didn't know the whole time that the server had crashed.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Blog Entries
    Great that I was not at the computer else I will get crazy for 10 hours.
    Art is a lie that leads to the truth.
    --Picasso

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    The server crashed and I had just gotten a new computer and Vista sucks so it took me 10 hours to install the network on it and so I didn't know the whole time that the server had crashed.
    Vista is a problem. Microsoft hasn't produced a worse OS in more than 10 years, except for Windows ME.

Have you considered switching the webserver to Linux?

Blog Entries
    Great job, Admin. May God support you more and keep the site more alive, amen.
    The source of any bad writing is the desire to be something more than a person of sense--the straining to be thought a genius. If people would say what they have to say in plain terms, how much eloquent they would be.
    -S.T COLERIDGE

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL View Post
    Vista is a problem. Microsoft hasn't produced a worse OS in more than 10 years, except for Windows ME.

Have you considered switching the webserver to Linux?
    The server is linux... my personal PC is vista. Since my personal PC was down I didn't know the server was down so I couldn't get it fixed.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

This sucks up my mornings and evenings and I enjoy being here. Same moments when my ideas and posts are censored.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Blog Entries
    Well that was a relief. I thought AAA had decided I was on board too much during work hours since they took newsrama.com (the comicbook news site) away from me and my mah jong site. Plus I thought maybe I had a virus when I got home.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpspur View Post
    Well that was a relief. I thought AAA had decided I was on board too much during work hours since they took newsrama.com (the comicbook news site) away from me and my mah jong site. Plus I thought maybe I had a virus when I got home.
    Did you ask the it department? Once when they blocked litnet I called my buddy in IT and he said the sight wasn't on the block list and he restored it for me. (It's good to have buddies in the IT department)
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I'm sure we tend to take your work for granted. We don't think about it when things are humming along smoothly, and we only notice when something breaks down.

Thanks to you, and to Logos, and to Scheherezade, for all the work you folks do all the time, even when things are going well, and forgive us for taking it all for granted.
    Last edited by DickZ; 06-20-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling of Scherezade's name so I won't be expelled.

Blog Entries
    Note to Papayaed -- Actually I did grumble about the comicbook news site and he said he'ld give it back if I really HAD to have it but then my stupid pride kicked in. I generally depise those hucksters on the site but news is where you find it in a hobby like mine. Thanks for the interest though. Note to DickZ--Very much take Admin for granted but now Logos ??--that is a whole blog entry in the making.