Thread: Bad Choices In Romeo And Juliet! Help Please!

Exclamation Bad Choices In Romeo And Juliet! Help Please!

What are 3 bad choices that Juliet and/or Romeo has made througgh this whole play?? I need the WHOLE quote by act, scene, and line, and who says it. i also need the explanation for the quotes and why its blamed for the tragedy of romeo and juliet.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! if i don't get an A, i won't pass and will repeat my freshman year pls help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were not bad choices. Their fate was inevitable since the first speaker uttered the prologue. Fate seems to be central, with the whole "Star crossed lovers" motif taking the front. No character acted in any way that was out of character, therefore the results of the play are what were prescribed by the forces at play, controlling the two unlucky lovers, as they were engulfed by the flames of their parents' hatred.

Oh okay but what about bad luck? for our format for the R & J essay, my english teacher wants us to explain (give 2 quotes) that explain bad luck and/or bad choices that was most responsible for the tradedy. so what about that?

Blog Entries
    then no offense to your teacher, but he/she has missed the point of the play.

What he/she is looking for is:

1. Romeo killing Tybalt (III.i)
    2. Romeo thinking Juliet is dead
    3. Juliet drinking the potion (arguable)

I wouldn't call any of these bad choices or bad luck, but if you must, then these are some incidents.

Or, you could take the argument that Juliet falling for Romeo and marrying him the day after she met him is a bad choice (the argument stands that Romeo is a helpless lover and we cannot blame him for that but Juliet, although young, proves to be the more rational one and should have "known better" - but then where would the play be....

ROMEO: It is the east and Juliet is the son.
    JULIET: GO away you crazy man
    (exuant)

bravo.........
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...