Thread: I am shocked

Multifaceted Obsessionist Bramblefox's Avatar
    Wandering the endless corridors of my mind

I am shocked

There aren't any threads for El Dorado??? One of the most brilliant sequels to the Scarlet Pimpernel?? I am agog, I am aghast...wait, wrong story. Seriously though. Who loved this book? I was on the edge of my seat for the whole second half of the book--I got some very odd looks because of my little squeals of excitement and/or horror whilst reading.
    A writer is never uninspired. They're just too lazy to sit down and write.--Artoveli (edited accordingly)
    Do you hear the people sing?
    "I don't have much call for handkerchiefs, my dear...there are certain advantages, you see, in being without a nose." ~Erik

yeah me tooo!!

hehehe yes i totally agree, i was absolutely absorbed while i was reading it and took it wherever i went getting exited and absolutely distressed in turn much to the amusement of those around me Thats all i talked about for days... I was a little worried that it would just be a add on to the scarlet pimpernel without much different story line, i was happily proven wrong with it very unique story at the same time as tying them together... Just a quick question does anyone know what number book ElDorado is in the scarlet pimpernel series?

Historical Reader
    The Scarlet Pimpernel series is my favorite! Such wonderful examples of true gentlemanly conduct, and Lady Blakeney's explicit trust in and loyalty to her husband is beautiful to behold.

In answer to your question, from looking at blakeneymanor.com, Eldorado is #8 in Chronological order in the series. Blakeney Manor is a great place to find out most of what there is to know about the SP.

HTH!

~Another Orczy obsessionist

Blog Entries
    Really want to know WHERE you guys are finding the sequels as they are pretty much out of print in USA. My libray actually had a couple and I know I can do inter-library loan but I prefer to OWN a series rather then just borrow them. A small press copany offered El Dorado for $75 about 10 years back when I was considered the search since I'm about finished with Rafael Sabatini.