Page 472 of 473 FirstFirst ... 372422462467468469470471472473 LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 7081

Thread: Book Title Game

I keep trying to adjust the recipe danik so that the cake mix ends up more like brownies but i keep not succeeding! the addition of the dried cherries was good, but i could have probably put twice as many in as i did. also, instead of water, i used canned fruit, and sometimes the pieces of them stay intact, and that makes the cake more enjoyable too.

peanuts: love, sweet love by Charles schulz. been a long time since ive read it, but maybe its a lot about Lucy's unrequited love for Schroeder, who only loves Beethoven!

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bounty. Here is a link to a Black Forest Cake. Cherries are expensive and rare here so they are mostly used to garnish the cake and small pieces are included into the creamy part. This is a typical birthday cake, lots of chocolate and cream.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/...ck-forest-cake

Love the peanuts!
    Love in the Time of Cholera. .Gabriel García Marques
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

thanks danik, unfortunately I cant get to the link, but I appreciate your thinking of me. its even worse lately because windows is automatically updating and hogging up what little bandwidth I have.

if you have some insight into this culinary question though, you are welcome to chime in---I have bunches of pancake mix and bunches of canned corn. it seems to me there must be some way to combine the two, like a corn version of a potato pancake.

a Charlie brown Christmas and it's the great pumpkin Charlie brown were staples of my childhood. have you seen those? Do you have a favorite character?

I have cholera (the book that is), have you read it?

bloom county: toons for our times by berke breathed.

Blog Entries
    When the Apricots Bloom - Gina Wilkinson
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

when you come to the fork in the road, take it! by yogi berra.

Blog Entries
    Love Yogiisms and Stengaleese

The Fork, the Witch, and the Worm - Christopher Paolin
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Here is another Cherry Cake receipe:
    BLACK FOREST CHERRY CAKE
    yield: Serves 8 prep time: 45 minutes cook time: 30 minutes total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
    A retro classic, Black Forest Cherry Cake or Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte is as delicious today as ever. A tower of chocolate, cream, cherries… what could be better?

4.7 Stars (9 Reviews)

INGREDIENTS
    FOR THE CHOCOLATE SPONGE:
    3 medium eggs, room temperature
    125 g (½ cup) sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    75 ml (5 Tbsp) neutral oil
    75 g (½ cup) plain flour
    50 g (½ cup) cocoa (unsweetened, Dutch-processed)
    1 ½ tsp baking powder
    pinch of salt
    2 Tbsp sugar, extra
    butter to grease the pan

FOR THE FILLING:
    680g (24 oz.) jar sour cherries, (reserve the cherry juice)
    2 Tbsp cornflour/cornstarch
    25g (2 Tbsp) sugar
    2 sheets gold strength gelatine
    500ml (2 cups) cream
    3 Tbsp Kirsch or rum
    150g (5.5 oz.) dark chocolate
    fresh dark cherries, to decorate

INSTRUCTIONS

PREPARE: Heat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4. Line the base of a 20cm round springform cake tin with baking paper and grease the base and sides well with butter.
    BEAT THE EGGS: Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment fitted beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy, around 5 minutes, then drizzle in the oil, beating continuously until incorporated.
    MIX DRY INGREDIENTS: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gently, but thoroughly fold the dry ingredients into the beaten egg mixture, ensuring it is well combined but keeping as much air in the mixture as possible.
    BAKE: Pour into the prepared cake tin, then bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until risen and the cake has begun to pull away from the sides of the tin. Take care not to walk around in front of the oven too much while the cake is cooking, sponges are very fragile and can collapse.
    COOL: Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Line a rack with baking paper and invert the cake on top, remove the tin and allow to cool completely before peeling off the top paper.
    MAKE THE CHERRY COMPOTE: Drain the cherries and reserve 150ml of the juice. Mix 2 tablespoons of the juice with the cornflour/cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Heat the cherries with the sugar in a small saucepan, stir through the cornflour/cornstarch mixture and cook gently until thickened. Set aside to cool.
    WHIP CREAM: Place the gelatine sheets in a shallow dish, pour over enough cold water to cover and allow to soften for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes squeeze out as much liquid as you can, then place the gelatine in a small saucepan with 3 Tbsp of the cream and heat very gently, stirring until the gelatine has dissolved. Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to whip the cream until stiff.
    MIX CREAM: When the gelatine has dissolved, remove from the heat ad allow to cool slightly. Add two big spoonfuls of the whipped cream to the gelatine and stir to combine, then add the mixture back to the whipped cream, folding through, gently but thoroughly. Transfer ¼ of the cream to a piping bag with a star nozzle fitted and chill.
    CUT CAKE: Use a long, serrated knife to carefully cut the cake horizontally into three layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate or stand, sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of the kirsch or rum, then top with half of the cherries and a layer of cream. Repeat with the next layer, then place the third layer on top. Sprinkle with the remaining kirsch or rum.
    ADD CREAM TO CAKE: Spoon a layer of cream on the top of the cake and spread a thin layer of cream over the sides. Pipe tufts of cream evenly around the top of the cake and decorate with the fresh cherries.
    DECORATE CAKE: Use a knife or peeler to shave the chocolate and make chocolate curls, then press them over the sides and in the middle of the cake. Chill until ready to eat.
    Nutrition Information: Yield: 8
    Amount Per Serving: Calories: 638Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 4gSugar: 40gProtein: 8g
    Nutrition information is calculated automatically and isn’t always accurate.

© Jay Wadams
    Cuisine: German / Category: Sweet Things
    https://daysofjay.com/2022/06/22/bla...eation-165-jtr

Next book title: The Fork Ran Away with the Spoon by Laura-Riley
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    mmm... decadent

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

danik, if I could make that id be working as a chef somewhere! plus if I did make that I suspect id eat it all in one sitting!

any insight into the pancake mix and canned corn?

being the rules slightly...

runaways the first book by vc Andrews that I read, and I surprisingly enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    The Year of the Runaways - Sunjeev Sahota
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Lol. Not wanting to ruin anyone's stomach.
    The year of the flood.Margareth Atwood

wait till next year by doris kearns goodwin, one of the best written memoirs ive ever read, and among other things, a romantic rendition of her growing up as a baseball fan and the shared love her and her father had for the Brooklyn dodgers.

Blog Entries
    Years in the Making: the Time-Travel Stories of L. Sprague de Camp - L. Sprague de Camp
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Time and the Conways by J. B. Priestley

the land time forgot by edgar rice burroughs.