Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overwhelmed? Tell us why...

lovingly in his eyes, snugly in his arms, safely in his heart...

Overwhelmed? Tell us why...

Hi everyone!

The past two weeks have been absolutely and completely overwhelming and busy for me! IT STILL IS!

I thought I'd create a space for us to vent our frustrations , to unload our fatigues and to voice our complaints !

So, why are you feeling overwhelmed today?
    "My warm hands have made the paper limp,
    So that its feel reminds me of slept-in sheets: comfortable and safe"

"All these things I say... I say them because I want you to know, I don't ever want to regret afterwards that I didn't say enough, I would rather say too much." ~ Samuel Selvon

Blog Entries
    Studying It's too damn hot these days...and my finals are in three days
    I'm the patron saint of the denial,
    With an angel face and a taste for suicidal.

Blog Entries
    Oh gee wow I have a feeling I'll be in this thread often!!

Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the realisation that I have a baby sister now. Also schoolwork, very overwhelming.

Same for me. Studies. Exams. But this time I am acting a bit differently. Have tried to get myself overwhelmed. Feel some kind of tension too, but no use. The good side is that I feel okay despite the fact my exams are all hovering over me and my preperation is not that great, and I don't bother to study much. For the growth of this indifference, my math exam today contributed a lot too. It went quite well despite my very little hard work, I just went through the basic concepts (would hopefully at least manage a B, and I am pretty satisfied at anything above 80 percent when it comes to mathematics). But this has got me even in more spirits....and the whole day I spent singing and doing stuff other than studying for the next exam.

Can anybody tell me how to feel over-whelmed? I kind of feel as if it's not me...just today in school on seeing me singing before the exam was all about, a class-fellow was looking at me as if I was some other Pensive....well yeah you can see tension reflecting my face before the exam is just about to begin usually but don't people ever change...Bah
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

lovingly in his eyes, snugly in his arms, safely in his heart...
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinks View Post
    Oh gee wow I have a feeling I'll be in this thread often!!

Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the realisation that I have a baby sister now. Also schoolwork, very overwhelming.
    Hi Sprinks! A baby sis! Sweet news! Sure, it'll be challenging, but playing with her and hearing her little laughter will no doubt relieve some stress!
    "My warm hands have made the paper limp,
    So that its feel reminds me of slept-in sheets: comfortable and safe"

"All these things I say... I say them because I want you to know, I don't ever want to regret afterwards that I didn't say enough, I would rather say too much." ~ Samuel Selvon

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm graduating high school in two days...so I'm excited about that, as well as a bit overwhelmed. But I'm also stressed out because of my AP Exams...I've already taken my AP Lang, AP Lit, AP Government, AP Comparative Gov., but tomorrow is Macro and Micro Econ. Then I'll be done...so its a mixture of stress, irritation, and excitment. But hey, I can't complain too much since I'll be done with this mess in a few more days!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
    Hi Sprinks! A baby sis! Sweet news! Sure, it'll be challenging, but playing with her and hearing her little laughter will no doubt relieve some stress!
    Yeah once I was over the initial shock it wasn't so bad, although it does take a little getting used to still, hearing new noises that I'm not used to hearing

I had a bit of an overwhelming experience again today, when I got taken into the office at school because one of the teachers is worried about me burning out again and getting sick from stress and putting too much pressure on myself etc etc. I've had the speech from parents and friends and other family before, but I've never had teachers talk to me about it 'til now and I was sitting there like "woooah this is weird"

Blog Entries
    ^^ So Sprinks, you ARE planning on taking over the thread indeed
    And it's kinda weird, she's afraid of the pressure you might put yourself under, so she takes you to the office Isn't that stressing enough?
    Last edited by Nossa; 05-15-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Blog Entries
    I guess I am
    I didn't actually realise it at the time, that going to the office was stressful in itself, but you do have a good point!! That is quite funny, I love things that are ironic like that, the act of trying to prevent something ends up being the act that causes it to happen!!

Blog Entries
    MAJOR OVERWHELMINGNESS today.... not sure that "overwhelmingness" is a real word but that's not the point

Anyhow, we got told today that we have about 2 weeks to decide our year 12 classes, which is something that could really influence the rest of our lives and we also got told that next year we can start applying for uni... Like in a YEAR. ONE. YEAR.

Blog Entries
    One word: finals

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by samercury View Post
    One word: finals
    I hear ya

No longer confused... Lioness_Heart's Avatar
    I've got my first summer A level module on wednesday. And it's just hitting me that this time, there are no re-takes. And this will decide if I get into the University I want to go to!!!

And. Further Maths (the bane of my life) exams are rapidly approaching, it's our last week of school before study leave, and my teacher isn't coming in. She still has a load of past papers I've done that she either hasn't marked or hasn't given back... as if it's not bad enough we get stuck with the worst maths teacher in the school for A2 further maths, but she doesn't even bother turning up... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    "The magic gave me insight, and you gave me a heart, but for all the heart and insight in the world, I am still a cat."

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinks View Post
    MAJOR OVERWHELMINGNESS today.... not sure that "overwhelmingness" is a real word but that's not the point

Anyhow, we got told today that we have about 2 weeks to decide our year 12 classes, which is something that could really influence the rest of our lives and we also got told that next year we can start applying for uni... Like in a YEAR. ONE. YEAR.
    It's not so bad,Sprinks Unis here aren't hard to get into- and you will really enjoy it!
    I think 1/3 of the people I knew in yr12 dropped out of/switched at least one class-so don't over-stress about picking the perfect combination.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    resumes and job applications
    Calvin: You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast