Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Satan a freedom fighter?

Is Satan a freedom fighter?

Satan, the word sounds rather disgusting to those whose minds are preoccupied with some ideas they have through others or reading the Bible.

Satan is in point of fact a freedom seeker and does not want to submit to the tyranny of God.

In fact God wants that all submit to his command, Satan, uncommon and un-submissive launched a number of raids and did not want to coordinate with God. He therefore raised or inspired his legions seeking distinct space for them.

In today's world also if any freedom fighters set themselves against the tyranny of their rulers they will be exiled.

Satan is in everyone of us, inherently, and we do not become explicit dreading the unthinkable.

Do not take Satan differently. He is like all of us who want a self chosen government and he does not want any dictator to govern over us.

God is a traditional ruler. He had succeeded in programming the minds of his subjects that he is almighty and that he is the creator of everything.

Yes every religion has a god and devil too.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

He not nice like God

Torah say He God son but not accept all God say, want thing his own way, want humans to suffer. Koran say He only disloyal to humans not to God It seem He act nasty because He know he cursed til the Day of Judgement. That seem to be very human trait so he similar to humans but has very close relationship to God.

Blog Entries
    I think of Satan as a deranged convict trying to break out of jail. I guess he's trying to get freedom, but more like avoid punishment.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Satan doesn't really come into play in the Jewish tradition, as lets say, Yahweh. In fact, he doesn't really factor in much at all in the Jewish canonical work.

As for Christians, one can think many things. It would depend what sect of Christianity, but I think everyone agrees he is Evil, evil, evil. I believe the rebellious sympathetic Satan is a Miltonic invention, one that would not fit with the mindset of the Jews around 0 BCE, who, after all, in a few short years, would embark on the Great Revolt would have thought so. They, as it seems, would have interpreted Satan as a sort of Titus, a form which seems to have actually been rooted in that period. Surely it is believable that the Jews at that point would not have considered someone who rebelled against God to be good, in that sense, but would rather have just attributed him to his enemys (as seems the likely source of the foundation of Satan, and the fallen angel).

Blog Entries
    Well, JBI, Satan isn't exactly prominant in the New Testament. In fact I would think he's most prominant in The Book of Job.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

I do rather like that view of Satan. It certainly makes works like Paradise Lost (and even the Book of Genesis) more interesting to have a morally ambiguous conflict at the heart of the narrative.

I know, but remember the New Books are, traditionally, supposed to be just as 'true' as the Old Books. Jesus is supposed to be the prophesied Messiah as hinted at in Jeremiah. The rabbinic tradition holds nothing about such "heroic fighters" as, lets say, the Greek tradition, and in fact, the concept of Satan as a "freedom fighter" goes against the Early Christian, and Judaic mindset of the foundation of Christianity. Satan is not sympathetic at all, I have found by scholarship and sources, until really Milton. I can't find that sort of sympathy, which I believe borrowed from Shakespeare, and his hero-villains, until Milton created him.

Blaze - these are the ideas Philip Pullman uses in the His Dark Materials trilogy. Pullman is regarded as a wicked atheist by some critics!

Some mesto, or another. Bog knows you wouldn't be able to viddy me from your okno.
    What do you think about Satan's role in Paradise Regained, as the tempter of Christ?

Is he the man in the van luring children with candy, or a politician asking, "Do you want lower taxes and free health care?"

He is certainly not the Pied Piper. He offers and this is an option. God demanded and Satan suggested. God says don't and not. One thing is clear: Satan is a master of customer service.

"Do you mind if I reel in this fish?" - Dale Harris

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn." - Ernest Hemingway

Blog

That's Miltonic Satan. Biblical Satan has no redeeming qualities.

why do we hate Satan?

I am often confused. We read in the New Testament Love your enemy. But then why should we hate Satan? Everyone of us is a bit of Satan. No matter how high are we elevated spiritually, religiously, we are still a bit of satanic proportions.

In point of fact, logically speaking what we call satanic is something heightened by saintliness. If we are unaware of or apathetic towards saintliness we become totally unconcerned about devilishness. In essence both compliment each other or they are not mutually exclusive.

I do not see any point in hating Satan, for both, Satan and saint were created by God alone. If we do not preoccupy our minds with godliness or to put it totally differently if we do not smear our minds with biblical canons we become not very malicious towards Satan.

For Satan is among us and part of us in substance. Revisit the domain of Satan you will find your home there.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post
    For Satan is among us and part of us in substance. Revisit the domain of Satan you will find your home there.
    This world is enough of Hell to not want to actually go there, Blaze... I would agree that Satan seems to be the god of this world, worshiped more than God is...
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    i'm going to throw my two cents in... but i don't ever remember the Old Testement saying, "Hate Satan." but rather "hate sin."
    Pitiful creatur of darkness,
    What kind of world have you known?
    God give me courage to guide me,
    You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurtugal View Post
    i'm going to throw my two cents in... but i don't ever remember the Old Testement saying, "Hate Satan." but rather "hate sin."
    Satan doesn't really have much of a connotation in the Old Testament. The older books, in a sense, work as scholarship on the Old book, and replace the Snake for instance, with the Devil, and therefore the fall of man from Eden as they call it, and the Original Sin, and so forth, are derivative from the Devil. By the Jewish tradition, Satan does not really play much of a part (except in perhaps Job, though not really in the Christian sense) in the Old Books, and in fact, is not a significant player, or even a memorable one. The concept of Heaven and Hell in itself is a Christian one.

Blog Entries
    Blaze, I agree with your view of Satan. I have always loved the Satan of Milton's Paradise Lost. I feel that he is a freedom fighter, as well as I always felt he was misunderstood. He was banished from heaven for being an individual and having an opinion that was opposing to the view of God.

He represents individuality. He also stands for are animal natures which God would have us repress, but I do not think we should deny this part of ourselves, I think we should accept and embrace it.

Satan does not want man to kneel to the dogma of another. But to stay standing upon our own feet. He rebelled against the tyranny rule, as you have pointed out and was punished for it.

But I find many of the things God have done and the things done in the name of God far more reprehensible than Satan.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast