Thread: Song Title Game

i don't know about you tailor, but all of a sudden there was Frampton comes alive that seemed to come out of nowhere. peter Frampton? who the heck is peter Frampton??

this will be a little lost on you since if I remember rightly you haven't watched/don't like the series but, and im cheating a little...

"you know, I have one simple request, and that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! now evidently my cycloptic colleague that that cant be done. can you remind me what I pay you people for? honestly, throw me a bone here. what do we have?"

"sea bass."

"riiiiight"

"they are mutated sea bass."

"really? are they ill-tempered?

"absolutely."

"well that's a start."

Blog Entries
    re: PF... lol.

Lol ! Googled "you know, I have one simple request, and that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads".

Googled the Sound tract to that movie and guess your contribution would be Stained Diapers -
    George S. Clinton...

I'll go with: Stained Glass Masquerade - Casting Crowns
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I don't recognize that tune tailor, but the next time I watch Austin powers i'll keep my ears peeled.

castle of glass by linkin park, whose music I got turned onto by virtue of it being in the transformers

Blog Entries
    Enjoyed COG here with lyrics> https://www.google.com/search?client...id:B-He6EzP5zY

A bit of psychedelia from one of my favorite group(s): Jefferson Airplane (later: Jefferson Starship, Starship) -

The Last Wall of the Castle - Jefferson Airplane
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

cant remember if I already mentioned this. hopefully in a couple weeks im going to have high speed internet and i'll be able to hunt up all these goodies you share.

I remember your liking the halsey song I shared. the first song I heard from her was simply called:

castle

Blog Entries
    re: Broadband - Awesome !

Cool song by Hallsey

A Castle Full Of Rascals - Deep Purple
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats bounty on your future broadband. You'll notice the difference. I guess they have started to lay the cables.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

its been actually been two year and pretty frustrating endeavor. two summers ago the internet company laid many thousands of miles of cable in rural areas. I spoke with the installers and they said it wouldnt be until next year (last summer) that they actually started running service to people's homes. so I called last summer and they said "we cant give you service." I pointed out that they actually had their cable attached to a utility pole on my property. I raised such a fuss about it that eventually the local manager came out for a visit. he explained to me that his company bid on the job by using federal census blocks and if you are not in the specific census block that came with the contract, you could only get service if your house was within 300 ft of the road. mine is right around that and he told me, yes we can give you service but not until everyone inside the census block who wants it, gets it, should be the end of the year (last December/January). I emailed the manager about that time, and he didn't respond to me. I got a flyer in the spring "service now in your area!" I called and got told "we don't provide service to your house." I explained the whole story about the manager coming out and the 300ft and that he said yes I could get service, please have them contact me. nothing. I called again and got told "we don't provide service to your house." again, I explained the whole story...nothing. I ran into an installer on my road and asked him, please have the local office get into contact with me (because they weren't answering their phone or returning my emails). nothing. I gave up on them and got a t-mobile wireless device. it didn't pick up enough signal strength to get connected to the internet, which was odd because it was still a hundred times more powerful than my dial-up. I returned that, and T-Mobile still billed me for the service despite my returning the device within the grace period. I called the internet company again. while I was on the phone with the guy, he called the local office and assured me they'd be getting back in touch with me. nothing. I finally went to the local office of my state senator, told them everything ive written here, and one of the very helpful and empathetic staffers wrote everyone he needed to and just last week an installer came out and ran cable connecting my house to their enclosure on the utility pole in my yard. in keeping with how frustrating the whole situation has been, I thankfully caught the fellow while he was leaving because he wasn't sure if he was in the right place or not. they hadn't told me he was coming. someone is supposed to come out early September to run it from outside, to inside. i'll be grateful to have it, but at the same time, its going to cost a small fortune. if you made it this far, thanks for reading!

she'll be comin' around the mountain by alfalfa and the little RASCALS. laughs...

Blog Entries
    I'm flabbergasted, bounty, I thought this kind of thing happened only in Brazil. But I can tell you what is the matter. You live in a rural property and have probably few neighbors, so the company has little interest in you as a client. Here in Sao Paulo we have mainly two companies who offer broadband for residences the other ones offer only broad5for cellphones. My street gets the service of only one of these companies. I tried also to get the service of the second company when they came to the big Copan building, on the other side of the Avenue, very new. With two companies one can bargain for better prices. They told me that to extend the cables they had to have at least 100 clients. My street is small and although there are several buildings most people already have broadband and would only change the company if they got a special price offer. So things remained as they were.
    I think if they don't keep their promise, the only way you will get your broadband is through political influence, which you tried already.
    I hope they'll keep their promise and install your broadband, because you are, and that you can tell them the only one of my acquaintances in the real and the virtual environment that still uses dialed internet.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    Man on the Silver Mountain - Rainbow
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

to pick up on what you were saying danik, the whole "rural" situation---there seems to be some population density consideration (like in your case) as well as the "census map" one I mentioned. the internet companies have to pay rent to use the utility poles and if there too few people relative to how much rent they have to pay, its a losing proposition for them. I suspect in my case, even though I don't like how much the service is going to cost, they will be losing money on me, but since the conditions of my property are a part of their contract with the state, they are nevertheless required to provide me with the service. I trust they'll complete the job, they've already made the time and resource investment to run the cable to the outside of my house. I love riding my bike but among other things, I wont miss having to ride it probably 30-40 times a year to the local library in order to use the internet properly.

silver spring by Fleetwood mac, right on the cusp of an eye-watering tune.

Blog Entries
    Probably the company is considering that you are already supplied with an internet (even if it is Jurassic). Well, as you say you have a right to a modern internet. It seems you donīt to have to use it for working but even so. For example, itīs months since I visited my bank. Since pandemics I use the internet to pay my bills. Maybe it would be time to see how your next neighbors are doing with the internet, if there would eventually be the possibility of a shared pool or a shared service.

Anyway that is the price you pay for living in a sort of paradise. If the region becomes to modern, more people will want to buy properties there, and with greater popular density, the animals will be driven into the thick of the woods.

Blog Entries
    Such a great song by an incomparable group

An odd one by Jeff Beck... Hi Ho Silver Lining - Jeff Beck
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

most of us are too far apart danik for any serious sharing of services. I don't think id really want that anyways. although I have one neighbor up the hill who lets the part time neighbor right next to him use his password.

my silver lining by first aid kit. danik, if youre out there reading this, I remember suggesting before you would like these guys. this one's a goodie by them.

Blog Entries
    Nice harmony

Silver Lining - Hurts
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015