Thread: Song Title Game

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cats are always very welcome, bounty!

Wild Cats of Kilkenny-The Pogues
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    Nashville Cats - The Lovin' Spoonful
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

well in keeping with your irish music pogues tune danik, the cat that ate the candle by altan.

you might enjoy hearing I lured a homeless cat into my house a few months ago when the weather got cold. she's camped out right now in front of my wood stove. ive named her spritzer.

Blog Entries
    Brief Candles - The Zombies
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

candle in the wind by Elton john. ya mighta saw that one comin'.

Blog Entries
    A warm stove? I think Spritzer must be enjoying the new home.
    Wind of Change-Scorpions.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    Yup

Ties in two of my favorite bands (though there are many): Winds of Change - Jefferson Starship
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I think for the most part she is danik, but lots of times when I go out to fetch wood, she'll be waiting right inside the door when I come back in, seemingly ready to bolt outside. I don't want to let her back out because ive been feeding birds on my porch.

dust in the wind the sarah Brightman live version which gives you goosebumps!

Blog Entries
    Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Another brick in the wall-Pink Floyd

@bounty. Seems you have got a problem there because stray cats will go out (but possibly it will come back). Maybe you´llfind a higher place to feed the birds, else your symphaties will bounce between cat and birds.

oh for sure she'd come back. she spent all last year sleeping under my house. there really isn't another place I could feed the birds, unless I got a bird feeder, but even then a bunch of the food ends up on the ground. im okay keeping her in the house until the weathers better and the birds can fend more easily for themselves.

my neighbor across the road puts something out in her backyard for the critters and there is a daily stream of deer and turkey that visit her place.

I totally disagree with the "we don't need no education", love the "we don't need no thought control" and there is a lot of unfortunate truth to "all in all youre just another brick in the wall."

goodbye yellow brick road by Elton john. makes me wonder if there is some connection between that song and the wizard of oz.

Blog Entries
    It´s not easy. In winter animals go where the food is and the kind humans that feed them. Here one major has published a disagreable law punishing who feeds the doves on Roosevelt place, but even so they get their grains and look well fed.

I also disagree with the "we don´t need no education" part. If you saw the news about Brazil on January, 8 you´ll understand what I mean.

“Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver

there is a small lake nearby where apparently its "illegal" or at least very frowned upon to feed the ducks but im pretty confident and happy that's at least somewhat ignored.

one of the problems here is I have a neighbor with a male outside cat. I live out in the country and its the bane of such people everywhere to have animals abandoned at or near their properties. when its a female cat, the outside male cat, who isn't fixed, finds them, and the problem is exacerbated. I asked the spca to make contact with my neighbor to see about getting him neutered but they wouldn't do it. they suggested I do it instead. my response was hey, she's my neighbor and I have to live next to her, I cant upset the apple cart.

I can say with prophylactic caution danik---its important not to confuse differences in social/political philosophy or even behavior with education in the strictest sense. in fact, that's very much what's being identified with (and condemned) by the "another brick in the wall" line.

I saw john Denver in concert when I was in college. it was great!

please please please hunt up the orchestral version of country roads from the kingsman: golden circle movie. its fantastic!

thank god im a country boy still by john Denver.

Blog Entries
    I'll try to find it

Going Up The Country - Canned Heat
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Long Haired Country Boy by Charlie Daniels Band-The lyrics don´t much recomend that song but I have difficulty finding my way through all the adds of Opera. The other song I chose was worse because the country boy had a gun!

@bounty-Hope the ducks get feed after all. You are totally right I wouldn´t talk to the neighbour about neutering his cat. Neighbours one doesn´t choose but one has to live with them, sometimes for a long time.