Thread: Unintended

Smile Unintended by ScarlettEclipse

This is something random that I've started to work on for fun and really wanted to share it. I don't know why, it's nothing serious but I'd really like to have some thoughts. This is only the prolouge but don't worry I'll post more later (if u like it, that is) Thanks from the authour.

Prolouge

Dear Reader,

My name is Lacrima Mosa and I have a few things to explain before I start to tell my story. I’ve always loathed reminiscing in my devastating past. There are too many heart wrenching memories to bear. I lost everything, in my past, I’ve left behind too many things that could have been but never were. So much loss. People came and went, homes disappeared while all the material items I held dear were lost. It was as if a monstrous fire engulfed everything that I loved.

But…but the worst was the loss of this one person…and…and it was all my fault. I-I pulled the trigger; everything was out of control. It had been from the beginning; the situation was never in my control and by the time this came to my realization, it was too late. Tragedy was already hanging in the air, waiting but still even then I would not accept that fact. To me, I had everything under control all thanks to my arrogance. And so, I lost everything. Everything. No matter how hard I tried to fight, in the end, my character was still had that major flaw. If only...if only I had known then all of those events could have-would have flowed differently. Then maybe I could have had a happy ending but things don’t work that way.

Therefore, knowing that, I have managed to sit myself down and reflect on my past. Somewhere I discovered the ability to write everything down. It was hard but at least, I have done this without feeling satisfied, there if a purpose for my writing. See it’s too late for me to have a happy ending, what has happened has happened and that’s how it is always going to be. The game of fate has already played out and not even a time machine will be able to stop change those events. So please, if you take the time out of your own schedule to read this then please, please heed my mistakes. Please, please learn from those mistakes. Let me be satisfied in knowing that out of everything I’ve don wrong…I’ve at least done one thing right. Let me be happy for a change. Let me atone.

Thank you Reader,

Lacrima Mosa
    Last edited by ScarlettEclipse; 05-01-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: To make it easier on the eyes

There is more to the story...this is just it for now

Unintended Part One: Chapter 1-2

Part One:
    Star-Crossed
    “The night opens her lap
    The child's name is loneliness
    It is cold and motionless
    I cry softly into time
    I don't know what your name is
    But I know that you exist
    I know that sometime
    someone will love me
    He comes to me every night
    No words are left to say
    With his hands around my neck
    I close my eyes and pass away
    I don't know who he is
    In my dreams he does exist
    His passion is a kiss
    And I can not resist
    I wait here
    Don't die before I do
    I wait here
    Don't die before I do
    I don't know who you are
    I know that you exist
    Don't die
    Sometimes love seems so far
    I wait here
    Your love I can't dismiss
    I wait here”
    -Don’t Die Before I Do (English Translation) Rammstein

The Background Info

My life is nothing like yours and that’s a fact. (At least I sure hope it is.) I’m pretty darn special or at least, I was at one time many, many, many years ago when I was a young woman. I was an assassin bred for perfection and I was perfect. Let me repeat that, I was perfect. Helen of Troy would envy my beauty; I had a stunning body that looked as if angels carved it out of marble, only their delicate hands could create such beauty. I had brilliant blue eyes that could be described as prestigious sapphires. And I had this long, silky raven black hair that cascaded over my shoulders; there have been occasions where I swear some chicks tried to scalp me because they were that jealous. Many people have told me that I was a perfect ten and quite the force to be reckoned with. And all that beauty stuff came in use when I had to go out on missions. Remember I was an assassin, so I was this perfect predator because men were highly attracted to me. Oh, and that was all the stuff on the outside. That’s the attract part of this whole attract and kill thing that I was created for.

Well ok moving right along ‘cause I don’t really want to bore you to death but really, you need to know this. It’s not me bragging about how perfect I am. Really. Ok, yeah so as I was saying, moving right along. I was a pretty tough chick that could stand me own ground when in battle. That and here comes the weird part, I was super fast, I was also super strong and I had this awesome ability to sense if anybody else in the area had special abilities. So now you are probably wondering why I can do such things. And FYI, I don’t care if you aren’t wondering why or if you just don’t care because I’m explaining this anyhow. Alright.
    As I’ve said before, I was this incredible assassin and it was my job to kill any possible threats. That is why I had the ability to sense the super power people. Almost like Spidey Sense but that whole ‘tingling’ thing is when a person like Superman is standing close to me. But of course, the people aren’t superheroes, they were supervillains. A danger to the entire human race. But since there were so many people like that there was also a bunch of us (I was the best). There was a bunch of us and together we worked to assassinate any potential threats.
    And so the story begins…

It Was Scarlett Then

It was morning but I didn’t feel like waking up at all. I was up all day yesterday, the day before that and so on. Today was Saturday so if normal people get off why can’t I? The world doesn’t need to be saved every single minute of the day because it gets screwed the next second. So it can just wait until I’m more awake. But hey my life sucks so obviously somebody had to come on in and wake me up. This guy, Kaige who was my partner in ‘crime’ came into my room shaking me until I woke up. Grumbling, I sat up swinging an arm to chase him away but Kaige remained at the side of my bed. The whole time, he stood there laughing while looking down at me. I sat up wiping my eyes while yawning while looking at him.

“What?” I barked at him, shoving him away from my bed. “Can a girl get her beauty sleep around here?”

“No,” chuckled Kaige. “We have to get going ‘cause well Zane gave us a job.”

“Lovely,” I uttered some sarcastic poison. “Get out, I need to change.”

“You have a few minutes, Eclipse,” replied Kaige leaving the room. Ok, so now you must be wondering why he called me Eclipse. Well that is because he could never recall my name so he always called me Eclipse…naw, I lied. Actually, when I was born, I did not get a name like everybody else in the world. None of us did so we ended up choosing our own names so a lot of them turned out to be real strange, which is a story that I’m not going to get into. So back then, my name was Scarlett Eclipse and Kaige only called me Eclipse whenever he wanted to piss me off. Back to the story. Kaige left me room allowing me to get ready.

Within no time, I stepped outside finding Kaige standing there waiting for my arrival. He grinned when he saw me standing there. “See now was that so bad?” I teased him, playfully punching his shoulder. “Not all girls take a million hour to prepare for the day.”

“Well it did take you a million seconds so that million is still in there,” chuckled Kaige. “Now come on, we are behind schedule already because you took so long at getting dressed.”

“Yeah, yeah whatever Kaige. Let’s go kick some ***, I’m bored, you got me out of bed,” I told him. I pulled out a gun loading it with several bullets while Kaige stood there gazing at me. “What’s that look for? Haven’t you ever seen a gun before?”
    “I’m trying to figure out where you got that from?” teased Kaige before walking away.

I tucked my weapon away before pulling out another smaller gun from under my pants leg. Always keep something extra at the ankles; that was one of the things I picked up from working with Kaige. Nobody ever looks there even though you’d think that would be one of the first places they searched. The gun was hidden well enough for us.

“So who is our target today?” I asked Kaige as I took him out into our car. It was this totally hot red, sports car convertible thing that went uber fast. Obviously, it was my car because of how amazing it was. I leapt over the car door landing in the driver’s seat pulling out a pair of keys from my pocket to start it. Kaige walked around the one side to sit down beside me. “Hello the amazing Scarlett Eclipse is not a psychic.”

“Guess that means your not so amazing,” commented Kaige. “And who ever told you that you were amazing? Or the best? It is obviously, me.”

“Since when?” I giggled speeding away even though I didn’t have any directions yet. It didn’t hurt considering the fact that both Kaige and moi would be able to sense if anybody had abilities in the area. “Ok, forget that ‘cause we are gonna debate later. Now tell me who’s *** we’re gonna kick and where the hell they are.”

“I thought that women weren’t supposed to curse.”

“I didn’t curse. No fork over the info and then maybe I’ll watch the language.”

“So you just admitted that you cursed.”

“Golly-gee, Kaige, I never realized how obnoxious you were.”

“Ok so we are looking for a man named, Aaron Anderson and he is half goat or something bizarre like that. I don’t know exactly but apparently he owns some nightclub and is bringing in all this cash.”

“Why is he some horrible threat? I don’t follow.”

“He has a lot of money and all he is, is a freak.”

“Um ok guess that’s a pretty darn good reason to kill him. Is that what Zane really said or are you looking for some excuse to go to some stupid nightclub?” In return, Kaige nodded instead of saying anything. “What is that a yes to?”

We both burst into laughter. I loved Kaige. You’ve probably been wondering that about us, we sort of were in a relationship. When I said that Kaige was my partner it was more then for working. We were supposed to mate, at least so to speak, not literally in those animalistic terms. A nicer way of putting it would be that Kaige and I were boyfriend and girlfriend, and we had a very serious relationship. Life without Kaige would be horrendous especially considering I have never gone one without him. From the beginning of our time, Kaige and I were inseparable.

“It’s yes to what Zane said and maybe-just maybe the reason why I chose this one was because we could get some action. Come on, you cannot be perfectly happy with this life that we have,” explained Kaige.

“Yeah I’m not because there are people like you who wake me up at…one in the afternoon,” I said while looking at the clock. Then I took an abrupt turn into a fast food restaurant. A car slammed on their brakes while the owner hit the horn but hey, what can I say, as long as Kaige and me are ok…I don’t give a damn. “I’m starving, kids in Africa have probably eaten more meals than I have within the past like twelve hours.”

“I don’t think they really…”

“I was being funny!” I protested but Kaige still didn’t laugh. If it matter, I thought it was hilarious. “Come on, it’s funny because you know people don’t eat in Africa because they are dirt poor.”

“It was sort of mean but um I guess it was funny,” replied Kaige.

“Do you realty care about the starving kids in Africa?” I retorted.

“No, as long as I have food I’m happy and I don’t care about anybody else,” replied Kaige. “You?”

“Same.” Ok…you’re probably thinking that we are horrible, horrible people for saying such things. It’s just that life for an assassin is tough. You are up pretty much twenty-four seven. And at that time, I that I cared about was myself and Kaige. It was our way of survival with facing some sort of danger everyday. If I began to show mercy then what would happen? I’d be killed because I stopped being this perfect assassin.

“I’ll take a cheeseburger, fries and coke to drink,” Kaige told me as I pulled up to the part where you spoke in. “And I want a salad, some chicken nuggets and some ice cream sounds good. Can you make that a large coke by the way.”

So I ordered all his stuff and I ordered what I wanted, which was pretty much the same. Instead of a large coke, I got a medium Sprite. The whole idea of Coke was disgusting. The drink is practically black and stains your teeth but guess it didn’t really matter. I got enough exercise to keep my perfect figure. Once we got our food, I pulled off to the side while Kaige explained everything to me about this goat guy that we were supposed to find. But it turns out it would be better to go later…so wow, I could have slept in even later. Oh well, best not to linger in the past. Anyhow, Kaige and I were going to get all dressed up to attend this nightclub because that was what we did. Sort of. But that was one of my favorite parts, I could be anybody who I wanted to be. And it is always fun to be other people even though I personally, like myself best considering how amazing I was.

While we were driving away I hit the disc player button blasting some music that some would never imagine me listening to. It was heavy Germanic metal that had an amazing beat along with some guy yelling and singing in German. What more could you ask for? Well maybe, I could ask for the gift of understanding what they were saying. But hey, that’s ok ‘cause I know a word here and there. Both Kaige and me started to sing along any way having no idea what in the world we were saying.
    Last edited by ScarlettEclipse; 04-30-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: I wanted to make things easier on the eyes

Cool Unintended Part One: Chapter Three

Around October

Meanwhile, there were some more interesting things happening across the city. It was a Saturday and all but not all people had off that day. So at least I wasn’t the only one. There was this guy named October. (But at that moment, October and I were complete strangers but that night, fate would bring us together.) That day October, got a late start to his business. He lived in a small apartment above his office with his little brother, Iggy and his little sister, Verona but everybody called her Free because her middle name was Freedom. Let’s just say their parents had a peculiar taste in names.

Anyhow, October was running around the small officer area that they owned. It was only two rooms, the waiting room then his office because he had some sort of detective private practice thingy. While he was trying to prepare everything for the day, Iggy came running into the room with a piece of paper.

“October! October! Look at what I drew! It’s you! It’s you!” exclaimed Iggy paying no attention to the fact that October was too busy to look. He was in midst of making coffee for any customer that might happen to walk in that day. “October?! Look! Why won’t you look?”

“Hold on…give me a seconds,” ordered October trying to figure everything out. “Where is Free? This is her job.”

“She’s asleep and it’s over a second and you still haven’t not looked at my picture!” Iggy began to whine. He was real little about four while Free was thirteen and October was eighteen. “October?!”

Free walked into the office area while yawning. She went over to a small area turning on a large CD player before blasting the music. Then she moved past October into the next room where their fridge was. “Who wants what?”

“I can’t figure out how to set this up,” October told Free.

“Too bad, it’s your job now,” she laughed pulling out some toaster strudels. “Ok I’m choosing now ‘cause there is only one thing that we have.”

“Come on, Free! It’s your job to fix the coffee maker.”

“October?! October?! Look at my picture.”

“Fine, fine I’ll take care of it in a minute.”

“And turn down that music,” ordered October, “it’s gonna scare the people.”

“I highly doubt any of those creepy crawlies are gonna be scared of a little bit of heavy metal. Not even, it’s more like opera metal or something like that,” laughed Free.

“Well I’m changing it to something a lot nicer,” said October walking over to the CD player and changed it. “Muse is a much nicer band.”

“Yeah especially in that one song where they say ‘I hope you burn in hell,’” sarcastically commented Free coming over to the coffee maker and started it. “There are you happy now, you, the only guy on earth who does not drink coffee now has coffee.”

“It’s not for me,” growled October.

“October?! October?! Look at my picture!” whined Iggy.

“WHAT?!” shouted October whipping around to look at the picture.
    There Iggy stood holding up a picture that was drawn with multiple different colors and still was on an elementary level. Instantly, October hung there gazing at the picture unsure what he should do. “It’s a portrait of you! I hope that you like it, I’ve been working on it all morning while you were asleep. Yeah, I drew it from memory.”

Gently, October took it from his little brother’s hand continuing to gaze at it. “…Th-thank you…” he struggled to say. “I’ll hang it on the wall of my office.” Therefore, he took Iggy into the next room where he took out some tape from a small brown desk. It didn’t take long to have a small piece that he used to hang the picture on the pain, hideous yellow wall. “Doesn’t that look nice, now?”

“October!” Free started to shout.

Shaking his head, he walked back into the other room to see that somebody was standing there. It was a short man who wore a long dark brown coat that covered his whole body. “Is this the place to find October Hunt?”

“No, this is October November,” sarcastically replied Free.

“Take Iggy upstairs before you scare off the customers,” ordered October. Without saying anything, she took their little brother upstairs away from everything. “Well and who are you?”

“My name is Aaron Anderson and I really, really need your help,” he replied. For a few seconds, they remained in the same spot. October was listening to the footsteps of his siblings as they went upstairs. “Are those your kids?”

“My little brother and sister,” replied October. Then with a slight laugh, “I’m not that old and I’m not that stupid. Besides I don’t have any time to ‘hang’ around and have fun. You could say that I’m not the type that dates a lot.”

“You’re kidding,” teased Aaron. “Have you ever had a girlfriend before?”

“Yes, actually just last year I had a girlfriend but then something came up…and I ended up having to move. After that, it was all up to me to take care of Free and Iggy,” explained October. “Alright, enough of my sob story and please tell me what is going on.” Next, he led Aaron into the officer where he sat behind a desk looking all-professional even though he was very young. “Ok so what exactly do you need help with? Missing person? Et cetera, et cetera?”

“Et cetera, et cetera…there is this guy who is after me called Zane. And see Zane is this guy who hires assassins and rumor has it that there are some out to get me,” explained Aaron. “You should know who this Zane guy is, I’m actually surprised that he has yet to send anybody after you.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well Zane’s job is to kill supernatural creatures when they may possibly pose a threat in the future. This way they can be defeated before anything happens. It all started after the first and only other empath ever showed up on earth. The guy was too strong and knew that he could overpower everybody else. Therefore, he started killing, took over in the end Zane found a way of killing him, it was by overwhelming him…the guy just blew up. Now years and years later, Zane has a whole bunch of these assassins that he bred for perfection. It’s pretty awesome actually.”

For a few seconds, the only thing that October could do was sit there fearfully gawking at him. “What? Why would he want to kill me…I haven’t done anything wrong while you-you on the other hand could be filthy with all those casinos, nightclubs or whatever you own.”

“It has nothing to do with what you have done; it is what they think you will do in the future. Therefore, I would think that you would be a number one target or something along those lines considering everything with you being an empath and all,” explained Aaron. October looked down at his desktop as all the color blanched from his face. “I’m sure that you are going to be fine.”

“If I take this job and protect you against these people; won’t they then try to kill me?” he started to question.

“Yes,” mumbled Aaron, shaking his head.

“I-I don’t want to sound selfish…but I-I can’t die,” October slightly started to panic before he lowered his voice. “Ig-Ig and Free…I’m the only person that they’ve got…our-our parents died last year and they were left to me to take care of.” There was a long pause while he tried to catch his breath. “Look, I am willing to do this but…I don’t know what to do…I don’t want them to know.”

“You really don’t have to come out and help.” Aaron stood up putting out a hand but October did not shake his hand so he tucked it away into his pocket. “I’m guessing that you hate me now for bringing up this fear.”

“…We really need the money,” October started to shake his head while he muttered. “There is no money for food, school supplies or clothes and-and they both need all of that stuff.”

“But is it going to be worth it in the end?” asked Aaron. “I might get you into some serious trouble.”

“…I can stand my own ground, I’m the superhero here not the damsel in distress,” he finally replied standing up, shaking Aaron’s hand. “You’ve got yourself a bodyguard.” But Aaron just stood there gazing at October without blinking once. “Is there something wrong?”

“No,” muttered Aaron pulling his hand away from October’s. “Alright so I guess you need to get ready to leave.”

“Yeah…yeah.” Slowly, October left him alone in the room to prepare.

While he was alone, he started to shake his head with a large frown one his face now. “What have I done,” mumbled Aaron, “putting that kid in danger for my own selfish reasons. God damn it! Why do I have to be so ego centric at times.”

October came back into the room ready to leave, he wore the same thing as before. Just now he had a single gun that he was currently loading. “I’m ready to go,” he said to Aaron. “Lead the way, I don’t know where I’m going.”

A forced smile spread across Aaron’s face and he led the way out of the building.

*Please leave thoughts, comments, suggestions and thoughts on all the characters...if you are able to. Thanks from the authour.*

Smile Chapter Four...I think...

Touched

Later, Kaige and I arrived at Aaron Anderson’s totally awesome nightclub. Apparently, it was the place to be and Kaige was familiar with it, a little too familiar with it actually. When we went inside, I lost him to his favorite old pastime, obtaining STDs. Growing upset, I walked away from him and Hepatitis knowing it would be up to me to take care of this Aaron guy. The jerk. At times, he could be the nicest person I knew but then in a flash, he was a compete monster.

While I pushed my way through an obnoxious crowd of people, I shrugged off the fact that I could sense a few supernatural creatures here and there. But then there was an abrupt, sudden painful blast. I looked up through a tiny path in the crowd to see a man sitting at the bar. He was unnaturally handsome with alabaster skin that made me think of the Hellenic sculptures. Strangely, he had this interesting, disheveled auburn curls that made me think of autumn leaves. While I stood there for a few seconds, the corners of my vision started to grow black as pain pulsed through my body. Then of course the guy had to turn and look at me. I gazed straight into his serene golden brown eyes that had a slight emerald tinge to them. All of the people, floors et cetera faded away from me except the beautiful man and the music. Some reason the music seemed to sing to me like some sort of siren call. The handsome man stood up starting to approach me.

The razors and the dying roses
    Plead I don't leave you alone
    The demi-gods and hungry ghosts
    Oh god, god knows I'm not at home
    I'll never find someone quite like you again
    I'll never find someone quite like you again
    I, I looked into your eyes and saw
    A world that does not exist
    I looked into your eyes and saw
    A world I wish I was in
    (Touched by VAST)

Next thing I knew, everything went black. The guy was so powerful, he was off the charts and that whole spidey sense thingy went insane. Anyhow, it only took me a few seconds to regain consciousness. When my eyes opened, I gazed straight into those placid eyes of the mysterious guy. He was leaning above me saying something but I couldn’t figure out what it was at first. The pain from him being too close continued to pulse through my body; it slowly died down though allowing me to hear what he was saying at the moment.

“Somebody call for an ambulance and get me an ice pack!” shouted the guy. He picked me up, carrying me in this gentle cradling position as he came over to the bar setting me down on a stool. The bar tender handed him an ice pack, which he pressed against the back of my head where I fell. “Hello? Hello? Miss are you alright?”

“I’m fine! I’m fine!” I abruptly blurted finally able to gather myself. Then I took the ice pack away from him, pressing it against my head. “I’m fine! I’m fine! I’m fine!” It was the only thing that I could manage to say. I was too tongue tied to say anything else to him. You would be too if you were the one in my situation. “I’m fine! I’m fine!”

The guy smiled pushing some of the hair out of my face. All the strands ended up hanging behind my ears so that he could see my face. “Well obviously, you remember at least those two words. Do you remember your name by chance?”

Who should I be? Who should I be…I couldn’t be Scarlett Eclipse the assassin. So, I could be anybody I wanted to be but-but I didn’t want that. That was something that I never wanted to have to go through with this guy. But still, there was no way that I could be Scarlett Eclipse, so I chose the first name that popped into my head. It was something that I saw showing on the TV. (And it was pretty lame.) “Maximum Force,” I gawked still tongue tied. “But-but um call me Max.”

“Max is a boy’s name,” chuckled the guy.

“Do you remember your name?” I teased.

“October Hunt,” he smiled.

“That’s a month’s name,” I teased.

“Are you going to be alright?”

But I sat there gawking at him while I repeated his name in my head over and over again. October had a sweet little ring to it. October…October…October…a warm feeling erupted in my heart.

October pulled a stool beside me while I sat there too stunned to say anything. My eyes were glued to his gentle, round baby-face as his disheveled auburn curls fell into his face. His name was perfect because it matched how he looked, his hair made me think too much of autumn leaves.
    “I’ll be…fine,” I told him shaking my head.

“Can you see straight?” he asked me.

“Yeah…yeah…I’m fine! I’m fine!” I continued to exclaim. “You can leave.”

He looked over his shoulder at something. Next, his gaze fell back upon me with a huge grin plastered across his face. “I think that I’m going to stay a little longer. Do you want me to grab you some water?”

“I’m fine! I’m fine!”

“I’m fine! I’m fine!” mocked October as he playfully shoved my shoulder. “You just passed out, hit your head on the ground…and all you can say is ‘I’m fine’ when your far away from being fine. So now, do you want any water and an ambulance to accompany it?”

“No really, I’m fine, I have a thick head,” I continued to protest but when I stood up, I almost collapsed. Luckily, October caught me so that he could sit me down again. This was the part where I began to feel like the damsel in distress. “Ok so maybe I’m not exactly ‘fine’ but I don’t need an ambulance. Give me a minute or two.”

“Fine, fine I’ll be nice and take your word for it. So…um…I don’t know how to say this or if it’s changed at all…but um do you have a phone number?”

“Do you?” I asked. Great…what was I to do because nobody could know about this guy. I didn’t want him to get hurt. “See I just moved here, so I’ll call you first.”

“Um-um yeah sort of,” October struggled to reply. A business card was pulled out of his pocket while his cheeks turned scarlet, which was funny because of how his skin look more like marble. “I live where I work. There is this nice opening underneath my desk where I can sleep at night.”

“Um cool…I-I guess,” I laughed. “Is there room for two?”

“Oh um…um…” October started to gasp as his cheeks turned even brighter.

“I’m kidding.”

“Well ok, I don’t really live under my desk, there was a room are above my office so that’s where I live,” explained October. “I-I have…to go now…sorry.”

“Please don’t leave!” I begged grabbing onto his arm. Me the helpless girls in love at first sight. A Juliet Capulet…to think, we should all know where this is heading. Maybe October and I were actually star-crossed lovers. “I-I would like you to stay with me.” So October stayed with me.

“Do you-you want to um dance?” asked October with this cheeks turning to a brighter and brighter shade of scarlet.

“Sounds wonderful,” I smiled.

Gently, he helped me to my feet. We floated toward the dance floor but Kaige abruptly popped out of nowhere only to pass out. Yeah, October was that powerful. But anyhow, he leapt into action helping Kaige not realizing that we were wolves in sheep disguises. The poor, innocent, naïve guy. I knelt down beside him.

“Wow, I must be real ugly because that’s the second time somebody has looked at me and swooned,” laughed October.

“No, it’s actually because you’re just that good looking,” I teased him.

It took about the same amount of time for Kaige to resuscitate. When he did, October got a little too close trying to keep him calm but I could tell that he was not happy at all about there being such a strong empath infringing on our territory. “Hello?” October sort of questioned him.

I pushed October to the side before Kaige decided to maul him. That would be devastating. “Hey brother, don’t worry, I have everything under control.” Hopefully, that would calm him down because some times we simply jump into action. It’s too fearsome of an impulse to ignore. We had to discuss this with Zane.

“Is he your brother?” There was a puzzled aura around October while he knelt there. “No, don’t answer that because I already know the answer. You just called him your brother so he has to be your brother.”

Kaige stood up while giving poor October a bone-grinding glare. “And who are you?” he barked with a lot more ferocity then the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.

Ignoring Kaige’s rude brusque fashion of speaking; October kept a smile on his face and put out a hand. “Hi, I’m October.” Kaige would not touch his hand therefore, he let it fall to his side. “And you are?”

“What’s your whole name?” hissed Kaige in a vitriolic fashion.

“Huh?” asked October feeling awfully confused. Some how though, he managed to remain sangfroid state, which was a good thing around Kaige. Like I said before, occasionally, impulses conquered over reason. “I’m sorry, I don’t think I follow.”

“My brother likes to run searches on all the guys that I…” but I trailed away realizing that I led him straight into danger. This was a problem because-because….when I say October the first time…I fell in love with him. All I wanted was to be with him, to hug him, to hold him, to be within his presence. I loved October!

“Um ok then…should I give him a fake name?” October asked me while chuckling. But it wasn’t funny, this was serious yet he couldn’t know that.

“No!” shouted Kaige with such intensity that it frightened the smile off October’s face. “What is your name?”

“October Eclipse Hunt,” he swiftly replied, “look I’m not dangerous…” (Well not now, I guess.) “…and I’ll probably never see Maximum again…well I’d like to but really what are the chances.”

“Very low…” I replied real disappointed. All that I wanted to do was be with him without any heinous intentions. This whole assassin thing was starting to disgust me. I was cursed to a loveless life. We could never be in love, I was the hero and he was the villain. That never works out and everybody knows that. Sometime soon, Zane will send me out to assassinate him even though I love him.

October stood there gazing into my eyes while I gazed into his. His jaw drop as if he were going to say something but then the last person I wanted to see barged into our little meeting. The only reason why October was brought here tonight, the only reason why our paths crossed was because…he was working for Aaron Anderson.

“Body guards aren’t much help when they wander off to pick up women,” teased Aaron before looking at me. He wrapped an arm around October’s neck as a friendly gesture. “Now who is this? Mr. Hunt, do you happen to be a lady’s man? Because you do realize that bros come before hoes.”

There was a long hiatus before he managed to answer the question. “…No-no…n-no” exclaimed October as his cheeks turned to a vibrant scarlet color.

“Hi, I’m Maximum,” I said shaking Aaron’s hand. “And from a lady, October here is a lady’s man or more along of the lines of being a chivalrous knight. I fell unconscious and he was the only one who helped me.”

“That’s nice to know. At least my body guard is protecting someone,” comment Aaron, playfully knocking him on the back of the head. “A shame it’s not the one who is paying him. So, I’m sorry to take away your knight in shining armor but hey come on, I am paying him to protect me.”

“You’re a body guard?” Kaige raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah so you better watch out,” teased Aaron. “October might sneak up on you.”

Some reason, at that moment, I felt like sobbing at the thought of fighting him. He appeared to notice my change of emotions while I stood there biting my lip. Our eyes met but mine were filled to the brim with pain that I sure hoped he’d never comprehend. Our fates would lead into some sort of irrevocable tragedy all because of me being an assassin and him being an empath. Poor October gazed at me ungodly confused, his jaw dropped to say some comforting words. Except no words fell from his mouth.

“Bye October,” I whispered to him. “Please…please be careful. Secretly, that mean something more along the lines of ‘don’t let us kill you’ or ‘don’t die before I de.’ It’s almost like in Romeo and Juliet where she realized that her deepest love had erupted from her most fearsome hate. Or something a long those lines.

“Bye,” whispered October shyly waving to me. Then he left with Aaron constantly looking over his shoulder at me.

I lingered there unable to say anything as Kaige took charge. Somebody was a little too excited about meeting a true to life empath. He led me out of the club while I kept my eyes on October who continued to watch me. Then I lost eye contact when a door slammed shut in my face It was almost silent, some music leaked through the doors.

And we’ll fly
    And we’ll fall
    And we’ll burn
    No one will recall
    No one will recall
    This is the last time
    I’ll abandon you
    And this is the last
    Time I’ll forget you
    Look to the stars
    And let hope burn in
    Your eyes
    And we’ll love
    And we’ll hate
    And we’ll die
    All to no avail
    All to no avail
    (Stockholm Syndrom by Muse)

“Hey Scarlett? I’m talking to you!” barked Kaige. I had been listening close to all the words unable to focus on the nonsense he had been uttering. They lyrics reminded me a little too much of October and I for some awkward reason. “Did you hear a word that I just said or are you off in some sort of la la land?” Kaige could be an obscenely astute man at times, which always drove me insane.

“No,” I flatly replied folding my arms over my chest. “What?!” Nobody could now that I yearned to be with October, my love. “What did you say that was so important that you had to insult me on an elementary level?”

“Forget Aaron, we have to report this news to Zane. An empath…wow…” Kaige shook his head. That’s-that’s a scary thought.”

“…Yeah…yeah…” I whispered but I was more afraid of my emotions harming me or something along those lines. Love was a frightening thing. Then I realized that I still held onto his address and number, which already Kaige had seen. I had thought it was tucked away out of sight. “He is um amazing.”

“What is that?” asked Kaige stealing the card from me. “You incredible cocktease. You got the guy’s number. You sure are brilliant.”

“Come on, let’s ditch this place!” I barked now annoyed with him. I forced my feet to move so that we could leave that-that place.

Smile Two more chapters

Hysteria

Much, much later, October watched Aaron clean up a few last things to close up for the night. He closed everything down a little earlier that night due to the fact there was an umbrage of fear hanging over the night club. Finally, Aaron came to a stop looking at him.

“So really, who was that chick you were talking to?” asked Aaron.

“I don’t know,” smiled October while looking at his hands. “Why?”

“I think that guy she was with was may have been one of Zane’s assassins, his name is Kaige,” explained Aaron. “I think he was distracted tonight with that dame hanging around him though.”

“Dame? I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody say that before. And she said that that guy was her brother not some man whore she picked up at the bar.”

“He was too pissed to be a brother. That guy was ready to tear your throat out; probably was a one night stand or something. Or they both are in cahoots with Zane, maybe you’ve just been hoodwinked.”

“Shut up!” snapped October. “Alright, I’m a hundred percent that Maximum and her brother are human but if it makes you happy…I’ll keep an eye on him. But the two are human brother and sister.”

“So what are you going to tell her? Sometime soon you are going to have to explain to that girl that you really are some empathic mutant freak. Maybe she’ll freak or kill you…because she has to be an assassin!”

“No! She’s a normal girl, a homo sapien! She’s too weak to be an assassin…she has to…I know…” protested October. He leaned forward burying his face in his hands while moaning. “What time is it?” he groaned.

“One in the morn.”

“I’ve got to get home to put my brother to bed. He won’t fall asleep without me telling him a story or singing him a son.” He stood up and walked away. But Aaron stopped him, handing him some money. “Thanks.”

“Well I have to, don’t I?” chuckled Aaron. “I might stop by tomorrow in need of help again and-and…” there was a short pause. “And be careful, please. Don’t get into any trouble ‘cause I’d never forgive myself.”

“Cool,” muttered October before leaving. He took the tube back home. There he found Iggy and Free dancing around to some music in the waiting room. He smiled as he strolled into the room. “Greetings, I come in peace.”

“It’s about time, October!” teased Free running over to him. He handed the money to her while grinning. “We were about to start a search party.”

Laughing, October kissed her on the forehead. “Calm down, mi-lady, I warned you that I’m a party animal and would be out late.” Next, he walked over to Iggy lifting him onto his shoulders. “Ready for bed, Ig?”

“Never!” he giggled.

“Too bad,” laughed October taking him through a small door that led upstairs. “Do you want to listen to a story tonight?”

“As always!” laughed Iggy.

“Um ok…so where did we leave off last time with our hero?”

“That guy Luke asked him for help and he said yes.”

“Well Jasper said yes to Luke because he needed the money. And this Luke guy was filthy rich. Therefore, the next day, Jasper went out to help him find his beloved daughter.” October made it upstairs to the one room that they all slept in. He laid Iggy down on his bed. “It wasn’t hard finding Luke’s daughter, the hard part came later.”

“Keep going!”

“Jasper found the girl inside of a room with nothing holding her there. She was curled up in a corner as if that were going to help protect her. Jasper went up to her.”

“‘I’m here to help you, come with me if you wish to live,’ he said to her. The daughter latched onto him and they started to run away. Still, things were easy, too easy. Jasper knew that something was up.”

“When they were about to leave, the man who stole the girl…no, it was a woman. She stepped out, forcing them to a halt. Jasper met her eyes preparing to fight but instead something else happened. It was as if somebody had dropped an anvil on him, it was love at first sight…”

October shook his head, trailing away. He looked down to see that Iggy was asleep. After all, it was past one in the morning. Next, he went downstairs. Already Free had changed the music but it didn’t matter anymore. It was way too late for customers to come in so it didn’t matter that it was loud and scary.

“Hey Free,” October called out to her. She was on the ground counting the money for them. “I think that I’m going to need your help with something…” he trailed away again, just standing there.

It’s calling me
    Crawling in
    And twisting me around
    I’m endlessly, caving in
    And turning inside out
    ‘Cause I want it now
    I want it now
    Give me your heart and your soul
    I’m breaking out
    I’m breaking down
    Last chance to loose control
    (Hysteria by Muse)

“What? October! What do you need help with?” asked Free her anger started to aggrandize. “October?!”

“Sorry…sorry…”

“Are you tired? We can talk tomorrow.”

“No, no I was listening to the song, just thinking,” quickly replied October. “I’m gonna be in the office.” He stumbled away into then next room closing the door. Sitting down, October pulled out an old, bulky lap top from under a crummy desk.

Free came bursting into the room. “October Eclipse Hunt, what is going on?!”

“Don’t call me that,” he replied starting the computer. “You’re not the mother around here. I am, I’m Mr. Mom. And I’m the father. I’m the big cheese so only I can refer to people by their first, middle and last name.”
    “What happened tonight?”

“Nothing, nothing…I-I…just met a girl, but that doesn’t matter because we’ll never see each other again,” blurted October.

His sister began to scream as she raced around the desk to throw her arms around him. “I can’t believe it! What’s her name?! See I told you that you could talk like a girl to me and only me.”

October tossed a notepad at Free while laughing hysterically. Next, he took on a mocking high pitch voice. “I know! You like so like know me!”
    And she threw the notepad back at her brother. “I like so don’t like sound like that,” teased Free. “Ok so really, what’s her name? I’m dying to know.”

“Maximum Force,” gaily grinned October.

“Maximum Force?” frowned Free, shaking her head. “Tober, she’s pulling your leg; come on, who names a kid that?”

“Your name is Verona Freedom Hunt, I’m October Eclipse Hunt and our brother is Ichabod Crane Hunt…so what’s our point on the name Maximum Force?” retorted October. He gripped the desk so hard that his knuckles turned bright white. The lights in the room started to flicker. “You really need to learn how to hold your tongue, Verona.” There was a strong vitriolic tone flaring in his voice while he spoke. “Don’t make me angry, Verona Freedom Hunt. Watch your words next time.”

“I’m sorry; it’s just that you’re my brother and I don’t want to see you get hurt,” Free explained himself. “You can’t always be the superhero. Give somebody else a chance once in awhile.”

“Last time I checked, I’m the only one who has super powers, which automatically makes me the superhero. Look around and you’ll see that I’m the only God forsaken mutant around here!”

“Get over yourself! I was only trying to help you,” spat Free. “You’re my brother; you’re more then a brother to me and Iggy…I don’t want to see you get hurt. We’re nothing without you, October, nothing! You can’t even begin to fathom what that means! October…Tober, please…please be careful.”

Shaking his head, October leaned forward rubbing his temples while groaning. “I-I’m sorry, Free. I’m a little tired, it’s been a long, long day.”

“Actually, I think that you’re upset because you can’t be with that Maximum chick. All because you are some ‘God forsaken mutant’ and I bet she has no idea. When you tell her, she’ll run away like all the other girls.” But October uttered nothing in response to her while he sat there biting his lip. Sighing, Free shook her head then brushed some of the hair out of her face. “Come on, Tober, I’m your sister…I can read you like a book so I know when you’re upset about something. And…also, I really didn’t mean that last thing to come out the way it did.”

“It’s getting late, go to bed,” ordered October.

“You really can be a jerk, Tober,” growled Free before storming away.

After she left, he looked at his lap top again searching for more information about Zane.

Zane

Now Kaige and I stood in front of Zane who paced to and fro. He was a decent looking man with this short dark, brown air that was like the color of coffee. It fell into little waves creating him into this handsome villain. Then he had these light blue eyes that looked almost as if they were gray.

“An empath, a real empath within-within my grasp,” he constantly mumbled to himself. “An empath…a real empath…an empath…”

“I say that we just kill him,” voted Kaige, “it’ll be a quick job.”
    “No, no not yet. Let’s have some fun first, change things up…this is an empath. First, we have to see how powerful he is ‘cause well maybe he’ll want to join our side. And then if he refuses or is unable to control all his abilities…that’s another thing, we have to introduce him to new abilities to test him. Alright back to what I was saying, if he is a flop then we’ll just kill him. How does that sound?”

“Great, if we were in a movie,” I thwarted through clenched teeth. No! Not October, never October. “It’s obscene and we should just ignore that little-that little plan of yours. We’re not in Hollywood.”

“No I agree with Zane, let’s go have some fun. I say it should be Scarlett’s and my job to weaken, upset this empath. We’ll like go in and take out his loved ones or something along those lines. Something Hollywood like,” replied Kaige with a broad smile. “Scarlett would be key because already he has taken an interest in her. I vote that we send her in as some sort of spy.”

I looked up at them startled. This couldn’t be happening! No! Every pat of me screamed in protest at this heinous idea; my heart ached, it felt as if I were going to vomit and-and tears gathered behind my eyes. Then I uttered something that would always haunt me because when I’m around Zane, I can’t think clearly. It was bad enough already that I insulted him with the whole movie comment. “Sounds like a plan.”

“Alright then, to test him I want Lucretia and Charlton to be sent in to kidnap a child or a sibling. Which Scarlett you’ll be able o tell us about within a day of staying with him. Then after we kidnapped this loved one, we’ll see what he is capable of.”

“Ok,” I whispered with a weak demeanor. This onus was somehow going to find a way to obliterate me in the end. “I-I…already know where he lives, too.” My world was demolished right then and there. Why did we have to meet? Why me? Why couldn’t it have been somebody else? If it had been somebody else; at least I would not be torn asunder. But-but then again, this was my destiny and this was my job…it was up to me to protect the people. Empaths were the most dangerous. Right? Or at least that was what Zane always told me. Maybe…maybe October wasn’t really dangerous, it was simply Zane suffering from some penis envy or something along those lines. I don’t know…I just don’t know what to do, what is going on…I don’t know!

“Get some sleep Scarlett, it’ll be your time to shine. What will you go by?”

“Maximum Force.”

“That’s the gayest name I’ve ever heard!” laughed Kaige.

“It was on TV when he asked for my name,” I hissed storming away. Once I was in my room…I burst into tears unable to control myself. I didn’t want to hurt October.

Smile Next two chapters...end of part one

Unintended

The next morning, Free went downstairs to find October asleep in his office. Piles of paper, books and to top it off; he was resting his head on the lap top’s keyboard. She glanced at a few things, slightly reading the pages to see the name Zane and a few things about his assassins.
    Frowning, she stole some papers reading all about Zane and the empath. But October started to stir but never woke up. He was in some sort of half-asleep, restless sleep stage. Whatever was wrong had to be in his dreams. Silently, Free put the papers back and left to chill in the other room.

Iggy was up already munching on a poptart while listening to music. “Did Tober go food shopping?”

“He’s sleeping,” replied Free, “so keep it down.”

“We have no milk though.”

“I know, we’ll go shopping today.”

“What about the park? He promised to take me to the park.”

“We can do that later,” laughed Free right before she stole the second poptart. “Ha ha suka!” Then she started to eat it with her little brother watching. “Tasty.”

Suddenly, the door swung pen and Aaron walked in from outside with a giant box of donuts with some drinks. “Hello,” he beamed.
    “We’re closed,” growled Free.

“Aw come on, I’m not here as a customer; I thought you’d like some food and hot chocolate to start the day off,” laughed Aaron putting everything down on a meek table that should have held onto some magazines but instead it was bare. “Don’t worry, there’s no poison involved here.”

“I love you!” shouted Iggy lunging forward.

“Where’s October? I-I think I accidentally put him in danger,” Aaron whispered to Free. “It’s dire that I speak with him immediately.”

“He’s asleep in his office, so pleas wait,” replied Free She took a donut. “Tober was up real late researching some guy named Zane. Do you happen to know anything about that?”

“I think that you should ask him there,” suggested Aaron. “I don’t want to upset you or anything.”

“Tell me…upstairs Ig-Ig,” ordered Free. “Take the food up with you and wait till I get you. The adults need to talk now.” The smile on his faded before he left carrying the box of donuts with him. “I’m Tober’s sister, you can tell me everything when Iggy’s not around because if Tober is in danger then it’s up to me to take care of him.”

“Ok…Zane is a guy who is in charge of killing all supernatural creatures who might pose a threat in the future. And by hiring October, I think I put him in danger. Rumor has it that Zane has caught onto who he is, which is horrendous news.”

“I don’t understand,” muttered Free.

“This guy wants October dead!” barked Aaron. “He is an empath, he is the epitome of all supernatural creatures.”

The color in her face blanched as she fell back into a seat. While she sat there, she gazed at the door to her brother’s office. “…Wow…wow…” she whispered to herself while shaking her head. “Are you…wow…”

“Don’t you want water?” asked Aaron.

“I-I…” but she trailed away because I crept into the room. “We’re closed.”

“Hey you’re that chick who was checking October out last night,” chuckled Aaron with a raised eyebrow. “Have you returned to see him?”

“Um yeah…hi I’m Maximum Force…um can I just stay here…I-I have nowhere else to go,” I lied straight to their faces with out faltering once. It was sickening though, to play damsel in distress but I had to do what I had to do. “These-these people…”

“Take a seat, I’ll see if October is awake,” replied Free, standing up. I followed her to the door to see October sleeping at his desk. “We’ll wake him soon.”

I remained in the doorway while Free turned on some gentle music. But my focus couldn’t be dragged away from how serene he was at the moment.

First, there was the one who challenged
    All my dreams and all my balance
    You could be my unintended
    Choice to live my life extended
    You should be the one I’ll always love
    I’ll be there as soon as I can
    But I’m busy
    Mending broken pieces of the life I had before
    I’ll be there as soon as I can
    But I’m busy
    Mending broken pieces of the life I had before
    (Unintended by Muse)

“It’s creepy to watch people sleep,” Free commented with her arms folded over her chest. “You should sit down instead of playing stalker.”

“Isn’t that bad for his back?” I questioned.

Free grumbled as she went back into the office, lightly shaking October’s shoulder. “Rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty, we’ve got company,” she whispered. Yawning with a slight groan, October sat up rubbing his cheek. There was a bunch of red marks from the keyboard.

“Sorry, sorry,” whispered October. Swiftly, he gathered all the papers but stopped when he saw me standing there. “H-h-hello Maximum.” I shyly waved in reply. “What are you doing here?” He brushed some hair out of his face but the tangled curls threw a fit. “Is-is something wrong?”

“What? I can’t come to just visit you?” I teased.

“That-that…that works, too,” quickly said October with his cheeks turning bright red. “I-I’m sorry that I jumped to conclusions. Do you want um coffee?”

“Actually, I did come for help…sorry about playing with your mind there. Take my word, there were no cruel intentions intended,” I told him. My heart was torn asunder with guilt devouring everything. October seemed too sweet and innocent to harm a person. “After my brother and I left, these-these people kidnapped him. I-I was so scared, so I ran home but-but it wasn’t there.”

“So you want me to find your brother?” asked October.

“Yes…please but I don’t know how much you charge,” I continued to play the pitiful role of the typical heroine.

“Nothing, I’ll do this for free,” replied October with a broad smile. “And please stay here, you can take my bed upstairs.”

“October!” screamed Free. “No! We need the money and-and you don’t have a bed! It’s not even a mattress, it’s a pile of sheets and a pillow.”
    “You’ll have to excuse Free…oh, FYI, that is my obnoxious, little sister Verona but we call her Free ‘cause here middle name is Freedom,” introduced October. “Then I have a little brother who is hiding somewhere, his name is Ichabod but we call him Iggy, Ig or Ig-Ig….we’re real big on nicknames.”

“What’s your nickname?” I asked with a laugh. It was cute, all the nicknames.

“Idiot,” hissed Free before storming away.

“Tober,” grinned October. “But when Free is pissed she calls me by my full name to annoy me. I had it when she does that, really I do.” There was a long pause while he gazed straight into my eyes with some sort of distant glint of pain within them. “We should talk later, somebody might walk in and-and Free is right about us really needing the money. It’s a bit obvious that we live in penury, come on just look around you…nothing’s hiding.”

“Do you need any help? You look a bit overwhelmed this morning.”

“You don’t owe me anything.” He began to clear of his desk, pushing things into empty drawers. Once the desk was clear, he looked back up at me to make more eye contact, it was polite. “Ignore Free.”

“I just wanted to help out, that’s all,” I began to laugh only to make his cheeks turn red. Everything about him, made me love him even more. Gosh, everything about him made me wish I could be like him. How did I ever think that I loved Kaige?! “But that’s ok, I’ll wait for you to finish your work hours.”

“No, no…please don’t,” begged October pulling a chair from the front of the desk to behind it. “Come sit down with me, please. Free is already my secretary but it’d be nice to have somebody keep me some company. It’s a huge job you know.”

I hold the whole world accused
    I've only got myself to blame
    I wonder why, I never wonder why
    The easiest things are so hard
    I just want, I just want love
    I just want something
    Something for nothing
    Something, something for nothing
    (Unconditional by The Bravery)

While I strolled around to sit down, October got up peering into the next room. “Turn that music down, Free, I can’t hear myself think in there,” he ordered. Rolling her eyes, she got up turning the music down a little bit allowing him to turn around and face me. A gay grin was now painted across his face. October tried to use his fingers as a brush but it failed to fix his slovenly auburn curls that hung around his alabaster face. He might have been embarrassed about them, but I actually really like how he appeared. Huggable, he was the sort of guy that you just wanted to hug. A small, good looking and adorable guy that you absolutely adored whether you were up close or at a distance. “…Hi…” laughed October with a cute little wave.

“Hi,” I giggled copying that goofy little wave.

“Hi,” repeated October before laughing. “This isn’t working too well.”

“Do you want me to leave?” my voice slightly faltered when I spoke. “I-I…can leave if you want me to.”

“No, I want to take you to breakfast,” smiled October. “Then we’ll get a start on looking for your brother.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“A hundred percent. The question is actually, do you mind if my sibling tag along? They really have nowhere else to go and I’m sure Iggy would love the reprieve of poptarts to have pancakes.”

“There’s two?” Great, it was a little too easy to learn who was close and dear to him. Why was I going to hurt him? How could I hurt him? Maybe I should lie; they’ll obviously listen to me because well it is me. “Where’s the other one?”

“I didn’t say anything about my brother…wow…I have a little brother named Iggy. He’ll be thrilled about this,” beamed October leading me into the next room. “Hey Free, we’re going out to eat…you can come, too Aaron but you have to pay for yourself.”

“Tober, have you gone insane?” snapped Free. “We don’t have the money.”
    “We’ll be alright on money,” grinned October as he went upstairs to find Iggy still eating donuts. “Hey, where did you get those?”

“Aaron brought them for us,” explained Iggy. “Free said that I could have them.”

“But I was going to take you out for breakfast,” October pretended to whine.

“Oh boy, third breakfast!” exclaimed Iggy.

“Third…third breakfast?! What else have you eaten today?”

“A pop tart. Free stole the other one…I was…pissed,” he ended with giggles.

“We don’t say that word.”

“You and Free say it all the time.”

“You’re not allowed to say that word, you’re too young.”

“I was mad?” Iggy tried to correct himself. “Does that sound better?”

“Much,” laughed October taking out shoes from underneath his bed. Carefully, he started to put the shoes on Iggy’s feet while I scanned the somber area. It was one room with stained wallpaper peeling that was a worn down light purplish color. There were two run down beds with sheets and a few pillows. Then there was a small pile of sheets and a pillow. “So are you now ready to go?”

I whipped my attention back to October and Iggy embarrassed that they caught me gawking at the penury they lived in. “Of course, I’m ready to go!” I blurted so caught off guard. The poor guys were probably growing uncomfortable by my presence.

“I wasn’t asking you,” chuckled October holding onto his little brother’s hand. “Ig-Ig here has issues with getting ready. The kid never remembers where his shoes are.” Playfully, he pulled Iggy into an arm lock while ruffling his hair. “But I love him anyway. Alright…so let’s move out.”
    October pushed him forward before turning to face me. A smile spread across his face as our eyes met. Shyly, I waved to him. “Ready?” I asked him.

“Yes,” smiled October walking downstairs with me following. Below everybody was waiting for us. He swept Iggy off his feet and onto his shoulders. “Onward ho!”

Everybody ran after them but I lingered inside for a few seconds. From that moment on, I know that I would have to steal Iggy away…or maybe Free. Anyhow, my orders were loud and clear, I had to test October. Or could I get away with it?

So This is Love

It was awkward sitting at breakfast at some fast food place. The whole time, Free sat there glowering at me, which October was oblivious to. He sat next to me but was busy while playing with Iggy. Even Aaron glared at me, it was as if I were some sort of intruder…or they knew the truth about me.

“October? October?” I attempted to snatch his attention away from his brother.

Instantly, he met my eyes. “I’m sorry, so sorry, Maximum. You’re the guest and I should pay attention to you.”

“What’s your favorite color?” shouted Iggy.

“Yes, yes, Maximum, what is your favorite color?” laughed October.

“Purple,” I giggled.

“Blue,” chimed October.

“Orange!” exclaimed Iggy. “I want to ask the pretty lady another question! What is your second favorite color?!” He was adorable. “Mine is red! Just like October’s hair! His second favorite color is also red…like his hair!” Then he stood up on his seat, twisting one of October’s curls. “Look how cut and geeky he is. You should kiss him.”

Once again, October slightly blushed as he waved a hand at Iggy chasing him away. Leaning forward, he moved closer to me. “Do you want to leave this place?”

For a few minutes, I sat there thinking about what I should do but not too much thought was put into my decision. “Yes,” I yelped, standing up.
    “Free, please watch Iggy. I’ll meet you at home,” smiled October standing up, too. “Bye.” Before she could even protest, we were gone.

Free leapt to her feet running toward the window watching us walk by. Standing up, Aaron walked up to her side. “I don’t like that girl! What if she tries to hurt Tober?”

“I’m sure they’ll be fine,” reassured Aaron.

“She’s too pretty for a guy like my brother,” retorted Free. “Watch Iggy, I’m spying on them.” She, too, left before Aaron could protest.

October and I ambled through the city streets with no destinations. Together, we stood side by side but never held hands. Still a painful tingle pulsed through my body but it was easy to ignore.

“So do you have any suggestions?” asked October.

“No, remember that I just moved here,” I playfully pushed him. “You choose.”

“The park.”

“But it looks like it’s about to rai…” I was interrupted by him grabbing onto my hand and running away. Laughing, I clutched his hand allowing him to lead the way. It didn’t take long for us to enter the placid park. Here there were trees and grass with the metropolis surrounding the area. An empty playground came into view. I broke free running ahead to the swings. Within seconds, of me landing on the seat; October came up behind me giving me a giant push. My stomach seemed to move as I swung to and fro. Every time I came toward him, he’s give me another giant push. Soon I was so high in the air it felt as if I were flying.

On the swing beside me, October jumped on moving his legs to reach my height. I followed suit, finally able to stay on the swing by myself. We were in unison, which was amazing. Still holding on with one hand I reached out taking October’s hand.

“So can I call you Tober?” I asked.

“No, chuckled October. “That’s only the name that my sister and brother call me. I hardly know you and you hardly know…me…” For some reason, his voice trailed away while the swing came to a slow stop. “…I’m sorry…”

“Well you can’t call me Max then, I’m Maximum to you,” I mumbled. Guess I had some sort of supposition that he would say yes. How wrong I had been. “Is something wrong?” My swing came to a stop.

“M-Maximum, I-I have to-to…tell you something important,” claimed October in such a torpid fashion it made me feel sick. Suddenly, he became silent gazing at me while the area remain almost unnaturally silent. Somewhere in the distance music played making everything become more somber. Already it was such a murky day.

And if you go
    I want to go with you
    And if you die
    I want to die with you
    Take your hand and walk away
    (Lonely Day by System of a Down)

There was some sort of culpable glint in October’s eyes while he gazed at me. What in the world did he have to tell me. His lips parted to say something but remained open in an irresolute manner. I felt like such a novice in this situation.

“I-I normally don’t t-tell people this,” October began to equivocate. Now for him to drop the bomb on me. “I’m-I’m not-not…” he stopped again in this dilatory struggle. “I-I um I’m not…looking at you as a friend…any…any more…I-I love you.”

Some how I knew that was not what he originally planned to say but yet it was still true. My heart shattered, it would be impossible to resuscitate this mission. At that moment, I felt like sobbing, like I was going to tell him about my now nebulous mission. But instead I sat there gazing at him. Silently, he swung over wrapping his arms around me and we kissed. Some may say that we were a little too hasty but what choice did we have. I was an assassin and he was my target. There was hardly any time.

There’s a part of me that you’ll never know
    The only thing I’ll never show
    Hopelessly, I’ll love you endlessly
    Hopelessly, I’ll give you everything
    But I won’t give you up
    I won’t let you down
    And I won’t leave you falling
    If the moment ever comes
    (Endlessly by Muse)

October pulled his lips away and gazed at me. Still an egregious glint glowed in his eyes. Then I realized what was wrong with him. Before he wanted to tell me that he was an empath but couldn’t manage it. The poor guy was in need of much adulation, which was something that I could never offer him. So I sat there.

Crestfallen, October slowly pulled away from me but I wouldn’t allow him. “I love you,” I whispered revealing my vulnerability. That stalwart assassin part of me was becoming evanescent. “I love you, October,” I repeated. Without doubt, we were star-crossed lovers who were about to endure certain infraction, pain and so much more. October swung over pulling me into an embrace again and we kissed.

I read the first post by you and I found you in a very miserable condition. But the world is like that things do not smoothly for anybody. All have to undergo different states in life.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.