Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How are litnetters at driving?

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Equality72521 View Post
    I speed constantly. 40 is like my minimum. I'm hoping not to get a ticket anytime soon *knock on wood* (I really did just knock on wood, like, three different kinds ) I hate going slow and I hate drivers that are slow. eugh. Almost got into a car wreck recently, not my fault though some drunk was trying to run a red light and I stopped just in time. for the extra intriguing details its in my blog. I don't really want to relive that situation.
    slow drivers bother me alot too. I was telling a friend of mine about a time I was stuck behind this person going 10 under the speed limit, and my friend was like, "and what's wrong with that?" ugh, if we ever go anywhere together, I hope I drive.
    Calvin: You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

I don't mind slow drivers as long as they saty in the correct lane. If you're going below the speed limit please stay in the right lane so the rest of us can get around you.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    I don't mind slow drivers as long as they saty in the correct lane. If you're going below the speed limit please stay in the right lane so the rest of us can get around you.
    Yes, slow drivers on the motorways are OK as long as they stay on the right lane. What I hate is when the trucks start to pass each other and block all the traffic

I don't mind if someone drives a bit slower than the speed limit, but I do get get irritated when people drive like 35 km/h when the speed limit is 50 km/h. I mean, in most of time there is just the one lane and your chances of passing that slow driver are minimal.
    Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing. Her hair was golden as the sun's rays and her soul as clear and blue as her eyes.
    Gaston Leroux - The Phantom of the Opera

Blog Entries
    Driving at a good deal less than the speed limit is also dangerous.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Well... I'm not old enough to drive yet, but I have had experiences that indicate I should stay away from the driving seat.

1.) I was only 5 years old when my dad sat me on his lap and let me hold the steering wheel (naturally, he was controlling the car.) All off a sudden, I got very excited and jerked the wheel to the right violently. We never spoke of it again.

2.) This was only a couple of years ago when I went to a Go-kart centre for a friend's birthday. I went from driving too slow and irritating all those behind me, to nearly running over the instructor who didn't come near me for the rest of the day.
    "Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer's day"
    Oscar Wilde [The Picture of Dorian Gray]

Blog Entries
    I too like fast driving

My father says -- You only know two things in the car -- accelerator and steering
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Blog Entries
    I just remembered 2 funny stories about driving. When I had switched jobs within my old company I had to go to Virginia for a month. I went with 3 other people. It was me, 2 women and one guy. We had decided we would let the guy do the driving. Boy , was that a mistake. One day we decided to take a drive to Virginia beach. I was sitting in the front seat and the other 2 women were in the back seat. We're driving along and all of a sudden we realize that John (the guy's name) was driving on the wrong side of the road. Thank god it wasn't a busy thoroughfare. We told him to pull over and made him get in the backseat and I took over the driving.
    He also had a bad habit of getting on the highway, you know the lane that enables you to get onto the highway. A normal person would gain speed and then enter the lane. Well this dork would get into the entrance lane and come to a full stop, then wait for when he can get into the lane. After he did this a few more times, we never let him drive again.
    What Are You Crazy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    He also had a bad habit of getting on the highway, you know the lane that enables you to get onto the highway. A normal person would gain speed and then enter the lane. Well this dork would get into the entrance lane and come to a full stop, then wait for when he can get into the lane. After he did this a few more times, we never let him drive again.
    But that's DANGEROUS It's a miracle if that guy hasn't caused any accidents yet
    Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing. Her hair was golden as the sun's rays and her soul as clear and blue as her eyes.
    Gaston Leroux - The Phantom of the Opera

Actually isn't there a slow speed limit?

True that slow people should definitely stick to their lane on highways because they can really be both dangerous AND annoying.

Currently reading:
    The Basque History of the World by Mark Kurlansky

I got a ticket for going 148 km/h in a 100 km zone. Thank god the place I happened to be in didn't have the same severity of fines as Ontario.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyW View Post
    Well... I'm not old enough to drive yet, but I have had experiences that indicate I should stay away from the driving seat.

1.) I was only 5 years old when my dad sat me on his lap and let me hold the steering wheel (naturally, he was controlling the car.) All off a sudden, I got very excited and jerked the wheel to the right violently. We never spoke of it again.

2.) This was only a couple of years ago when I went to a Go-kart centre for a friend's birthday. I went from driving too slow and irritating all those behind me, to nearly running over the instructor who didn't come near me for the rest of the day.
    HAha! It's okay, my first time to drive I wrecked into a tree....in my OWN FRONT YARD!!!!!

Don't worry you get over any problems you have really quickly. It takes like two times behind the wheel to get the hang of it.

I promised myself, after being in the car with one of my friends who is worse than me and will go 90 in a 40 zone, I will never, ever drive fast. That was a failure. I hate slow people. I understand that you don't have to go over the speed limit but people who are like ten below really upset me! I'm just like "hurrrrryyy upppp you nusiance!"
    Little one, Fate might miscarry.
    Little one, why do you tarry?
    Little one, When May I marry you?
    My little one.

I don't have any cars at all,literally.I yearn to have a car,but it would be unaffordable.

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't afford a car, either. But luckily I can borrow from various family members.
    Calvin: You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

Blog Entries
    A car is an incredible expense. Between the purchase, the insurance, the maitenence, and repairs it just sucks you dry. I usually urge young people to do without if possible. Save your money for something important, like your future. Of course I understand that there are parts of the country that you cannot get around with public transportation and just getting around requires a car.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Get yourself an old rust bucket of a car & insurance to only cover other objects in collisions.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast