Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logos, we are calling:

Blog Entries

Logos, we are calling:

We have a few grievances to bring up with you, I know admin has granted you power to edit, delete and lock, but perhaps you are getting carried away.
    There are others who share my opinion.

If you share my opinion, post your grievances/ thoughts on this matter here and now.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

King of Plastic Spoons imthefoolonthehill's Avatar
    uh... what did he lock? confused....man did i get out of the loop
    Told by a fool, signifying nothing.

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stanislaw, maybe you can post some specific examples of exactly how you think I am `getting carried away'.

I did not ban hiiThuan.

I deleted some posts in his topic because there were swear words and a racial slur used.

Some people went on to quote his post, hence my deleting those posts that contained the swear words and racial slur.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

I think it is ok if that is ^ what Logos did, what a moderator should be doing. If it is so, stan you shud not blame him/her as it is his duty. If anyone wants swear and racial slur to be posted, shud ask the admin to change the rules, rt?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't approve your act in deleting posts..leave them as they are.

Blog Entries
    As per the Forum Rules, posts containing swear words and or racial slurs will be deleted.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    why....??????

Blog Entries
    Maybe some people need to be reminded of the Forum Rules here because I am not here to discuss nor defend myself in my Moderator duties.

I am here merely to see that they are followed, as well as the issues of politics, swearing and age-inapporpritate content.

Emphasis mine in bold.

This is a reminder to you, that when you registered to become a user of this forum, you agreed to the following:

"By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

The Administrators of `The Literature Network' reserve the right to refuse membership to anyone, at any time, for any reason. These rules are subject to change at any time. Moderators oversee the forums. They may edit or delete inappropriate content, or merge similar topics.

In general, you may not use your membership here for:

Flaming, baiting, trolling or personal attacks on other posters.

Threatening, harrassing, abusing or intimidating others.

Spamming (posting commercial messages)

Flooding: Posting of multiple messages or topics, in close succession, so as to monopolize forum pages, drown out other people, and/or disrupt the forums.

Any illegal activity and any interruptive behaviour that affects others' use of this forum.

Gross violations of these rules will not be tolerated. This is a privately run, public access forum, with rules, just like most other forums on the internet. The Administrators and Moderators, not always with notification, reserve the right to edit, delete, or lock any topic or post that violates these rules.

People should feel free here to express their opinons and ideas, and discuss them civilly. Agree to disagree if you want, but don't resort to personal attacks.

Feel free to send a PM to Admin or a Moderator with any questions regarding the use of the forums.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't agree with what hihtuan wrote in his post but personally i prefer if you leave that post alone, that way me and other members will always able to see what he has wrote n why the lad got banned.

sub, what you say is a personal preference. but logos have to do what his job is, rt? why you blame him alone for carrying out his duty? i think you should ask admin to change the rules then. otherwise, this is a personal attack. sad

Banned
    Blog Entries
    originally posted by Stan: There are others who share my opinion.

several personals preferences. better say something that keep quite.
    Last edited by subterranean; 11-25-2004 at 06:15 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    and believe me..this is not attack..believe me!

ok, do u think i can post some xxx pictures and let everyone see it?
    don't say it is a different thing (cuz it is visual and more catching)

and as long as you name a particular person and write comments like " Don't be power hungry because admin is gone.".. "shame on you!!!!",, just cuz he did what he was supposed to, i feel it is a personal attack and hindrance to a moderator's job.

and do you think logos shud go against forum rules?? why anyone didn't reply on that?? i think u shud change ur signatures and maybe put like "shame on forum rules" instead.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    I agree with rocksea that Logos is doing his job;i.e. carrying out his tasks as dictated by the Forum Rules. When we register and become members of forums, we, initially, agree with the rules which aim to provide a safe and secure atmosphere for its users. If you have any issues or dissatisfaction with these rules, you should take them to the Admin, by emailing him if necessary.

Targetting Logos at the moment seems futile and unnecessary. I have not witnessed him favouring certain individuals/subjects or being negligent. He is merely doing what he is expected of him as a moderator.

As for the necessity of deletion of certain messages or closure of certain forums... We all come from different ethnic/racial/cultural/social backgrounds and for us to be able to carry on as a community on here, we do need to have certain rules. Swearing or anything which might be offensive to certain members cannot be tolerated. If individuals behave unacceptably are banned from the site, why not their messages and posts?
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 11-25-2004 at 10:27 AM.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

I totally support Logos' actions here. Things like that are just not tolerated. This forum has to stay kid friendly. Alot of teachers believe it or not tell their students to come here. They aren't going to do that if there is that kind of filth in the forums.

When a thread goes downhill it is standard operating procedure in just about all forums to remove all posts after the point where it goes bad.

For instance if you have a thread that degenerates into name calling you don't need to delete the whole thread, just from where the name calling starts to the end.

Even if the name calling is one sided, you need to still remove both sides as otherwise anyone coming into the thread is going to be really confused as to why the other side keep complaining about name calling that isn't apparent.

So you basically have two goals.

1. Getting rid of the filth.
    2. Maintaining the coherence of the thread.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast