Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Tell a dream and get interpretations

Tell a dream and get interpretations

Can we go on a thread like this: tell a dream vision and get interpretations?

Last night, I dreamt that I was not able to write his (the one I adore) name correctly despite my attempt to correct several times. Please who knows the meaning of this dream vision?
    Last edited by white camellia; 04-20-2008 at 06:53 AM.
    There is no polite way
    of being happy

Quote Originally Posted by white camellia View Post
    Can we go on a thread like this: tell a dream vision and get interpretations?

Last night, I dreamt that I was not able to write his (the one I adore) name correctly despite my attempt to correct several times. Please who knows the meaning of this dream vision?
    This is an obsession, the obsession of you with someone.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Perhaps your subconsious is telling you it's a bad match??
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

still waiting to be found amanda_isabel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    hmm.. interesting thread, guys. the interpretation of dreams has always fascinated me..

unfortunately i have no advice for dear white camellia. my dreams puzzle me exceedingly.
    ...don't need therapy to rehabilitate my smile...

http://profiles.friendster.com/6239700

Blog Entries
    I've attempted to find some things but of course you can only ever find meanings for small parts, so perhaps you might be able to make something from what I found!
    Writing

To dream that you are writing, signifies some sort of communication with someone or with your conscious mind. It also denotes a mistake that you have made.
    I'm not sure exactly what your relationship with the one you adore is, or how you felt in the dream, so here is a variety of things:

Lover

To see a lover in your dream, symbolizes acceptance, self-worth, and acknowledgement of your true inner value. It may also indicate integration of masculine and feminine traits into yourself. You are feeling complete or whole.
    To dream of an old or former lover, signifies unfinished/unresolved issues related to that specific relationship. Your current relationship may be awakening some of those same issues.

Love

To dream of love of being in love, suggests intense feelings carried over from a waking relationship. It implies happiness and contentment with what you have and where you are in life. On the other hand, you may not be getting enough love in your daily life. We naturally long for the sense to belong and to be accepted.

This was all from http://www.dreammoods.com/ so feel free to look up more details of your dream, or else there is HEAPS of other dream dictionaries on the internet

I've got a dream if you guys would be up for interpreting.

Anyway, I need to explain a few things. The first being 'The Guy' in the dream I changed his name for the sake of identity being kept secret. He's the boyfriend of my best friend, and in my Theater Sports team, which I'm captain of. Secondly, the reference to the Law Courts is where I work, I work in the state law library, filing away law journals.

Here's the dream, I wrote it in a Word document the moment I woke up, it was pretty vivid:

I was in a helicopter heading somewhere; we were flying over a freeway in the outback. I was writing some sort of essay, and I was pretty bored. This girl or woman (I can't remember how old) was piloting the helicopter, and I seem to remember she was someone important, perhaps a good friend. I told her I was bored. She replied, 'If you're bored, why don't you read the book Atonement?' and she's flipping through this book called Atonement, 'It's a really good book.'

I look up and see that the helicopter is losing control, as the pilot is too busy looking at her book Atonement. Before I can say anything, the helicopter goes off flying over the freeway, and crashes into a forest. I remember coming to and getting out to go to my pilot friend. Her pack is keeping her upright; she's in a field of grass. I hear her rasping of breath, I try to check her pulse, but before I can, her head comes off in my arms. I carry it further into the field, set it down, before realizing its a severed head, her helmet with a visor and a microphone for communicating still fastened on. I scream.

The next thing I remember is meeting up with The Guy, and a little toddler who's with him, I seem to remember they're part of my troupe. The Guy and I are trying to keep what's happened a secret to the toddler, who's too young to understand. 'I'll just go check how she's going, she's gone away for a while, okay?' I lie to the toddler about our pilot-friend, and The Guy is there with a smile trying to keep the charade going. The toddler seems to buy it.

They wait for me by a ruined, overgrown shed while I start to head back, away from the dense undergrowth, to the field. Then, of all people, the fourth of our troupe comes out from behind the shed and follows me, he seems to have found us. It is none other than Steve Carell.

'I saw everything you did!' Steve Carell had said, I think he meant both the fact I had accidentally severed the pilot's head and lied to the little toddler about the pilot.

'She's too young to understand.' I had said, remembering for some reason that Steve Carell is the evil one of our troupe; he's staring at me with a cold smirk.

I check on the pilot again. Her head is still severed from her body. She is certainly dead.

Carell and I head back to the toddler and The Guy. We walk onwards in the forest in silence, looking down at the ground. Then we find the 'hotel' we had made for Carell to sleep in, he seems to be some sort of Hotel Connoisseur. I think it was the destination the helicopter was heading for.

We try on the radio all the other stations to listen into, but the only one that works is a station called Radio 9, who interrupts every now and again to say 'The only radio station that works, all the other radio stations are down at the moment!'

Then we begin to get ready for bed, and wait for Steve Carell to choose which room he is going to sleep in. The hotel is a set of rooms in the forest, in a cement and brick building. We recommend to him the double bed, but for some reason he chooses a bedroom with a single bed, with an adjacent bathroom to wash his hands. We shrug, and go to our own beds.

The next morning we wake up, and I try to get the attention of The Guy, to tell him what happened to the pilot and the helicopter crash. I begin to tell him, and then I say 'We were only twenty feet away!' and we both break into sobbing. Then the toddler and Steve Carell come back, and before I can tell The Guy fully that the helicopter has crashed, The Guy holds a finger to his lips and says 'Not now, not in front of them.'

I ask if we should ring for help. The Guy says: 'Shouldn't we ring the Law Library first?'

'Why?' I say, 'Shouldn't we ring family?'

'No,' he says, 'we ring the Law Library. Tell them you're not coming in.'

Then I awake.

---

What are people's thoughts?
    Currently Reading:

The Marriage Plot - Jeffrey Eugenides
    Neon Genesis Evangelion: Volume 1 - Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
    Song for Night - Chris Abani