Thread: Suggested Reads

Suggested Reads

Hi I'm new to this forum and I am really starting to begin wanting to read again and I've been reading books such as "One Flew Ove the Cuckoo's Nest", "Slauhter-house five", Animal farm ,etc. What I would like to kno if anybody has any suggestions on books that are similar to those I mentioned

Thanks

P.S Please don't bite off my head if this is the wrong palce for this thread

The Ghost of Laszlo Jamf islandclimber's Avatar
    If you want to read one of the best satires ever written.. read "Master and Margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov... it puts Orwell's stuff to shame... it really does... Read Dostoevsky's "Notes from the Underground" too... and Oscar Wilde's "Picture of Dorian Gray"... all fairly short, and all just incredible pieces of literature..

The Master and Margarita is one of the best novels of the 20th century,and it's a bit more than just satire...Not an easy read though,you might want to wait with it a bit.If you're looking for books loosely similar to those you mentioned,try Catch 22 by Heller,1984 by Orwell,We by Zamyatin...
    Noću, u intimnom, poluglasnom razgovoru sa samim sobom, nikako ne mogu zapravo logički opravdati zašto se u posljednje vrijeme toliko uzrujavam zbog ljudske gluposti.

Miroslav Krleža

Some more novels in line with what you've been reading: Ishmael Reed's The Freelance Pallbearers and Yellow Back Radio Broke Down; James Purdy's Malcom and Cabot Wright Begins; Phillip Roth's Our Gang; Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49; and Eudora Welty's The Robber Bridegroom. But everybody is making great suggestions.
    Witty quotation here! Witty quotation here!

I *asked* for my account to be "deleted"
    Blog Entries
    i don't know what's similar to slaughterhouse-5, first thing comes to mind is catch-22