Thread: Hello everyone!!!

Hello everyone!!!

Hi, everyone!
    I'm a 19 year-old college student of European Languages, majoring in Spanish. I have always loved reading books since I was a kid but it was only now that I have actually taken interest in serious literature. At the present, I'm reading some Chinese literature. I became addicted to it just last semester when I've read the "Dream of the Red Mansions". Now, I'm reading "The Analects of Confucius". I was also very much interested in Japanese literature.

My fave author's Mark Twain and Charles Dickens. My fave book of all time is the Holy Bible, especially The Book of Revelations and The Book of Ecclesiastes.

Aside from being a bookworm, I'm also an otaku (anime fan). I love anything with a supernatural touch and I do not really go for romance. My faves will always be fantasy, adventure and magic.

Oh, and I used to play soccer when I was in high school. I'm not a player now but I would love to kick a ball while in a field again.

I love the moon!!! It's my inspiration and my muse. I have written quite a number of poems about her. (For me, the moon is a SHE.)

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    You sound like an incredible person! With excellent taste! Glad to have you here!
    Chinese Literature, you must reccomend some to me! I am currently studying Chinese as a language.
    Welcome aboard ze ship o' LitNet.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Really? Wow that's nice!!! (I mean, you studying Chinese.) A lot of people may be taken aback coz the Chinese language is difficult to learn. I'm part Chinese and I've studied in a private Chinese school here in my country so I know how to get by in a Chinese conversation. I used to take it for granted, though and it was only now that I realized that it's so cool.

Some must-reads are The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dream of the Red Mansions and Journey to the West. Those 3 are the most popular. And they're 3 of the 4 great classics in China.

For contemporaries, try Yan Tingyun. She's a writer and most of her works are tragic, that's why I love them hehe.

If you encounter problems with regards to Chinese, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to help.