hi ya'll,

http://www.theonering.net/rumour_mil...oom/index.html
^if you sheck that out you'll notice they have discussion leaders on schedule rotations! and they're typically only discussing 3 books: silmarillion, hobbit, lord of the rings. they are also exhaustive in analysis.

now i know most of the people on this board are just casual readers and not as obsessive as those Tolkien fans but i would like to have a sort of a leisurely discussion instead of that regimented.

i know that there is already a book of the month discussion forum but even that i think is too fast-paced for those of us who read slower and are more digestive of content. i realize not many people post on this board vs other frantic boards but i just thought i'd like to throw this idea out there.

wait what's the idea? well it's simply picking a book, generating a thread dedicated each of the book's chapter and discussing the heck out of it until people are sick and tired of it and then move to the next chapter. hopefully everyone will get to read the same book so it becomes more lively. the prob with book discussion is that everyone has to be on the same chapter in a literal and figurative manner of speaking.

this is just a suggestion. i may start a thread about the dark tower by stephen king soon.