Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE read and give me your comments

PLEASE read and give me your comments

This is a letter form essay to the author of Tuesdays with Morrie about the book. please give me your comments and correct any kind of grammar mistakes that this essay might have. Thank You

Dear Mitch Albolm,
    I thought I’d just write a letter to you and tell you how Tuesdays with Morrie changed my life.
    Why was Tuesdays with Morrie such a change in my point of view on life? Maybe because Morrie’s point of view on life was so great that if one really listens to what Morrie has to say, one may realize that material objects are not the most important things in life. But what is important is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in. And if we can’t learn this lesson, I’m afraid there’s no hope for any of us.
    In a way, I feel that there is a connection between me and you. By saying this, I mean that both you and I served as an outlet in which a teacher could store his knowledge, while in two different senses, of course. I, like you, also have had a teacher had has taught me a life lesson, and her name is Ms. Linda Douglas. She taught me to always be the best that I can be and to never let anyone or anything stand in the way of my goals. We are still in contact today, and still maintain a wonderful friendship.
    Tuesdays with Morrie kind of mirrored my life in a way that I’m sure happens to almost everyone. When Morrie finds out that he has A. L. S. , he thinks to himself (as I do when things happen to me that I feel are devastating) shouldn’t the world stop? Don’t they know what has happened to me? But the world doesn’t stop. It goes on as usual.
    One thing that I know is that if one were to tell me that Tuesdays with Morrie was a non-fiction book about an old man that gets a disease and meets regularly with an old student, I wouldn’t have been interested. But reading this book has been such a great experience for me, that I am surprised at myself that I would even associate myself with a book of it’s category.
    Tuesdays with Morrie showed me things about my world that I never noticed or paid attention to before. For instance, I never knew there was such a thing as A. L. S. before I read Tuesdays with Morrie. But one thing that I never would have known is that in the period of time that Morrie taught, the teachers decided to give everyone an A as an alternative to their students being drafted.
    Before I read Tuesdays with Morrie, I really wasn’t all that sentimental toward old people who couldn’t do much for themselves. But after reading it, I started wanting to help out at the senior citizens center that is near my house.
    Previous to reading Tuesdays with Morrie, I never wanted to go to church. This is due to two reasons: I thought church was boring, and I didn’t want to spend a lot of time with my Grandma after church. Reading Tuesdays with Morrie has changed my perspective on both going to church, and spending some time with my grandma. After reading Tuesdays with Morrie I started to go to church and pray for people who are sick and their families.
    After church, I help my grandma do things like clean the house, rake the leaves, and take out the trash, since she is unable to do those things herself.
    Reading Tuesdays with Morrie has showed me how large the burden of ill senior citizens is.
    Before I read Tuesdays with Morrie, I thought that any non-fiction book would be the most boring kind of book I could ever read. I behaved very bad around my mother. We always used to get into fights and I would do whatever I could to annoy her. One time I even told her that when I grew up and she couldn’t do certain things, I wouldn’t be there for her. But after reading your book, I felt very bad about all of this. I really started trying to avoid fights with my mother and I always tried to be the most encouraging to my mother that I could be. I started to do things like ask her how her day was regularly because I know that that makes her feel better.
    Tuesdays with Morrie has truly changed my overall lifestyle and I am extremely glad that you wrote it. In a way I feel like God had planned for me to read this book.

Sincerely,
    A. J. Watson

Banned
    Blog Entries
    was this post moved or I'm looking a duplicate thread?

Blog Entries
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...ead.php?t=3265

mayhap this is wuchyou seek, madame.

*couldn't resist
    Last edited by amuse; 10-20-2004 at 08:18 PM.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Amuse my dear, i was trying to be ironic there. I know that this is a duplicate thread

SubT... need lesson in irony? Though I specialize in cynicism I could make an exception just for you
    Hinty, using smileys helps
    I have a plan: attack!

Blog Entries
    GLUG (falls over)

t'was brillig after all.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    SubT... need lesson in irony? Though I specialize in cynicism I could make an exception just for you
    Hinty, using smileys helps
    i need a smiley to give a sense of irony...?

I could make an exception just for you
    that make me feel so special jay

Well, you know what? You are, maybe that's it .

And it's usually smiley or the one that does the trick... well, at least helps .

Blog Entries
    this one is pretty usefull too and

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Someone's trying to be forbidding me the use of smileys , mean things .
    *points finger at SubT* ... I would never give my friend away, EVER

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ahhh..put that finger away from me Jay...I was just trying to reveal the truth to our fellow members

*pokes Sub with the above mentioned finger*

Blog Entries
    its all fun and games untill somone loses an eye...

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Wouldn't poke that high, no fun making permanent damage, would not be able to do it ever again .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    well don't poke too low either...that's my sensitive area

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast