Thread: looking for the epilogue

looking for the epilogue

hi all,

I'm currently directing "the taming.." in Malawi, East Africa and can't find the text of the epilogue on the internet... so i'm stuck :-/
    could anyone please please help me!

thanks so much, gudula

Blog Entries
    I think a stage setting of a dramatic sunset is always appropriate for this. It means a new day comes...ie the shrew is tamed, and happiness is upon them. Break a leg, and let us know how it goes.
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    Sorry, allow me to link.
    "I am glad to learn my friend that you had not yet submitted yourself to any of the mouldy laws of Literature."
    -John Muir

"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - It gives a lovely light"
    -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Blog Entries
    perhaps you should write a new epilogue my friend. One that brings hope...peace, peter, B
    -John Muir

-Edna St. Vincent Millay

Thanks for the idea with the dramatic sunset ;-) but I really need a solution for the epilogue where Sly wakes up from his drunken "dream" and goes off to tame his wife at home.
    In my version Petrucchio and Kate kind of tame each other and are having a big performance at the end to 1) get the money - probably more Petrucchio interest really 2) have a moment of revenge regarding the other girls - Bianca and the widow - who mocked Katherina up earlier in the play.
    For a conservative Malawian set up (I am working at an international school in Blantyre, Malawi, East Africa) that's a relatively new idea, even if probably already done in European and American theatres.
    And now I need this epilogue. It is actually some kind of promise that has been made to the actor (Sly), so if anyone can please help me, I really struggle to transcribe it from an old VHS tape...
    Thanks!